The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21 May 2018, 11:01 AM   #1
AlyRba
"TRF" Member

Advice on future purchases

Hi,

I wanted to seek advice regarding a potential future purchase. I have a limited budget so I have to make a choice out of 3 options. All the 3 options below will have a delivery sometime in 2020 if I put the deposit down in few weeks. My current top tier collection consists of Patek 5711 white dial, GO PanoMaticLunar Blue dial on bracelet and AP 15202 (boutique delivery by latest of May 2019).

I have to choose out of one of the following 3

Patek 5712 blue dial on bracelet - I really like the dial and feel it will go along well with my 5711. However, I am finding it hard to justify a $10K price increase from the 5711 with only a power reserve and moonphase that will be difficult to set each time if I wear the watch occasionally. Plus, now that I have the 5711, I would appreciate a heavier nautilus such as 5726. 5726 is not under consideration because I feel that the day and month is difficult to read at a single glance.

Patek 5164 - Much better aesthetics than the 5167. Also, the watch is chunkier and will complement my 5711. However, it is again difficult for me to justify the $15K price increase from the 5167 for a GMT function. On a side note, I don't travel that much.

F.P. Journe CB + Patek 5167 - I can get two watches with this option. Really like the CB and can't find any fault with it. It is a great watch to both dress up and down. I like the 5167 too but find the dial a little plain compared to the 5164. It will also be light like my 5711, I don't know how I feel about that. However, 5167 on rubber will be a nice complement to my 5711.

Thank you
AlyRba is offline   Reply With Quote