The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Grand Seiko & Seiko Discussion Forum

Old 3 September 2023, 04:24 AM   #1
IS2000
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex,PP,AP, PAM
How do you clean GS dress pieces without adding new scratches on high polished area?

I’ve been owning a Cherry Blossom for a year and a half. I regularly cleaned it with WristClean spray, rinsed with distilled water and dried with microfiber clothes. The watch still looks brand new with no micro scratches on zaratsu parts.
Now I’m about to pull a trigger on a dress piece (SBGK007G). The watch is on leather straps with mostly zaratsu polished case. So rinsing with water is out of a question. So do you have any recommendations on how to clean the watch without adding micro scratches on the case? I heard people use lens cleaner wipes on old vintage dress watches, but I’m not sure if those can safely remove debris without scratching the case. I have a 20 years old JLC Reverso that was recently serviced and had case refinished. I wiped the watch after each wear with dampened Selvyt cloth and micro scratches appeared in no time.
IS2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2023, 02:29 AM   #2
IGY
"TRF" Member

I have a GS dress watch: SBGY029.

It is a oily finger smudge magnet, but a sparkly beauty when wiped clean. So far scratch free. I use spectacle lens cleaner spray and a spectacle lens microfibre cloth. And I use Tamiya pointed cotton buds to get into any small gaps. It is on the stock calf skin strap. I obviously don't let the lens cleaner soak into that and wipe it off immediately.
IGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2023, 09:27 PM   #3
IS2000
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex,PP,AP, PAM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IGY View Post
I have a GS dress watch: SBGY029.

It is a oily finger smudge magnet, but a sparkly beauty when wiped clean. So far scratch free. I use spectacle lens cleaner spray and a spectacle lens microfibre cloth. And I use Tamiya pointed cotton buds to get into any small gaps. It is on the stock calf skin strap. I obviously don't let the lens cleaner soak into that and wipe it off immediately.
Thank you for your reply. I just got myself Zeiss lens cleaner spray and their microfiber cloth. Now I just have to get the watch!
IS2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2023, 03:36 AM   #4
Dsmith1974
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD 40
Warm soapy water. A bar of soap, not liquid soap. A cotton swab if you want to avoid getting the leather wet. Micro fibre cloth to dry.

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk
Dsmith1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2023, 03:05 PM   #5
omar-rye
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsmith1974 View Post
Warm soapy water. A bar of soap, not liquid soap. A cotton swab if you want to avoid getting the leather wet. Micro fibre cloth to dry.

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk
Why not liquid soap?
omar-rye is online now   Reply With Quote