The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 8 June 2019, 01:55 PM   #1
Benjamin Lin
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP, Rolex
How about your experience of wearing AP RO (15xxx)?

Hi all, I'm curious about your wearing experience about this AP classical watch in your life. For example, what's the feeling of wearing it on your wrist while attending some activities. What's your friends' comments of your watch ? Do you feel it's suitable for daily work ? Do you think it's a good decision after you wear it for years ? Please share your thoughts and experience of owning this watch. Thanks.
Benjamin Lin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 June 2019, 04:00 PM   #2
mnl
"TRF" Member

Watch: 15450ST
Been wearing my 15450 daily for almost a year now (can’t believe I’ve had it for nearly a year!), and I love it. It’s a shiny watch but I’m actually really happy that most people don’t know what it is (at least that’s been my experience). I’ve had like maybe 2-3 friends recognize it and mention it, saying they really liked it and just surprised seeing me wearing it. I think it’s a fantastic watch for every day, looks great with anything you wear from shorts or sweatpants to a suit or tux. Can’t go wrong.
mnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 June 2019, 11:35 PM   #3
mr_gray
"TRF" Member

Watch: SMURF
i've owned a 15400ST white dial for about 6 months. i rarely wear it.

i think it is a work of art. when i wear it is makes me feel very smart and generous and tolerant! it feels like an extraordinary machine on the wrist.

but i'm worried i am making it look bad (no one has said it looks good on me and i do think certain watches suit certain people). now i have the scratch heebs worried about not being able to sell it because i gouge it up. in summary i'm not bonding with it.

it feels a little too big for me. i tried on the 15202 white dial at sydney watch exchange. that was perfect.
mr_gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 June 2019, 01:10 AM   #4
F83
"TRF" Member

15400 Blue Dial. I wear it most work days, generally not on the weekend (go for my Sub or GMT Master II on the weekends). It gets far more random compliments than any other watch I’ve had. Every once in a while someone knows what it is and comments. Happened to me the other day at a Thai restaurant. The waiter said “Oh my god your watch I’ve never seen one before”. That was pretty cool.

You could wear it everyday for sure, but my weekends tend to be a bit rougher re: damage so I feel a Rolex is a better choice - especially a Sub.

F83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 June 2019, 01:14 AM   #5
SMD
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP
Never given it that much thought.
SMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 June 2019, 02:42 AM   #6
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP Royal Oak
The Royal Oak is such a cool watch but it won’t change your life or make you a rock star in the eyes of your friends but it might make you a bit more attractive to the wrong sort of women. If you want to put 20k into something to get loads of attention buy a used Porsche.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AshAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 June 2019, 03:12 AM   #7
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
It wears similarly to a rolex with pcls. It makes you feel great wearing it because its so damn beautiful. Most people in my area do not know what AP is. If a scratch is going to ruin your world do not buy it.
Old 10 June 2019, 05:36 AM   #8
calh22a
Banned

When I put on my 15500, i don’t just feel but rather I KNOW I’m better than everyone else. Then I just return to being normal when I take the watch off, so now it never leaves my wrist.

I hope the sarcasm was appreciable on that one.

But seriously it is a nice watch and feels quite special when you wear it. If you want more comments from people and wow factor; maybe get a Rolex with a Jubilee bracelet or PCL oyster bracelet, as I think Rolex is more recognized by the general public.
calh22a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 June 2019, 05:51 AM   #9
Tomas Eriksson
"TRF" Member

Watch: 15707CE
Beaten the crap out of my 15400st in four years of ownership, its a great allrounder.
Old 10 June 2019, 11:07 AM   #10
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomas Eriksson View Post
Beaten the crap out of my 15400st in four years of ownership, its a great allrounder.

Prove it!
Old 15 June 2019, 02:48 PM   #11
H_UK
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP 15400
I rarely get comments about my 15400. Most people don't know what it is which suits my just fine! I notice many people looking at it because of the way the bracelet picks up the light. Im in dubai at the moment and have had a few smiles and nods by other AP wearers which was a first! It accompanies me to work sometimes and is my go to watch on the weekend when I'm not at the park with the kids, gardening, swimming etc. A sub is usually my companion for those activities! Whenever I wear my blue/green sub or BLNR I get many comments from randomn strangers, co-workers and older kids (How they know about "hulks and Batman's" is beyond me but I guess that's the power of social media now).
Old 16 June 2019, 01:40 AM   #12
kneedeep
"TRF" Member

I wear it because I like it. It has always been the only one I’ve seen being worn wherever I’ve gone with it on which is cool.