The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 13 October 2020, 01:04 PM   #361
ravellee
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollieo View Post
Lol holy shit. 500+. I thought Fishrus was joking when he said 4 digit wait list.

Sounds like this watch is going to be a killer in Asia. Japan is huge on Snoopy too.
Haha yes. the watch demand in Singapore is crazy. people are buying watches as alternative investment since bank interest rate is so low. alot of cheap money flowing around
ravellee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 October 2020, 07:54 PM   #362
mmaggi
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravellee View Post
people are buying watches as alternative investment since bank interest rate is so low. alot of cheap money flowing around
My brother told me that many Italians have been doing the same with Rolexes for years. They buy one and just throw it in the safe. I would hate to hear that happen with the 50-Snoopy.
mmaggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 October 2020, 08:17 PM   #363
Fishrus
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116622
Quote:
I am from Singapore too. I assume that you went to the ion branch. the manager told me my chance of getting is 0 but still ask me to put my name down. they will give VIp first. the manager said they started the waitlist for this model since last year
my friend who went ion to ask too was told the list is 500+.
the watch is very pretty though
Yup i went to the boutique at Ion. Probably have no chance to get it through them.

However i did register my interest with my Rolex AD who also carries omega before the watch was launched. Hope they come through but like all things the watch is only a want, not a need.
Old 13 October 2020, 09:32 PM   #364
ravellee
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishrus View Post
Yup i went to the boutique at Ion. Probably have no chance to get it through them.

However i did register my interest with my Rolex AD who also carries omega before the watch was launched. Hope they come through but like all things the watch is only a want, not a need.
yup correct. watch is not a necessity
Old 13 October 2020, 09:33 PM   #365
ravellee
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmaggi View Post
My brother told me that many Italians have been doing the same with Rolexes for years. They buy one and just throw it in the safe. I would hate to hear that happen with the 50-Snoopy.
yeah. not surprising since Rolex prices in resale market have been going up. I bought some Rolex to keep in the safe too
Old 14 October 2020, 12:37 AM   #366
mmaggi
"TRF" Member

Yeah but... Watches are NOT investments. Whatever. To each their own.

It's just sad it's coming to this because it keeps watches from getting into hands of people who would wear them and enjoy them. Terrible. This is the #1 reason why I've given up on Rolex.
Old 14 October 2020, 04:57 AM   #367
nr1416
"TRF" Member

Has anyone here changed their mind and won't be getting a watch now because the watch isn't Limited?

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk
nr1416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2020, 05:22 AM   #368
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
Quote:
Originally Posted by nr1416 View Post
Has anyone here changed their mind and won't be getting a watch now because the watch isn't Limited?

Not me. I'm planning on buying.
texasmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2020, 05:29 AM   #369
Onequik135i
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LV
I called my local AD last week, the sales guy text me earlier today requiring 20% deposit. Gtg so far.
Old 14 October 2020, 07:44 AM   #370
DTNSS
"TRF" Member

Quote:

lol
DTNSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2020, 08:58 AM   #371
nr1416
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTNSS View Post
lol
Trust me, I laugh at this as well. I want the new Snoopy if Omega makes 500 or 50000.

I just see a lot of people complaining that the watch is awesome except that it's not limited.

Old 14 October 2020, 09:52 AM   #372
ravellee
"TRF" Member

Quote:

if one really like this watch, how will the non limited affect the decision? unless u are worried about the resale value in future
Old 14 October 2020, 10:13 AM   #373
Thanos
"TRF" Member

If someone is upset that this model is not limited than they should not purchase.

Some actually purchase watches to wear.

They can all take a hike and go 'whine' elsewhere
Thanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2020, 10:42 AM   #374
nr1416
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanos View Post
If someone is upset that this model is not limited than they should not purchase.

Some actually purchase watches to wear.

They can all take a hike and go 'whine' elsewhere

Old 14 October 2020, 11:19 AM   #375
Pw92676
"TRF" Member

Quote:
if one really like this watch, how will the non limited affect the decision? unless u are worried about the resale value in future
Agree. I want this and don’t plan to resell. I don’t plan to resell any of my watches and thus once I buy them they are valued at zero...I don’t include them in net or assets or investment etc.
Pw92676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2020, 11:33 AM   #376
greengold
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke@TRF View Post
For UK folks, WoS started taking deposit for the watch as of today with 10%
Was told eta early 2021.
Not anymore now says 'register your interest'
greengold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2020, 11:40 AM   #377
greengold
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpharulez View Post
Ordered with a deposit at a London OB. Nearly top of the list apparently of confirmed orders. Fingers crossed.

Was also told further orders on waitlist only. No price reductions. At least 8 weeks from release for first deliveries.

ADs will not get an allocation in 2020. But will come Jan.

Bit unusual for a non-LE, perhaps it is a way to sweeten the deal for OBs who are exclusive to the brand?

Also hearing figures like 2 yrs run and 5000 pieces at least but spread out. Take these as hearsay for the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've bought three watches from london OB's never had to pay a deposit for the apollo 11 50th, 13 45th and Ultraman how do they put that through the till? I am on VIP list at mine no deposit.
greengold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2020, 03:31 PM   #378
ravellee
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pw92676 View Post
Agree. I want this and don’t plan to resell. I don’t plan to resell any of my watches and thus once I buy them they are valued at zero...I don’t include them in net or assets or investment etc.
well said, true watch lover.
Old 14 October 2020, 05:55 PM   #379
alpharulez
"TRF" Member

Watch: Assorted!
Quote:
Originally Posted by greengold View Post
I've bought three watches from london OB's never had to pay a deposit for the apollo 11 50th, 13 45th and Ultraman how do they put that through the till? I am on VIP list at mine no deposit.

Yup. Called three London OBs I am with and was told a similar line with two due this not being a LE. The third one was happy to take a deposit and confirm it. Receipt says deposit for the watch model and an ETA on it.

alpharulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2020, 06:28 PM   #380
ravellee
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpharulez View Post
Yup. Called three London OBs I am with and was told a similar line with two due this not being a LE. The third one was happy to take a deposit and confirm it. Receipt says deposit for the watch model and an ETA on it.

seems like many ADs in UK are telling the good things but I wonder if there are so many of such watches to go around in the world
Old 14 October 2020, 11:27 PM   #381
mmaggi
"TRF" Member

Quote:

My sentiments exactly. Can't stand people when they start talking about resale value. I own a 16710 Pepsi. I could give a sh!t if I can get $10 or $20000 for it.
Old 15 October 2020, 12:33 AM   #382
Pw92676
"TRF" Member

Quote:
well said, true watch lover.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmaggi View Post

My sentiments exactly. Can't stand people when they start talking about resale value. I own a 16710 Pepsi. I could give a sh!t if I can get $10 or $20000 for it.
Glad to see I’m not alone in my thoughts. To each their own and there’s nothing wrong with the other side, but I always struggle with if the whole investment/limited availability issue really belongs on TRF?

Spiraling back to this, I don’t care if this Snoopy is nowhere to be found and commands a high secondary price or if is found at every AD collecting dust and has a low secondary price. I would love it in my collection and as It would mean something unique to me and be MINE.
Pw92676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2020, 06:14 AM   #383
nr1416
"TRF" Member

Anyone have a ETA of their Snoopy arriving in November?

My OB said they won't start receiving them till end of the year, early next year

Old 15 October 2020, 10:03 AM   #384
Rollieo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Glad to see I’m not alone in my thoughts. To each their own and there’s nothing wrong with the other side, but I always struggle with if the whole investment/limited availability issue really belongs on TRF?

Spiraling back to this, I don’t care if this Snoopy is nowhere to be found and commands a high secondary price or if is found at every AD collecting dust and has a low secondary price. I would love it in my collection and as It would mean something unique to me and be MINE.

I love watches, and buy them because of the enjoyment I get from learning about the piece, what it represents, the design, the functionality, the craftsmanship, all of that. (I own a GS - I guess to some people that says something?).

I don’t buy them at all to put them in a safe as an investment, and don’t plan to ever sell any watch I acquire. I expect some level of depreciation on the watch and am OK with that depreciation.

But do I care if the value of the watch goes to $0 as some people have said? Yes... if I buy a watch today for $10k and 12 months from now people can buy the same watch brand new for $6k. I won’t be happy about that. I also won’t be happy if that same watch “lightly used” pre-owned can be purchased for $3k after 12 months.

I think that goes for anything people buy. No one wants to overpay.

Rollieo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2020, 10:06 AM   #385
Rollieo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Anyone have a ETA of their Snoopy arriving in November?

My OB said they won't start receiving them till end of the year, early next year

Would love to hear about deliveries as well!

Should start a new thread just about deliveries when that time starts rolling around... :)

My OB said they’re getting a handful in early November, but not clear how many so don’t know if I’ll be part of the first wave.

I’ll be contacting them soon.

Old 15 October 2020, 12:21 PM   #386
Maverick82
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I love watches, and buy them because of the enjoyment I get from learning about the piece, what it represents, the design, the functionality, the craftsmanship, all of that. (I own a GS - I guess to some people that says something?).

I don’t buy them at all to put them in a safe as an investment, and don’t plan to ever sell any watch I acquire. I expect some level of depreciation on the watch and am OK with that depreciation.

But do I care if the value of the watch goes to $0 as some people have said? Yes... if I buy a watch today for $10k and 12 months from now people can buy the same watch brand new for $6k. I won’t be happy about that. I also won’t be happy if that same watch “lightly used” pre-owned can be purchased for $3k after 12 months.

Spot on. Well said. Agreed.
Maverick82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2020, 12:38 AM   #387
gregouille
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Couldn’t agree more! And I own a GS as well ;)
gregouille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2020, 12:48 AM   #388
kwingy
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Spot on as well. Investment and retention are 2 different things. I wouldn't want to buy a watch knowing a week later the value of it is currently 0 pounds. Because no one can predict the future but if I urgently needed to sell something to raise capital for XYZ - a watch would be a good place to start.
kwingy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2020, 03:29 AM   #389
FriendlyTotodial
"TRF" Member

OB says dec/jan delivery for mine in socal
FriendlyTotodial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2020, 07:16 AM   #390
Rollieo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriendlyTotodial View Post
OB says dec/jan delivery for mine in socal

When did you get your deposit in? Do you know what number you are on the list and total number of deposits at your OB?