The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 8 July 2020, 05:11 AM   #1
GerardoG
Banned

Watch: ALL of them
Watch industry brings more smiles and incredible moments. THANK YOU!!!!!!

I do hope that everyone reading is safe at home; as well as your families. Strange times we are living indeed.

Following this unique hobby never stops bringing surprises, so sharing one of the 'stay at home' stories with the TRF community.

As some of you know,I had received a few months ago an unexpected FedEx package with the incredible Casio GWM5610 (still do not know who to thank). A fantastic timepiece with the original G Shock design but nicely equipped with the latest tech, such as solar power and atomic-clock sync. It is a watch that has been part of my stay at home life, and my first G Shock.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20200605_1538302.jpg (116.3 KB, 196 views)
GerardoG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 July 2020, 05:15 AM   #2
GerardoG
Banned

While talking to different brands as part of my weekly routine, there was interest from one of them to work on an interview for the spanish speaking community. The idea was to bring together a great friend with an amazing audience in this market and talk watches for a few minutes. Calls and e-mails were exchanged, and a date was set. The place: Zoom, as we would record for further editing.

We spoke about general ideas, coordinated with PR departments and made sure everything was in place.

The night before, I could not sleep at all; this would be a fantastic day full of laughs and talking about one of my favorite hobbies with the Senior Manager of the company! A few minutes talking watches.....priceless!!!!!!
Old 8 July 2020, 05:22 AM   #3
GerardoG
Banned

The day came, and I did something unexpected: I shaved! It had been days....wait....maybe weeks....or months? I can not tell. Anyhow, my family was grateful for this -back to no shave as I type-; prepared a big cup of coffee and logged in to do video and audio tests.

The Senior Manager and the PR staff logged in right on time (no wonder....watch company!!!!) and we started talking watches 'for a few minutes'.

The conversation was delightful. Stories, experiences, a few secret facts...we just laughed and enjoyed the taping, producing over 4 hours of material! Everyone was having a great time!!! We were supposed to tape for an hour max.

Taping ended and material started edition, which produced an amazing 50ish minute video (spanish) which was immediately shared with a community of 161,000 watch aficionados en español; we just had a blast and the interview is both entertaining and informative.
Old 8 July 2020, 05:22 AM   #4
GerardoG
Banned

A few days later, FedEx shows up. I was not expecting anything, but there was a package for me....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20200623_2131064.jpg (92.0 KB, 174 views)
Old 8 July 2020, 05:23 AM   #5
GerardoG
Banned

In it, a thank you note from my great friends at Casio....as well as a box
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20200623_2131372.jpg (117.2 KB, 171 views)
Old 8 July 2020, 05:26 AM   #6
GerardoG
Banned

In it, the new Casio G Shock GBD-H1000. Simply put, an impressive watch with GPS, heart monitor, altimeter, thermometer, solar power, bluetooth connectivity, training programming, dual time zones.....and the list goes on and on and on. Even as this is a big watch, it only weighs 69 grams (2.1 oz). We had spoken about this in the recording; I am shocked!

A BIG THANK YOU to the amazing staff at Casio
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20200623_2133146.jpg (122.1 KB, 171 views)
Old 8 July 2020, 05:30 AM   #7
GerardoG
Banned

I love watches. Mechanical had always been in my mind but Casio had always intrigued me. As we spoke about them, the company, story and what they are doing, I was AMAZED. No wonder why many collectors have a Casio, as they do not compete -and do not intend to- with brands such as Rolex, AP, Breguet, Lange. Casio has a niche of their own. They are manufacturing amazing timepieces for incredible prices; starting at $6us and going up to 4 digit figures.

Well, the GBD-H1000 is a terrific 'end of the world' watch So far, it has performed flawlessly with wine and food!!!!!

Thank you again CASIO; and thank you, TRF for reading.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20200625_1325059.jpg (95.7 KB, 166 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20200625_1326521.jpg (118.0 KB, 166 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20200626_1525513.jpg (120.6 KB, 167 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20200627_1522485.jpg (150.2 KB, 166 views)
Old 8 July 2020, 05:36 AM   #8
sco
"TRF" Member

Watch: Subc AT 8500 CSO
Nice, I've had a G shock for at least 12 or 13 years. Use it for everything including swimming all over the world.

I also have a Pathfinder which I put on a nato, and that is a fantastic piece as well. It looks like what you received is the successor. Enjoy!
sco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 July 2020, 06:14 AM   #9
Burlington
"TRF" Member

I like my little Casio ! Virtually indestructible. Great tech for the price.

― Winston S. Churchill
Burlington is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8 July 2020, 07:03 AM   #10
GerardoG
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sco View Post
Nice, I've had a G shock for at least 12 or 13 years. Use it for everything including swimming all over the world.

I also have a Pathfinder which I put on a nato, and that is a fantastic piece as well. It looks like what you received is the successor. Enjoy!
Fantastic pieces indeed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burlington View Post
I like my little Casio ! Virtually indestructible. Great tech for the price.
AGREE!
Old 8 July 2020, 07:08 AM   #11
GerardoG
Banned

...some fun facts from our conversation:

-Casio has different product lines: Casio, G Shock, Edifice

-Casio's entry level watch is the F-91W (shown on first picture)

-Casio can not share how many watches they make, but, just ONE of their reps sells one MILLION F-91W per year. That is over 2,700 watches a DAY, 365 days/year.

-Casio's most popular brand in the US is G-Shock. Their introduction to the market in 1980's was a first! (ad here: https://youtu.be/uOqgyHw0ttQ )

-Casio/Edifice sponsor a Formula 1 team: Scuderia Alpha Tauri

-Some Edifice products for the F1 team have pre-programmed all F1 tracks. As they are GPS connected, the driver does not need to push any start/stop buttons to measure time and speed