The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 30 March 2019, 06:12 AM   #61
believelandcle
"TRF" Member

Watch: Root Beer GMT
Bringing this post back up to the top, got the call today for one. I asked about it like 6 months ago, planned to take a look at it and it sold the day before I went in....funny because it had been on the shelf for 3 months prior.

I'd like to pick one up, but not at 75k. I think 60 would be my target but I'm not sure an NYC dealer would go for that. I pay full retail for everything except I got a 10% discount on a YG YMII. Ideally I can get him to 30% but that seems unrealistic, 25 would make me ecstatic.

The idea of full retail + a SS is interesting, although I'd never wear that SS and would want to sell it. I've already got a WG Steel + Black daytona and with a platona who has time to wear the SS version ?! Now if I can do full retail + an aquanaut then we're in business ;-)
Old 30 March 2019, 10:28 AM   #62
tjs00
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by believelandcle View Post
Bringing this post back up to the top, got the call today for one. I asked about it like 6 months ago, planned to take a look at it and it sold the day before I went in....funny because it had been on the shelf for 3 months prior.

I'd like to pick one up, but not at 75k. I think 60 would be my target but I'm not sure an NYC dealer would go for that. I pay full retail for everything except I got a 10% discount on a YG YMII. Ideally I can get him to 30% but that seems unrealistic, 25 would make me ecstatic.

The idea of full retail + a SS is interesting, although I'd never wear that SS and would want to sell it. I've already got a WG Steel + Black daytona and with a platona who has time to wear the SS version ?! Now if I can do full retail + an aquanaut then we're in business ;-)
Greys and trusted sellers are going at $65K, so you should be able to do better than that since they are obviously marking up from their source...
tjs00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2019, 10:39 AM   #63
bobernet
"TRF" Member

Watch: ALS, AP, PP, Rolex
A year ago, $50k was a good deal BNIB. Today, the market is at $65k.

It’s worth it. Mine gets a lot of wrist time, and it has strong competition (i.e. not the only nice watch in the collection).
bobernet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2019, 11:33 AM   #64
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: What's on my wrist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baselman View Post
Local AD offered 20% off the rrp - what's the best discount any Platona buyers have had I know it's a great deal just need some enabling advice. The box it comes in is huge also not your normal small Rolex box, strikingly beautiful watch and beautiful weight to it it's heavy but oh so comfortable on the wrist. The dial and bezel combination is utterly breathtaking.
Did you get it? That is about what I paid but I also got mine in tax free NH.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=808599
HogwldFLTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2019, 01:02 AM   #65
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: What's on my wrist
Quote:
Originally Posted by believelandcle View Post

As I said in the post above I was able to get mine for $60K in the beginning of December. I also purchased without taxes so all in all it seemed like a good deal. Sorry I didn't catch this was such an old thread. I wish they'd kill this model. It would really help with the value of it!!!

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=808599
HogwldFLTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2019, 04:00 AM   #66
descartes
"TRF" Member

Hard watch to find in ADs these days. I am thinking Rolex had reduced production and may soon discontinue.