The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 18 September 2020, 06:06 AM   #4681
-dustin
2024 Pledge Member

Well, PENN and DKNG managed to salvage an otherwise 'meh' day. Was expecting a lot worse.
-dustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2020, 06:09 AM   #4682
RyanO
"TRF" Member

Watch: LVc
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeezy14@hotmail.com View Post
Not upset about that close today, considering how the day was going / where we started.

Second that. Could have been much worse, and at least somewhat encouraging that we’re consolidating here and the selling isn’t accelerating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RyanO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2020, 11:00 AM   #4683
kearez
"TRF" Member

Anyone following NKLA? Not a share holder but after reading the research sounds like they could be a in a ton of trouble. If I wasn’t too afraid I’d be opening a short position on them.
kearez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2020, 11:40 AM   #4684
-dustin
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kearez View Post
Anyone following NKLA? Not a share holder but after reading the research sounds like they could be a in a ton of trouble. If I wasn’t too afraid I’d be opening a short position on them.
Too much drama for me. I’ve got enough with TSLA.
Old 18 September 2020, 12:05 PM   #4685
Duey
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Too Many To List
Did well on GE this week
Duey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2020, 01:03 PM   #4686
jaisonline
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 5 digit models
Quote:
Originally Posted by -dustin View Post
Too much drama for me. I’ve got enough with TSLA.
True. I was in for 3 days in June, read Milton's twitter exchanges, listened to a few Cathy Wood videos, and managed to sell for a small profit. Was like a soap opera. Rolled that money into TSLA & DKNG. Less drama and never looked back
jaisonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2020, 09:21 PM   #4687
JParm
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes!
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/te...S%3D1600427683

No tech bubble here, according to Credit Suisse. CNBC says continue to add on weakness to big tech, and I completely agree.

Quote:
Strategists at Credit Suisse say the word “bubble” isn’t appropriate for the tech sector. Technology investment share of gross domestic product, and capital expenditure to sales, are only slightly above their norms, and forecast revenue growth is in line with trends, they say. The London-based team, led by Andrew Garthwaite, adds that, during bubbles, price-to-earnings ratios tend to widen out to 45 to 72 times earnings; the Nasdaq right now is on 37 times earnings.
While tech might not run up as other laggards when a vaccine is introduced, it is still a safe haven and one for the future...as I always say.

Let's not forget that even with sector rotation, it doesn't take away from the fact that COVID has brought digital transformation a lot closer / quicker to the forefront than anything we could have imagined (e.g. telehealth, e-commerce, edge computing, etc). None of that changes.
Old 18 September 2020, 09:41 PM   #4688
Xelorpepsi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by logo View Post
SNOW was absurdly priced. At 75-80 it was steep but not unreasonable, the fact they boosted it to 120 yesterday last minute tells me all I need to know about management - greedy. Let the product speak for itself, not the stock price. Anyway, at an annual revenue of 500M (remember, NET is 400M, FSLY 300M), a share price at 240 is well >60B valuation in contrast to NETs 11B and FSLYs 8.5B. Can’t imagine who bought at over 300.... heavy bags. SNOW has higher annual growth, but all three are negative EPS.
It's called bookbuilding and has nothing to do with management's greed. Investment bankers just built their book and saw an opportunity to increase the share price because at $70-80 they were most likely 5x+ oversubscribed. At the end of the day, their role is to maximise the money raised at IPO, not to please the market. Lots of people also blame private investors, but at the end of the day they all took a huge financial risk and got rewarded. No one would have been sorry for WB if he had lost his money (he still needs to exit at some point though).

If anything, you could argue that bankers actually did not due their job well as they did not anticipate how hot the IPO would be and should have priced it way higher.
Xelorpepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2020, 11:06 PM   #4689
-dustin
2024 Pledge Member

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/18/tech/...rce/index.html

Curious to see how this plays out for FSLY.
Old 18 September 2020, 11:22 PM   #4690
HippoPAPAmus
"TRF" Member

Quote:
https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/18/tech/...rce/index.html

Curious to see how this plays out for FSLY.

Down 3% in pre-market. I hoped ORCL and Trump donor Ellison would be enough to push the deal though.

HippoPAPAmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2020, 11:46 PM   #4691
JParm
2024 Pledge Member

Broke my "not investing in new IPOs" rule and initiated a small position in AMWL. It hasn't runup like crazy when compared with other IPOs, and I do see value in the company here.

Shifted some money from TDOC and moved into AMWL to hedge; I consult in the healthcare field and do believe that these two are the major players in Telehealth...doesn't hurt to own both.
Old 19 September 2020, 12:21 AM   #4692
logo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Broke my "not investing in new IPOs" rule and initiated a small position in AMWL. It hasn't runup like crazy when compared with other IPOs, and I do see value in the company here.

Shifted some money from TDOC and moved into AMWL to hedge; I consult in the healthcare field and do believe that these two are the major players in Telehealth...doesn't hurt to own both.
Been contemplating AMWL also. Think I’ll hold out a bit, but can’t argue getting in now now as well. I think TDOC and AMWL differ enough that the coexistence/coin vestment makes sense - a bit more in-hospital technology focus for AMWL. I’m still not convinced either of these will be the Google-equivalent of healthcare, but it’s the best we’ve got right now.

Out of interest, may I ask what areas you consult in for healthcare? As I’ve mentioned before, I work in healthcare/technology as well, so just curious :)
logo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2020, 12:42 AM   #4693
JParm
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by logo View Post
Been contemplating AMWL also. Think I’ll hold out a bit, but can’t argue getting in now now as well. I think TDOC and AMWL differ enough that the coexistence/coin vestment makes sense - a bit more in-hospital technology focus for AMWL. I’m still not convinced either of these will be the Google-equivalent of healthcare, but it’s the best we’ve got right now.

Out of interest, may I ask what areas you consult in for healthcare? As I’ve mentioned before, I work in healthcare/technology as well, so just curious :)
I'll PM you.
Old 19 September 2020, 02:47 AM   #4694
-dustin
2024 Pledge Member

I’ve gotten rid of most of my stops, but still have one in place for AAPL. And it’s getting close to hitting. Not really sure what I want to do here. I suspect if it’s gonna hit, it’ll do it here in the next hour.
Old 19 September 2020, 02:59 AM   #4695
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
Quote:
I’ve gotten rid of most of my stops, but still have one in place for AAPL. And it’s getting close to hitting. Not really sure what I want to do here. I suspect if it’s gonna hit, it’ll do it here in the next hour.
Selling off into the Quad witch, I was watching both TSLA and AAPL post split. I grabbed my TSLA which is up nicely. If AAPL dips below 100, I am a buyer.

This is typical for AAPL, everyone loves to hate this company, they never deliver enough some people say. And yet the stock is up 1021% with two splits over the last 10 years and they just keep growing.

Also watching the downgrades of HD and LOW, according to Oppenheimer
Quote:
the market is underestimating the odds of a post-virus slowdown in sales growth.
I am really puzzled that they think there will be a slowdown in growth? Why? people will suddenly travel, spend money on clothes and restaurants? You can make the argument that they stocks have had a good run and need to cool, however, that just translates into a buying opportunity for me. I feel the same way about AMZN as well as it is coming off its highs with no signs that the business is slowing.

I want to be a buyer soon of AAPL, HD, AMZN and maybe LOW if we get some downside pressure here. I am watching the close and into next week, there may be some chances here.
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2020, 03:01 AM   #4696
avidflyer
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beshannon View Post
Selling off into the Quad witch, I was watching both TSLA and AAPL post split. I grabbed my TSLA which is up nicely. If AAPL dips below 100, I am a buyer.

This is typical for AAPL, everyone loves to hate this company, they never deliver enough some people say. And yet the stock is up 1021% with two splits over the last 10 years and they just keep growing.
Thinking the same...I’d like to add at $100
avidflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2020, 07:32 AM   #4697
-dustin
2024 Pledge Member

another day of marginal losses (<1%) lead by AAPL and PENN. Big loser for the week being AAPL, which, admittedly, I wasn't expecting given the Tuesday event. I guess remnants of sell-off + lack of iPhone 12 (despite clear indications it would not make a debut) kept it from leveling off. We'll see what happens. Never hit my stop.
Old 19 September 2020, 07:38 AM   #4698
RyanO
"TRF" Member

SP 3000 held today, we’ll see what next week brings. Seems we keep testing support here. Anyone think we bounce from here?

I think if the market breaks down at this level, next stop may much lower.

Old 20 September 2020, 08:20 AM   #4699
-dustin
2024 Pledge Member

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/19/tech/...val/index.html

Well, FSLY didn’t really react to news Friday. We’ll see what happens Monday.
Old 20 September 2020, 03:30 PM   #4700
HippoPAPAmus
"TRF" Member

Quote:
https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/19/tech/...val/index.html

Well, FSLY didn’t really react to news Friday. We’ll see what happens Monday.

HippoPAPAmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2020, 12:14 AM   #4701
RyanO
"TRF" Member

Tik Tok deal has been approved, thinking this may (hopefully) improve market sentiment short term

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/19/trum...n-concept.html
Old 21 September 2020, 08:30 PM   #4702
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanO View Post
Tik Tok deal has been approved, thinking this may (hopefully) improve market sentiment short term

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/19/trum...n-concept.html
Other events (taboo topic) are in control of the markets.

I am getting very defensive here. I will post more when I have a chance to go over the information.

Nikola, Tesla, Dow Futures, TikTok - 5 Things You Must Know Monday

https://www.thestreet.com/markets/5-...-monday-092120
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
Old 21 September 2020, 09:14 PM   #4703
avidflyer
2024 Pledge Member

As much as a political play, I think the Covid numbers have a lot to do with it. Europe may go back on lock down with almost 20,000 new cases just this weekend if the numbers are correct.
avidflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2020, 10:02 PM   #4704
JParm
2024 Pledge Member

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/21/sp-5...watch-now.html

Turning out to be the worst September since 2011.

Sector rotation seems to be the consensus and while picking up some value names might not be a bad idea, I am still staying very long (if not completely) in tech.

Still hard for me, as a growth investor not looking for dividends, to look at some of these cyclicals and say "this is good value and will rise over the next year" with A.) still so many unknowns with COVID / the economic bounce-back and B.) the opportunity to deploy that money elsewhere in tech.
Old 21 September 2020, 11:47 PM   #4705
RyanO
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Other events (taboo topic) are in control of the markets.

I am getting very defensive here. I will post more when I have a chance to go over the information.

Nikola, Tesla, Dow Futures, TikTok - 5 Things You Must Know Monday

https://www.thestreet.com/markets/5-...-monday-092120
Understood. Do you think we should be raising cash here? Becoming concerned that this could get much uglier. I'm no expert, but the technicals appear to be breaking down and I don't like that the 200 ma uptrend is being broken.
Old 22 September 2020, 12:01 AM   #4706
-dustin
2024 Pledge Member

Hit the stop with some of my AAPL. Was in the process of lowering it, as I don't want it to hit overnight without chance of early morning recovery, when the ol' Monday morning anti-virus software scan tanked my computer. C'est la vie. I blame my IT guy.
Old 22 September 2020, 12:01 AM   #4707
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanO View Post
Understood. Do you think we should be raising cash here? Becoming concerned that this could get much uglier. I'm no expert, but the technicals appear to be breaking down and I don't like that the 200 ma uptrend is being broken.
I am raising cash and closing trades.

I still have long term core holdings but I am not buying anything here.

Everyone should look at the bigger picture and decide what their risk tolerance is and how to protect gains and how to preserve capital.

Good luck everyone
Old 22 September 2020, 12:11 AM   #4708
JParm
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I am raising cash and closing trades.

I still have long term core holding but I am not buying anything here.

Everyone should look at the bigger picture and decide what their risk tolerance is and how to protect gains and how to preserve capital.

Good luck everyone
I'm on the opposite end of Brian here.

I'm a bit riskier than most; will be staying invested here and still looking looking to add to my tech names on more weakness. I plan on riding the wave - but again, I'm mainly in growth and am ok with the big swings down; would hate to miss the swings up.

This is equal parts due to age (long time horizon), taxes and my bullish nature.
Old 22 September 2020, 12:31 AM   #4709
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I'm on the opposite end of Brian here.

I'm a bit riskier than most; will be staying invested here and still looking looking to add to my tech names on more weakness. I plan on riding the wave - but again, I'm mainly in growth and am ok with the big swings down; would hate to miss the swings up.

This is equal parts due to age (long time horizon), taxes and my bullish nature.
So you’re firm in your belief that there’s still lots of upward momentum left in the tank for tech (from mentioning riding the wave)? As a lot I’m speaking to think we might have recently hit a pivot point and it’s already capped for quite a long time.

Asking your serious opinion, not questioning your logic
dmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2020, 12:58 AM   #4710
-dustin
2024 Pledge Member

TSLA had a seemingly random tank of about 10% about 30mins ago. Can't find anything that would've sparked that.