The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 10 October 2019, 12:44 AM   #1
Hendrikus
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of them...
OnMyWrist App

Does anyone else use this? I came across it very recently by fortune, and it is entirely free. It allows you to easily track how often you have worn your watches. I have always been one to estimate - "Oh, I think I have only worn that 4 times", or "This is my most worn watch". Now one can know with absolute accuracy.

Of course, this may be of no real use to anyone, but I quite like it for two reasons. Firstly, I do want to sell a few pieces and consolidate, but will do so once I have enough data over, say, six months to properly assess which pieces I never wear. Secondly, when coming to sell a hardly worn piece, it may just help persuade the buyer that when you say it is hardly worn, you are not lying!
Old 24 October 2019, 03:45 AM   #2
wesdaniel
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Varies
I downloaded it. It's kind of a cool little app. The only thing that gives me the skeeves about it is that it wants to use location services on my phone. I said no, and it's asked me again.

So, I'm going to upload pictures of all of my watches. And the app wants to know where my phone is.

Maybe I'm being tinfoil hat-like, but, that seems to be a recipe for giving a crook license to come into my house when he knows what watches I own and when I'm not home.
wesdaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2019, 06:06 AM   #3
Hendrikus
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of them...
I’d like to think you are over thinking it! But to be safe, you can go to your settings and turn off the location settings for the App.

I find it very useful!
Old 25 October 2019, 01:58 AM   #4
wesdaniel
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Varies
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrikus View Post
I’d like to think you are over thinking it! But to be safe, you can go to your settings and turn off the location settings for the App.

I find it very useful!
I never turned it on. I don't let any apps that don't *need* my location to use it in the background. It just creeped me out that it asked for it more than once. You're right, I'm probably overthinking it. But, it just seems like an app that they wouldn't even build location services into because it's completely unnecessary for the app's functionality.

I do like the app and I'll keep using it.
wesdaniel is offline   Reply With Quote