The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 31 March 2017, 04:08 AM   #1
sentinel
"TRF" Member

Guardian of time?

Experiences with this fairly new UK based dealer?
Thinking of doing a purchase via chrono24.
Thanks.
sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2017, 09:19 PM   #2
mikebike
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentinel View Post
Experiences with this fairly new UK based dealer?
Thinking of doing a purchase via chrono24.
Thanks.
Dito. Any experiences?
mikebike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2017, 06:39 AM   #3
jeanpaul
"TRF" Member

Hi
Did you deal with them?

They have a good price for a watch I want...
jeanpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2017, 04:32 AM   #4
Roundmountain
"TRF" Member

Don't buy watches from guardian of time in london

DON'T BUY FROM " GUARDIAN OF TIME "

HI

We all know that there are a lot of weird people out there in the big wide world.

But I think this dealer, David, at Guardian of Time in London takes the price.

I found him on Chrono24 and bought a steel Rolex from him yesterday and as he send me the wrong box for this type of Rolex and as I didn't get the price Tag ande the Rolex Tag that they had promised, I e-mailed him and wanted him to correct his misstake/negligence. I attach the whole conversation we had on email, I understand if you don't have the energy reading all, but maybe it could be to some help for those who are thinking of buying from him. He has good prices, but the price isn't everything, is it .... I probably should have stopped the conversation with him earlier, but it was very interesting to see how he handle this complaints, which you can say he didn't!

Enjoy your reading and please be aware of this seller

Sent: 17 May 2017 18:17:32
To: Guardian Of Time
Hi David
The watch has now arrived, and it’s very nice. That was very quick - thanks!
Unfortunately it was the wrong box (and outer box)! It should be the smallest size as it is on all stainless steel models, but it came with the medium one that is for the two tone and gold models.
It was also missing the plastic Rolex tag and the plastic price tag!
How will we fix this? Can you send me the right box and the tags (if you don’t have the price tag, I can live without that, but I really want the Rolex tag)!? And then I just return the wrong one!?
Best regards

17 maj 2017 kl. 18:27 skrev Guardian Of Time
Hi Mr
Great to hear that you have received the watch smoothly.
I am very sorry about the tags. The watch has been in the safe for a long time and since its not in the office, we have no way of double checking the tags. Normally, 99% of our watches are coming with their tags and stickers on. Its very rare that it will not come with it. Again, sorry about that.
Rolex was using this size of boxes (the one that you have received) for these models at that year. Recently, Rolex decided to use the smallest size of Rolex box to use with steel models. So the size of the box you have received is correct.
Kind Regards
David

Sent: 17 May 2017 19:14:26
Hi David
If I buy a new unworn watch I expect it to be complete, so I must ask you please to complete the set with at least the Rolex tag!
And about the box, it's always been the small boxes for steel versions - I know for own experience and if you Google it, everything confirm this!
I have a big collection of Rolex watches and the ones I'm going to keep I want they to be complete and correct, so if you can't help me with this I have to sent it back
Hope you understand, and let me know if you can make this right or how I will make the return
Best regards

17 maj 2017 kl. 21:27 skrev Guardian Of Time
Hi
We can try to find a Rolex tag for you but the box size is correct. Google is not a good source of correct information.
If you would like to return the watch, you should not even touch it, use it, remove the stickers or any kind of modification. Otherwise, we cannot accept a return.
Have you modified the watch?
Kind Regards
David

Sent: 17 May 2017 21:43:36
It's exactly as I got it, with plastic on it and so on
I have a Submariner and an Explorer bought from a Swedish AD 2015 with the small box and I also know that it is the one it should be on every steel model, so I go for the return option!
Which address do you want me to return it to - I saw that it was sent from Spain but I guess you want it to England!?
Please give me the right address and I will manage the return tomorrow
I will send you my bank account, bank and so on later today!
Best regards

17 maj 2017 kl. 21:50 skrev Guardian Of Time
Hi
I will take the information from our logistics department tomorrow and let you know the delivery address. We might want to have it to our London Vault.
There will be some steps to follow:
1- You would need to send the watch with full insurance to us.
2- The watch needs to be sent to the watchmaker to check if there is any modification to the watch.
These costs will belong to you if you would like to return the watch.
Kind Regards
David

Sent: 17 May 2017 22:02:44
How much and why should I pay for your failure? Have never heard about a free return with costs!?
Regards

17 maj 2017 kl. 22:15 skrev Guardian Of Time
Hi
We insist that the box is correct, not a failure. Your previous purchases from the same year does not really mean that those boxes were from 2015 or even those watches were from 2015. They can be from a different production year with a certificate year as 2015.
We do not offer free returns due to the condition of the watches we are selling. They are unworn and would be used after a return. In that case, we cannot sell them back as "unworn" again to another customer.
As you can see the price level we are offering, we do not have enough margin, enough buffer to provide you all these services for free. You have to understand from our point of view as well. We cannot offer you the conditions of an Authorized Dealer with these price levels.
The watch you have also received is fine. Certificate as well the same.
Everything should be fine. The only missing thing is a "plastic tag".
We can either accept a return by following the steps we have mentioned or we can send you a plastic tag.
Please let us know how you would like to proceed.
Kind Regards
David

Sent: 17 May 2017 22:46:35
I'm really surprised about your way handling complaints - I've made a return to another company in UK, Watchfinder, and even if they hadn't done anything wrong, they were very correct and service minded even if it was a return!
I guess they have the same struggle with margins as you have, but they were so professional and helpful about the return and made the payback quick and easy!
We are many Swedes trading watches and we haven't had any bad experiences about buying from you until now, but I now that many of us are talking about your good prices - but price isn't everything for most of us .....
I know what box it should be - at least that they have always had the small ones to the steel versions since that changed to this box model!
As you cant deliver the watch complete I want to return it and I will of course pay the delivery back to you, but nothing more ....
It feels really insecure after this conversation sending the watch back and waiting for my money to return, but I hope you will make a quick payback and don't charge me for any costs more than my own shipping costs to you!?
I'll let you know my bank account tomorrow when you have given me the return address!
Regards

17 maj 2017 kl. 23:23 skrev Guardian Of Time
Hi
The company you have explained about your previous return experience, WatchFinder, has 4-5 boutiques all over UK and they have more than 75 employees + their prices are higher than our prices. So you are expecting us to provide you a red carpet and champagne service but at the same time you are not willing to pay for it. It is not a good comparison.
We do not know you and since you have made another return to WatchFinder even though there was not a problem with the watch (as you said), this makes us feel suspicious about you. We would not know if you have made any modifications to the watch.
We can accept the return back but you should bare all the costs regarding return shipment (with full insurance) and watchmaker's inspection costs.
Kind Regards
David

Sent: 18 May 2017 00:00:12
I'm not expecting red carpet and champagne, just normal civility and what you should expect from any dealer, no matter what kind of business or how small or big it is ....
Very interesting and revealing answer - really a company you want to make business with .... or not!
I'm very sorry that you send me the wrong box and that all the tags were missing. I should probably have known better when I buy a new and unworn watch from you - my mistake obviously!
You have really convinced me that sending the watch back is far too risky and nothing you should do when you're doing business with your company, so I just have to accept that I have got tricked and just let it be....
Thanks

18 maj 2017 kl. 11:33 skrev Guardian Of Time
Hi
Once again, you have not got tricked. We are selling 50 watches per week and we never had an issue like this neither we had a customer like you.
Selling around 200 watches per month AND NOT EVEN 1 RETURN!
Did you receive a wrong watch? NO
Did you receive a wrong certificate? NO
Did you receive a wrong box? NO
Is your watch original? YES
Is your watch's serial number match with the certificate? YES
WHAT IS MISSING?
"A PLASTIC TAG"
I WRITE AGAIN:
A PLASTIC TAG
SO YOU GOT TRICKED BY A PLASTIC TAG RIGHT?
We are emailing Chrono24 right now and your name will be blacklisted from the system.
Since you are buying watches from different dealers and then return them ALTHOUGH THERE IS NO PROBLEM WITH THEM (WATCHFINDER), YOU SHOULD BE DOING SOMETHING TO THE WATCHES!!!!!!
I will personally provide your name to the forums and related platform for the other dealers and private persons to be careful.
What you think as a correct information (box size) DOES NOT MAKE THE OTHER COMPANY (US) BAD!
BLACKLISTED!

Datum: 18 maj 2017 12:24:18 CEST
Till: Guardian Of Time
Man, you are really stupid .......
Roundmountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2017, 05:40 PM   #5
dadonn2
"TRF" Member

I'm siding with Guardian of Time on this.
dadonn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2017, 06:03 PM   #6
MonBK
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadonn2 View Post
Of course.

A buyer that complains about a wrong box when he in fact received a box that is appropriate for this watch.
The OP's finishing e-mail really describes his character.

If you read this Guardian of Time please PM me his name so I can add him to my blacklist and also notify everyone else.
MonBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2017, 09:05 PM   #7
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2024 Patron

Watch: SEIKO
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadonn2 View Post
Me too.
Old Expat Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2017, 05:55 AM   #8
MonBK
Banned

Is Guardian of Time a member here?
Old 20 May 2017, 07:41 AM   #9
Roundmountain
"TRF" Member

In my world you should have what you order, everything else is not excepted. It doesn't matter what it is and what kind of business you are in .....

Even if you have a different opinion, I will say he has a very aggressive and not likable manners;
1) In the beginning he makes no effort in trying to solve it, just hoping I shall drop it
2) Then he starts getting rude and insinuate that I have made some modifications to the watch
3) And then he ends up with threats about spreading my name to forums and related platforms

Well, that's not the kind of person I want to make deals with, but we all are different .....
Old 20 May 2017, 08:29 AM   #10
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2024 Patron

Watch: SEIKO
Some authorised dealers keep the inventory tag and give a medium size box.

Seriously. Life's too short.
Old Expat Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2017, 10:29 PM   #11
Abdullah71601
Banned

Watch: ing da Bears
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roundmountain View Post
In my world you should have what you order, everything else is not excepted. It doesn't matter what it is and what kind of business you are in .....

Even if you have a different opinion, I will say he has a very aggressive and not likable manners;
1) In the beginning he makes no effort in trying to solve it, just hoping I shall drop it
2) Then he starts getting rude and insinuate that I have made some modifications to the watch
3) And then he ends up with threats about spreading my name to forums and related platforms

Well, that's not the kind of person I want to make deals with, but we all are different .....
You're own posts indict you as a bad buyer. I would tell friends to avoid you too.
Abdullah71601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2017, 12:39 AM   #12
Knappo 1307
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sea Dweller
Quote:

You should stop buying online, you seem to waste peoples time. Make your purchases in person, and save everyone the grief....
Knappo 1307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2017, 03:05 AM   #13
Roundmountain
"TRF" Member

I've made over fifty buys from Chrono24 through out the years and it's really a treasure for watch enthusiasts - especially if you are looking for vintage watches. I've never had a bad experience before this one, and believe me, I couldn't care less about this.

I think there will be more said about this Guardian of Time in the future ....

Take care //
Old 23 May 2017, 03:35 AM   #14
MonBK
Banned

Quote:
I've made over fifty buys from Chrono24 through out the years and it's really a treasure for watch enthusiasts - especially if you are looking for vintage watches. I've never had a bad experience before this one, and believe me, I couldn't care less about this.

I think there will be more said about this Guardian of Time in the future ....

Take care //
What you fail to understand is that you received the correct box for your watch.
Old 23 May 2017, 06:23 AM   #15
MonBK
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonBK View Post
Is Guardian of Time a member here?
I just noticed he is and was reading this thread without commenting?
Old 25 May 2017, 07:05 PM   #16
joli160
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
Reading this I would buy from Guardian of Time
Old 27 May 2017, 06:10 AM   #17
dadonn2
"TRF" Member

I actually emailed them to inquire on something and mentioned this thread. They replied, "Unfortunately we had a bad experience with this customer from Sweden and we will soon reveal his name on "rolexforums" for other users/dealers to be careful and stay away from this person."

That said, they may have noted that their reputation was not tarnished in any way and opted to refrain from getting involved.
dadonn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2017, 06:49 PM   #18
davidtheguardian
"TRF" Member

Hi Everyone,

David here from Guardian Of Time.

I actually created a user with a nickname "Guardian Of Time" just to leave a comment here but i guess its not permitted to do so due to the forum rules. I did not get the confirmation link by email.

If we come to the point:

We had a bad transaction and sad situation with this person from Sweden. I guess i do not have to explain everything from the beginning as he already copy/pasted our conversation over here.

His name is STEFAN RUNDBERG from Sweden. In case someone gets fooled by this person, i have his home and work address and his telephone number as well but i can only provide these details by a police report of a reported case.

He mentioned as he purchased a watch from another dealer in London and returned it back even though there was no problem with it. These are all his words.

So be careful with this name.
davidtheguardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2017, 07:05 PM   #19
MonBK
Banned

Thanks David.
Old 3 October 2017, 11:23 AM   #20
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Good thread.
AK797 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3 October 2017, 09:19 PM   #21
Wildy
"TRF" Member

Thanks David. From what I have read, you are justified in your response.
Old 5 October 2017, 03:48 AM   #22
davidtheguardian
"TRF" Member

Thanks for the support guys.

It is sad what happened with above customer. Sometimes incidents happen in every business but we try our best for a good customer service.

Guardian Of Time tries to serve all customers in the same level no matter what watch they are purchasing from us.

We are establishing even further. Guardian Of Time is opening a showroom in Mayfair, London and some of the watches will be present at the showroom.

TRF customers will be getting a free espresso from us. :)
Old 15 October 2017, 08:48 PM   #23
davidtheguardian
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidtheguardian View Post
Thanks for the support guys.

It is sad what happened with above customer. Sometimes incidents happen in every business but we try our best for a good customer service.

Guardian Of Time tries to serve all customers in the same level no matter what watch they are purchasing from us.

We are establishing even further. Guardian Of Time is opening a showroom in Mayfair, London and some of the watches will be present at the showroom.

TRF customers will be getting a free espresso from us. :)
Sorry, i meant TRF users. :)
Old 22 May 2018, 02:05 AM   #24
Speedy57
Banned

Hi David at Guardian of Time.
How are you able to sell an Omega 57 Speedmaster for -35% off EU price including Chrono24 fee?
Are you based in UK also please?
Thanks
Speedy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2018, 03:33 AM   #25
joli160
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by joli160 View Post
Reading this I would buy from Guardian of Time
And nearly a year later I did, bought my RG SkyD from them. Stellar experience, polite and friendly communication, good price and fast secure shipping.
Deal with confidence
Old 22 May 2018, 07:15 AM   #26
Speedy57
Banned

Guardian of Time

Guardian of Time
Can you reply please?
How are you able to offer such good prices including selling fees and pay the TAX due on these sales?
You are offering-39% on some models that have cost of -40%?
Are you smuggling these watches and avoiding TAX?
Can you please explain to everyone here. Why are you registered at a PO box shop in London?
Thank you
Old 22 May 2018, 08:03 AM   #27
davidtheguardian
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy57 View Post
Guardian of Time
Can you reply please?
How are you able to offer such good prices including selling fees and pay the TAX due on these sales?
You are offering-39% on some models that have cost of -40%?
Are you smuggling these watches and avoiding TAX?
Can you please explain to everyone here. Why are you registered at a PO box shop in London?
Thank you
Hi Speedy57,

I think you have contacted us through our email today and we have explained you why we are able to provide competitive prices to the market.

There is no smuggling or anything like that. Don't watch too much movies.

It's company's decision to register where ever it wants. I don't think this needs an explanation unless you have other intentions towards our company. Not a nice way to point us this way.
Old 22 May 2018, 08:06 AM   #28
davidtheguardian
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy57 View Post
Hi David at Guardian of Time.
How are you able to sell an Omega 57 Speedmaster for -35% off EU price including Chrono24 fee?
Are you based in UK also please?
Thanks
What a coincidence.

Joined to TRF today...sent 2 posts and they are all about Guardian Of Time. I didn't know we were that popular!
Old 22 May 2018, 08:08 AM   #29
davidtheguardian
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joli160 View Post
And nearly a year later I did, bought my RG SkyD from them. Stellar experience, polite and friendly communication, good price and fast secure shipping.
Deal with confidence
Very kind of you. It was a pleasure for us.
Old 22 May 2018, 04:56 PM   #30
Speedy57
Banned

Guardian of Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidtheguardian View Post
Hi Speedy57,

I think you have contacted us through our email today and we have explained you why we are able to provide competitive prices to the market.

There is no smuggling or anything like that. Don't watch too much movies.

It's company's decision to register where ever it wants. I don't think this needs an explanation unless you have other intentions towards our company. Not a nice way to point us this way.
But i know that Omega and Tag and Others have a 40% margin. How can you offer -39% on standard models and pay the AD a margin and keep a margin for yourself and pay Chrono24 fee? If you are paying the tax then you will be making a loss. I have friend who is AD and he says your prices not possible unless you are avoiding duty. And why can’t you give a Tax free invoice for export? You say in your own words you buy direct from AD who will all be VAT registered. Can you please explain? You don’t really have a UK address. You have a mail box in a shop in London. I’m not claiming to be some angel but i think you should explain how you can sell at prices which will be at a loss. Are we to accept the AD is happy to sell at loss?