The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 18 May 2019, 04:47 AM   #31
DonBateman
Banned

Watch: I like watch
Everyone take your finger and cover up the 9 sub dial in the above pic. Cool looking watch! Is there anyway to "alter it"?
DonBateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2019, 04:57 AM   #32
stevedssd
"TRF" Member

I don't want to like this, sapphire crystal is a shame and the sub dial is questionable. Love the bracelet, new co-axial movement, grey/black dial, case back. In the end it's got me..... 6969 pieces is a lot and the price is high, so I don't think this will be at all difficult to get hold of and doubt it will be targeted by many flippers. I'm "on the list" at an OB who's staff were really knowledgeable and helpful and an AD who originally told me nothing has been announced so can't start a list.........they started the last after I showed then the Omega website. It will be interesting to see how many of these get distributed in September. I'll start saving now
stevedssd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2019, 04:58 AM   #33
stevedssd
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonBateman View Post
Everyone take your finger and cover up the 9 sub dial in the above pic. Cool looking watch! Is there anyway to "alter it"?
stevedssd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2019, 05:06 AM   #34
imperio
"TRF" Member

Watch: this space
9 o clock sub dial... I don't want to be looking at someone's behind everytime I glance at my watch!!

Old 18 May 2019, 05:22 AM   #35
Tavli3
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT II 16760
My contact at the Boutique just texted me. She stated only 75 pieces for the US. I questioned her on that, seems ridiculously low. But when you take into account all the countries it has to go to it's not that ridiculous but still very very low in my opinion. Maybe she's trying to influence me to come in and pay the balance faster.
Tavli3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2019, 05:32 AM   #36
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonBateman View Post
I tend to agree. If they went with the standard 9 o'clock subdial like they did on the gold 50th it would be damn near perfect. But Buzz's ass just ruins it. Dial symmetry is important to me and I just can't look at this without my eyes being drawn off-center by graphic.

Love everything else about it. The caseback is fantastic and the bracelet is perfect.
samson66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2019, 05:42 AM   #37
Passinthru
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLRIDES View Post
For those that were raised in the era, remember vividly the Apollo missions and the national pride connected to this momentous occasion, things like sub dials, movement, color schemes, etc. will not matter. It’s one of those things that can’t be explained if one didn’t experience it.
Exactly!!! But it is still a great looking watch.
Passinthru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2019, 05:44 AM   #38
bonovox
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: your time
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavli3 View Post
My contact at the Boutique just texted me. She stated only 75 pieces for the US. I questioned her on that, seems ridiculously low. But when you take into account all the countries it has to go to it's not that ridiculous but still very very low in my opinion. Maybe she's trying to influence me to come in and pay the balance faster.

Salesmanship (noun):
"The skills and methods used in selling or promoting commercial products."
bonovox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2019, 05:53 AM   #39
Chester01
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610
Im hugely in the minority here, I know. But that bracelet to my eye is not nicer. The flat links look unintegrated. The lugs have a curved quality and i feel the current bracelet matches that better. This new version has the same curves, but then completely flat.
Chester01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2019, 06:07 AM   #40
Skyrider01
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I doubt that's right. I heard from multiple sources that the US allocation was about 10%. So somewhere around 700 pieces.

She probably meant 75 pieces for the Miami area. I got on the list at my AD in Miami right after the Zurich event in March. There are at least 3 of us with deposits at that store alone.

When I spoke to my AD about 3 weeks ago, he said they were not taking any more orders in South Florida as those allocations were all filled. 75 pieces for South Florida makes more sense.
Skyrider01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2019, 06:10 AM   #41
Tavli3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by samson66 View Post
I tend to agree. If they went with the standard 9 o'clock subdial like they did on the gold 50th it would be damn near perfect. But Buzz's ass just ruins it. Dial symmetry is important to me and I just can't look at this without my eyes being drawn off-center by graphic.

Love everything else about it. The caseback is fantastic and the bracelet is perfect.

Wasn't Buzz taking pictures of Armstrong going down the ladder for that monumental first step on the moon?
You would think Omega would put Armstrong stepping onto the lunar surface in the subdial and then the footprint on the back would be perfect follow through/symmetry .
Old 18 May 2019, 06:13 AM   #42
Tavli3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyrider01 View Post
I doubt that's right. I heard from multiple sources that the US allocation was about 10%. So somewhere around 700 pieces.

She probably meant 75 pieces for the Miami area. I got on the list at my AD in Miami right after the Zurich event in March. There are at least 3 of us with deposits at that store alone.

When I spoke to my AD about 3 weeks ago, he said they were not taking any more orders in South Florida as those allocations were all filled. 75 pieces for South Florida makes more sense.
Agree, did you go to the Boutique at Aventura Mall?
Going there later will follow up with what I hear.
Old 18 May 2019, 06:13 AM   #43
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

Wasn't Buzz taking pictures of Armstrong going down the ladder for that monumental first step on the moon?

You would think Omega would put Armstrong stepping onto the lunar surface in the subdial and then the footprint on the back would be perfect follow through/symmetry .
Armstrong wasn't wearing his watch, so Buzz has been the guy ever since.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S10 using Tapatalk
Old 18 May 2019, 06:20 AM   #44
Skyrider01
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Agree, did you go to the Boutique at Aventura Mall?
Going there later will follow up with what I hear.
No, I'm on the list at Tourbillon Boutique in the Design District.
Old 18 May 2019, 06:29 AM   #45
Tavli3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by samson66 View Post
Armstrong wasn't wearing his watch, so Buzz has been the guy ever since.

well that explains it. So cause Neil was forgetful that day we have to live with Buzz's ass on our watches for eternity.
Old 18 May 2019, 06:38 AM   #46
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
well that explains it. So cause Neil was forgetful that day we have to live with Buzz's ass on our watches for eternity.
LOL more or less, that is correct! Buzz was the cooler of the two anyway...

Old 18 May 2019, 06:43 AM   #47
S2000_driver
"TRF" Member

Quote:
It is about 700 pieces. Not 75. I thought that 700 out of 6969 is low. 75
S2000_driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2019, 06:52 AM   #48
RL777
"TRF" Member

Would need to see it in person, photos don't do it any favors though.
RL777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2019, 07:10 AM   #49
BT1985
"TRF" Member

Speedmaster Apollo 11 50th Anniversary - Stainless Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2000_driver View Post
It is about 700 pieces. Not 75. I thought that 700 out of 6969 is low. 75

This is right. Then allotments were broken out regionally from that 700.

Large ADs are hoping to get allocated anywhere from 5-8 pieces total.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BT1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2019, 07:12 AM   #50
DLRIDES
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Me
Quote:

I think the distribution will be the opposite, 90% US and 10% elsewhere !

Last I checked, NASA, the Apollo missions, and the actual landing was NOT an international effort, and was a “competition” between superpowers of the day, .................. you all know who the winner was. The buyers of this watch will be mostly US based.
Old 18 May 2019, 07:14 AM   #51
BT1985
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Last I checked, NASA, the Apollo missions, and the actual landing was NOT an international effort, but a “competition, .................. you all know who the winner was. The buyers of this watch will be mostly US based.

The moon landing was one of, if not the most viewed, live event ever that was internationally televised. This transcended country pride as it was a human achievement. Unless your Russia, then you might still be a little salty....

Old 18 May 2019, 07:20 AM   #52
42itus
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116519LN
Quote:
The manager at my OB told me last night that it is less than 100 for the US. So it goes in line with what you were told. I'm going to sit this one out though. I love Speedmasters and was so looking forward to this one but sadly I wasn't blown away by it.
42itus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2019, 07:24 AM   #53
BT1985
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42itus View Post
The manager at my OB told me last night that it is less than 100 for the US. So it goes in line with what you were told. I'm going to sit this one out though. I love Speedmasters and was so looking forward to this one but sadly I wasn't blown away by it.

They must have meant 100 left to be sold by all OBs in the US. That math just doesn’t add up otherwise.

Old 18 May 2019, 07:32 AM   #54
Skyrider01
"TRF" Member

Quote:
There are 36 Omega Boutiques in the US and another 211 Authorized Dealers, for a total of 247.
So less than 100 pieces amongst all those retailers does not make sense, especially given the fact that there are 6969 pieces total.
Old 18 May 2019, 07:34 AM   #55
42itus
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116519LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by BT1985 View Post
They must have meant 100 left to be sold by all OBs in the US. That math just doesn’t add up otherwise.

Quote:
There are 36 Omega Boutiques in the US and another 211 Authorized Dealers, for a total of 247.
So less than 100 pieces amongst all those retailers does not make sense, especially given the fact that there are 6969 pieces total.
Sorry for not being clear guys. Yes, that's what she meant. That as of last night there were less than 100 remaining allocations available for US customers. I forgot what she said the total allotment was.
42itus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2019, 07:37 AM   #56
MP5
2024 Pledge Member

If it had the caseback as the 9 register this would be the ULTIMATE ULTIMATE Speedy. Looking at Buzz's Butt for the rest of my life does not motivate me to drop 10K
MP5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2019, 07:38 AM   #57
Skyrider01
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Sorry for not being clear guys. Yes, that's what she meant. That as of last night there were less than 100 remaining allocations available for US customers. I forgot what she said the total allotment was.
No problem, that makes more sense! I was told about 3 weeks ago that there were no more allocations in South Florida.
Not long ago, there were rumors that all US allocations were also all sold out. I am sure many spots opened up due to cancellations. All deposits were fully refundable.
Old 18 May 2019, 07:39 AM   #58
MP5
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

Last I checked, NASA, the Apollo missions, and the actual landing was NOT an international effort, and was a “competition” between superpowers of the day, .................. you all know who the winner was. The buyers of this watch will be mostly US based.
The Russians arent goint to part with 10K to look at Buzz's butt? Intersting
MP5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2019, 08:12 AM   #59
_speedmaster_
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP5 View Post
The Russians arent goint to part with 10K to look at Buzz's butt? Intersting
Perhaps Konstantin Chaykin can do a tribute watch to Gagarin...gratuitous butt shot on the subdial is optional.

instagram.com/ct_watch_guy
_speedmaster_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2019, 08:26 AM   #60
srleadjb
"TRF" Member

I think it looks amazing. Love the bracelet.
srleadjb is online now   Reply With Quote