The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 21 October 2020, 03:21 PM   #1
usmc_k9_vet
"TRF" Member

Question regarding wait time for Offshore Diver REF. #15710ST.OO.A002CA.01

I think it is time for me to jump into the deep end of the pool, but it's only going to be possible for me at this time if the deep end of the pool doesn't have a hard cover over it. I would like to pick up an AP Offshore Diver and upgrade to the full bracelet. I do not have a purchase history with AP and I do not like close to a boutique or AD. What might the wait time be like for someone like me for this model compared to something like one of the extremely popular blue dial Jumbos? Is it even possible for me to get on a list? Hoping I can get this process started, but curious how long some others here have waited for this specific model and what your purchase history with AP was like when you got on the list.

Thanks all.

Pic from AP website
usmc_k9_vet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2020, 03:37 PM   #2
Burlington
"TRF" Member

It’s a piece that should be readily available from an AD - and the bracelet can be ordered from APSC too.

This would be something I expect you can ‘just’ buy without any need for previous purchase history.

It’s a great choice !

― Winston S. Churchill
Burlington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2020, 03:55 PM   #3
7sins
"TRF" Member

These are readily available from the AD except in the white dial. I would go grey/pre-market as you can get them at a huge discount. Retail is $20k, you should be able to find from a trust seller or on chrono for 15-16k and then save the sales tax. That delta will cover the cost of your bracelet which you can order from APSC in clearwater through any AD
Richard Mille RG RM030 || Richard Mille RM72ti || AP 26240 50TH Green Royal Oak Chrono || AP Royal Oak Blue JUMBO SS 15202ST || AP ROO Diver Green 15720ST || ♕ Rolex Platinum Daytona Diamond 116506 || Cartier Santos
7sins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2020, 05:49 AM   #4
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7sins View Post
These are readily available from the AD except in the white dial. I would go grey/pre-market as you can get them at a huge discount. Retail is $20k, you should be able to find from a trust seller or on chrono for 15-16k and then save the sales tax. That delta will cover the cost of your bracelet which you can order from APSC in clearwater through any AD
this +1

Why not save a few thousand and don't make the same mistake I did last year and spend too much at AD (I bought a 42mm offshore on whim thinking they will get me RO 15500 within a year - yes I am frustrated). Get comfortable by talking to grey dealers - especially ones that advertise here on this forum - Takuya or David SW are good choices.
dauster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2020, 09:42 AM   #5
usmc_k9_vet
"TRF" Member

Wow great advice all. It sounds like I need to start making some calls! Thanks everyone. It is also pretty nice that this model doesn't seem to be insanely hard to get as it is one AP that is extremely appealing to me.
usmc_k9_vet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 October 2020, 02:33 AM   #6
Lamontsanders
"TRF" Member

The Diver is amazing. I recently traded for one (gotta reverse the trade due to a timing issue) but it's worth the cost of entry. Go grey and buy the bracelet through AP.
Lamontsanders is offline   Reply With Quote