The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 5 December 2018, 07:05 AM   #1
btinl
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: on my wrist
Alfasin - poor communication, misrepresented item

I purchased a 93150 bracelet from Derik Q. (Alfasin). It was described as "unpolished", but when received, the clasp sides had been brushed. Also, I did not realize this beforehand, but he had made a post on TRF questioning the authenticity of the clasp. Derik was completely unresponsive after the sale. He did not respond to PMs or emails. He had not signed into TRF for several months, so I waited until now to leave feedback to give him a chance to respond. (He signed in a few days ago.)
btinl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 December 2018, 12:50 AM   #2
TimeToGo
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Sorry to hear this.
Did you purchase it with the fake extension link?

It is issues like this that should get people banned...
Did you report it to the Mods?
TimeToGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 December 2018, 02:14 AM   #3
Knappo 1307

Watch: Sea Dweller
Do you have a link to the FS ad?
Knappo 1307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 December 2018, 06:14 AM   #4
CorradoBrit
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knappo 1307 View Post
Do you have a link to the FS ad?
Gotta be this one
https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=618999

In all fairness the ad does say 'appears unpolished'. Caveat emptor
CorradoBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 December 2018, 06:02 AM   #5
SMD
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP
Thanks for posting this and sorry for the experience. I actually bought your PAM 190 so I trust your characterization of this completely. Another member goes to my ignore list.
SMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 December 2018, 09:53 AM   #6
Alfasin
"TRF" Member

Oh sorry, I had a death in my family and was out of the country for well over a month; hence, my not logging in this forum or any forum for that matter. But I guess I should have dropped everything to receive this bracelet back because of brush sides of a clasp that could have easily been polished back. After 11 years on this forum and countless transactions, I can assure you I was never on a plan to take you for a ride. Aside from the brushed sides (which I never noticed), the bracelet was everything I described. Had you asked me for a picture, I would probably have noticed myself. Oh well, I guess after my run here this is what it all comes down to. If I'm banned for this small oversight, than so be it. You really got a horrible deal, a tight 93150 w/ end pieces from 1982 for $1000. Wow. Mods, please feel free to ban me I guess.

- 74 6283 Sigma Big Red
- 70 1680 Tropical Red Sub
- 89 5513 Glossy Dial
Alfasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 December 2018, 10:15 AM   #7
btinl
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: on my wrist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfasin View Post
Oh sorry, I had a death in my family and was out of the country for well over a month; hence, my not logging in this forum or any forum for that matter. But I guess I should have dropped everything to receive this bracelet back because of brush sides of a clasp that could have easily been polished back. After 11 years on this forum and countless transactions, I can assure you I was never on a plan to take you for a ride. Aside from the brushed sides (which I never noticed), the bracelet was everything I described. Had you asked me for a picture, I would probably have noticed myself. Oh well, I guess after my run here this is what it all comes down to. If I'm banned for this small oversight, than so be it. You really got a horrible deal, a tight 93150 w/ end pieces from 1982 for $1000. Wow. Mods, please feel free to ban me I guess.
Derik, I’m sorry to hear about the loss in your family.

To be fair, this transaction occurred in August, and I waited until December to post this. You did not respond to me until this was posted.
btinl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 December 2018, 10:19 AM   #8
Andad

Watch: A few.
Hadn't this bracelet been previously sold and returned?

Just wondering why?

I see you are also wanting to by a flat 4 16610LV bezel and a LV press kit - how is that hunt going??

Andad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 December 2018, 03:35 PM   #9
Atone
"TRF" Member

Watch: TinTin!
Quote:
Hmmmm don’t respond to the guy until he puts you on blast and then pull the death in the family card? When my dad died and I had pending deals I said “sorry my father has just passed, I’ll get back on top of this when things settle down”. Your response is way too defensive. You weren’t on here or checking emails for 4 months? Stop it man, just own it and make it right.
Atone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2018, 12:21 AM   #10
SMD
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP
Quote:
This response tells me all I need to know.
SMD is offline   Reply With Quote