The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 17 September 2020, 08:34 AM   #31
holdingon
"TRF" Member

they are available.. wouldnt pay anything over MSRP but looking at the insane HULK price this is a bargain now at 20K.
holdingon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2020, 08:39 AM   #32
Onikage
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710, 16628
Are these Instagram ready?
ROLEXFANBOY P-Club Member #4
Onikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2020, 08:40 AM   #33
mobster600
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes

Even more the reason to consider the YM. More beautiful, elegant dressy yet still a sports watch......look beyond the prices. You all are too caught up on what’s going up up up. Look at what’s undervalued, might satisfy your itch.
mobster600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2020, 08:47 AM   #34
holdingon
"TRF" Member

if all else fails...there is TUDOR.
Old 17 September 2020, 08:55 AM   #35
Jim Beam
Banned

Watch: 116503
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobster600 View Post

Even more the reason to consider the YM. More beautiful, elegant dressy yet still a sports watch......look beyond the prices. You all are too caught up on what’s going up up up. Look at what’s undervalued, might satisfy your itch.
Jeez that's beautiful. Thanks for posting that, I might have to consider that one very attractive price point too.
Jim Beam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2020, 08:56 AM   #36
Seafox0814
"TRF" Member

Not surprised. When people can't quench their thirst for Pepsi they go to root beer.

Demand for Rolex is so high, it doesn't matter what reference it is...it will sell and supply will not keep up with demand.
Seafox0814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2020, 09:13 AM   #37
holdingon
"TRF" Member

Indeed...ROLEX is the world's ultimate success symbol.
Old 17 September 2020, 10:16 AM   #38
arcampado
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many
I have to agree with what many on here have said already. It’s not a hard watch to get. I’ve passed on it 3 times in the past 12 months at 3 different ADs.
arcampado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2020, 10:43 AM   #39
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 12800ft = 3900m
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchYoSelf View Post
The 126711 CHNR is the first-ever Rolex to feature a black and chocolate dial. I believe it’s also the first-ever rose gold two-toned Rolex.

It’s a significant watch in Rolex’s history and already is a classic. These prices make sense.
YM was first..or possibly the DJ. Both were simultaneous Basel launches that year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drrd View Post
Hardly name calling and seems a reasonable assessment of your post.
I didn't see name calling either....and in a more political correct way...these threads are absolutely ridiculous. Constantly posting prices because you're bored looking at the for sale section doesn't really add value to anything.
Those that are looking for a particular watch know full well what the current price of the watch they want is, retail and whatever silly market value exist...ie anyone looking for a 16610LV knows full well what the going price is, I however don't really care, not interested in that watch.

We all know that the Rolex market today is full of ridiculous fomo, no new updates required. Just my opinion.
Rashid.bk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2020, 10:44 AM   #40
klenboy
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

The CHNR can be had with minimal wait but agreed that they've always had a premium ever since it came out.
klenboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2020, 11:23 AM   #41
JEAJ
"TRF" Member

Watch: 118235
I agree, I’m tired of all this price talk. I understand pricing if you are looking for a particular watch, than by all means shop for the best price possible. If you are ok with grey, fine, but if you want to pay msrp and are willing to wait that’s great as well. I became a TRF because I wanted to enjoy the forum and learn some things I didn’t know. For those of us who truly loves watches and have just a few, I have a sense we want to have fun. There is so much negative, let’s move in a positive direction and make watch watching fun.
JEAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2020, 11:44 AM   #42
holdingon
"TRF" Member

It's an equal watch to the pepsi/batgirl. Pay the extra 5k...its fine you won't loose it.
Old 17 September 2020, 11:51 AM   #43
ricardo-sf
"TRF" Member

I just went to ad to try on the ym tt in rose gold.

Lovely watch, but I was underwhelmed by it's wrist presence.

The dial and the bezel blend together. For some that look is great. . for me it was a no-go.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
ricardo-sf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2020, 03:38 PM   #44
bleighs
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126711 CHNR
Indeed the first time I saw the TT YM was on a woman and it was really stunning. I am not sure if it would look the same on me, but your comment kind of addresses that. I also have some concerns that the dial is a bit shiny hence not very legible in some situations.

The TT CHNR is a great watch. At MSRP it's a no-brainer if you like it. At the current grey prices... well it used to be at that price last year before the corona drop, plus it's still under Daytona and Cermit / Hulk prices today so comparatively "reasonable".

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardo-sf View Post

The dial and the bezel blend together. For some that look is great. . for me it was a no-go.

bleighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2020, 08:14 PM   #45
drrd
"TRF" Member

[
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardo-sf View Post

There’s a black dial variant as well as the sunburst chocolate
drrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2020, 07:15 AM   #46
LDN
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by holdingon View Post
It's an equal watch to the pepsi/batgirl. Pay the extra 5k...its fine you won't loose it.
Definitely should not be paying 5k more for something u can get relatively quickly at most ADs!
LDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2020, 07:28 AM   #47
Oxfordian
"TRF" Member

Watch: 124060 Submariner
Quote:
Originally Posted by myporsche View Post
I think I'm good right here pointing out these ridiculous posts that have nothing to do with enjoying a watch and what used to be a great hobby. I don't think we need daily posts of what one person found when they are searching for prices or to give a random pointless update on grey dealer pricing (i.e "hey look what DavidSW put up today and the ridiculous price").
You know there is an element of truth in what you say, there is a huge amount of speculation on this and other forums, what is going to be the 'next' watch that is going to rocket in price.

Let's talk about the watches and the pleasure of owning them, not whether it is going to make money, we all know that Rolex watches are hot property at the moment and that prices are rising but we don't need to have it mentioned every other thread.

Just my 10c of opinion.

Small Rolex, Omega, Seiko and Oris Collection
Oxfordian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2020, 07:37 AM   #48
McinRolex
"TRF" Member

CHNR is relatively easy to get.
I had 2-3 ADs called me everytime they receive one. No need for ass-kissing any AD for this one.
McinRolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2020, 07:45 AM   #49
myporsche
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex♠Lange
Quote:
Originally Posted by drrd View Post
Hardly name calling and seems a reasonable assessment of your post.

Curious though how does pointing out to the world the current 'insane' high price of grey CHNRs and encouraging everyone to buy one (before they become too popular) help you to acquire one?

Hmmm...happened already?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashid.bk View Post
YM was first..or possibly the DJ. Both were simultaneous Basel launches that year.

I didn't see name calling either....and in a more political correct way...these threads are absolutely ridiculous. Constantly posting prices because you're bored looking at the for sale section doesn't really add value to anything.
Those that are looking for a particular watch know full well what the current price of the watch they want is, retail and whatever silly market value exist...ie anyone looking for a 16610LV knows full well what the going price is, I however don't really care, not interested in that watch.

We all know that the Rolex market today is full of ridiculous fomo, no new updates required. Just my opinion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEAJ View Post
I agree, I’m tired of all this price talk. I understand pricing if you are looking for a particular watch, than by all means shop for the best price possible. If you are ok with grey, fine, but if you want to pay msrp and are willing to wait that’s great as well. I became a TRF because I wanted to enjoy the forum and learn some things I didn’t know. For those of us who truly loves watches and have just a few, I have a sense we want to have fun. There is so much negative, let’s move in a positive direction and make watch watching fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxfordian View Post
You know there is an element of truth in what you say, there is a huge amount of speculation on this and other forums, what is going to be the 'next' watch that is going to rocket in price.

Let's talk about the watches and the pleasure of owning them, not whether it is going to make money, we all know that Rolex watches are hot property at the moment and that prices are rising but we don't need to have it mentioned every other thread.

Just my 10c of opinion.

I'm tired of it too gents, instead of discussing historically significant timepiece and enjoying the hobby it's becoming like these websites for cheap nerds on which credit card has the biggest sign up bonus, extreme couponing or how to rig the system. I really hope Rolex FLOODS the damn market with watches especially the new subs, I won't care if my LV sub is worth less and flippers are stuck holding bags.
myporsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2020, 08:10 AM   #50
LDN
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by myporsche View Post
I'm tired of it too gents, instead of discussing historically significant timepiece and enjoying the hobby it's becoming like these websites for cheap nerds on which credit card has the biggest sign up bonus, extreme couponing or how to rig the system. I really hope Rolex FLOODS the damn market with watches especially the new subs, I won't care if my LV sub is worth less and flippers are stuck holding bags.
Not everyone is like you old timer, some are in it for the thrill other for the money! Does it really matter?
Old 18 September 2020, 09:55 AM   #51
MannySDG
"TRF" Member

I must be living in the wrong state....every time I read that people passed several times on this watch or they just see them in the display case, I think about the countless phone calls I have made to AD's as far as the opposite side of my state as well as the "there are 35 people ahead of you on the waiting list" statements that I have heard. At the only AD I have purchase history with I am next in line, and I have been waiting since May.

But....patience is a beautiful thing, and I am looking forward to that unexpected/long awaited text from my SA.

Above someone made some statements about it being the first rose gold two tone Rolex in rose gold and first Rolex with brown and black dial....I suppose if you substitute "Rolex" with "GMT Master II" he's just about right?
Old 18 September 2020, 10:29 AM   #52
rrags
"TRF" Member

Watch: OP39, SS Daytona
I'm anxiously waiting for mine as well. I've been on the hunt since June and have reached out to several ADs and remain hopeful it will be sooner rather than later.
rrags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2020, 10:44 AM   #53
Nephro
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of them!
As some sort of frame of reference, my small town local AD has had at least 5-6 of these pieces over the past few years. They currently have the full gold version. They hardly get any of the sought after steel watches at the same frequency of the CHNR. Personally I think the watch looks fantastic even though I passed on it multiple times.
Patek Philippe 5712R-001, Audemars Piguet 15400ST Ruthenium dial, Vacheron Constantin Overseas 4500V Blue dial, Rolex 326933, Rolex 116523, Rolex 126710BLNR, Rolex 116610LV, Rolex 116613LB, Rolex 126300 Wimbledon dial, JLC Master Compressor Navy SEAL's Diving Alarm, PAM 1499
Omega Constellation 1967, G Shock
Nephro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2020, 10:50 AM   #54
holdingon
"TRF" Member

CHNR is not impossible to get like Pepsi. However...i consider them to be equal and would be happy with either one. Yes its more money but why go through the a** kissing to save a few g.
Old 18 September 2020, 10:51 AM   #55
GVAZQUEZ
"TRF" Member

Watch: KERMIT 16610LV
Beautiful watch I passed on it twice, I just told my AD if another one comes in. I’m down to purchase not because of the price increases, it’s just a beautiful watch. A friends Dad has one man it’s a stunner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GVAZQUEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2020, 11:27 AM   #56
Nikrnic
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blnr, Expll, Subs,
Just ten months ago (nov'19) my AD had two. I turned it down, probably could have got a discount if i was interested. It was nice of course but didn't sing for me.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Nikrnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2020, 11:31 AM   #57
ROlesorusLEX
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5 Digit
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobster600 View Post

I just purchased this watch for my wife. What a stunner. Great take here.

Sent from my IN2025 using Tapatalk
ROlesorusLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2020, 12:23 PM   #58
LDN
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannySDG View Post
I must be living in the wrong state....every time I read that people passed several times on this watch or they just see them in the display case, I think about the countless phone calls I have made to AD's as far as the opposite side of my state as well as the "there are 35 people ahead of you on the waiting list" statements that I have heard. At the only AD I have purchase history with I am next in line, and I have been waiting since May.

But....patience is a beautiful thing, and I am looking forward to that unexpected/long awaited text from my SA.

Above someone made some statements about it being the first rose gold two tone Rolex in rose gold and first Rolex with brown and black dial....I suppose if you substitute "Rolex" with "GMT Master II" he's just about right?

I am rooting for you to get your CHNR soon! I have read some
Of your posts and u seem very passionate about this piece! It will come soon and you will love and appreciate it even more!
Old 18 September 2020, 12:26 PM   #59
MyLord
"TRF" Member

AD offered me one. I passed as I think they’re hideous.
MyLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2020, 02:45 PM   #60
favre12rodgers
Banned

No, OP is right. The prices on this watch has skyrocketed. I bought mine from a gray in December of 2018 for like $15,600....which was a good price at the time.

I sold it (rather traded it) in March and got like $14,500 in trade (I traded it towards the full gold Root Beer). The TT CHNR was already well-regarded by March....so it's crazy the price has jumped like that since March.

It's a great watch....but the full RG is a totally different league.
favre12rodgers is offline   Reply With Quote