The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex Watch Reviews

Old 4 January 2020, 02:06 PM   #1
pj1369
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex BLNR126720
Two Weeks in Review: Rolex GMT Batman on Jubilee - BLNR126710

Like many, after several months of waiting I got the call from my AD to come and pick-up my new BLNR!

And, I have to say I haven't stopped wearing it since. It's an incredible watch and I wanted to share a few quick reflections for others considering picking one up:

1) Comfort: While some may comment that the jubilee is not as "sporty" enough or as classic as the oyster, it is damn comfortable. The way the jubilee bracelet wraps around your wrist is uncanny - it almost makes the watch feel like an extension of your own body/arm versus an accessory weighing your wrist down. The case is a little thicker than my older DJ (which was closer to 11mm) at ~12mm, but it's also thinner than my Milgauss GV (which was closer to 13mm). And, it's way thicker than my new bulgari octo finissimo black ceramic (5.5mm) - which is a very different watch altogether. So, it's kinda just right...and fits well on my 7" wrist.

2) Appearance: The super case is "bigger" than the vintage GMTs; however, the black dial tones it down and makes it look smaller than it is, imo. The ceramic bezel is stunning and the black/blue combination with jubilee makes it easy to dress up or down - it also goes/matches 95% of everything I wear! I've worn the watch with T-shirts and suits, and on both occasions family and friends shared compliments. That said, I will add that the watch is more "blingy" with the large white gold indices and jubilee bracelet than i initially realized; it sparkles bright in sunlight. Also, the lume is incredibly bright and also catches yours and others' eyes when you go from a bright outside into a theater for example. As such, this watch catches more attention - and more than I suspected - relative to other model watches I own. Not a bad thing necessarily, but something to note as others consider purchasing.

3) Utility: I love, love the GMT function! I've traveled to four cities in the past two weeks and my job is international. So being able to use this function has been awesome to track up to 3 time zones...love it more than I thought I would. It's probably the first function/complication I've really used outside of "Date" on my watches. Also, the jubilee bracelet and ceramic bezel can take a beating and look flawlessly after normal wear. The sides of the case and the clasp seem to hold up a little less - but not better or worst than my bracelet and case on my Milgauss and other SS watches (my ceramic bulgari is the only exception - it looks flawless still after wearing a couple of times).

3) Value Proposition + The Market: I went back and forth about the watch considering market volatility, prior to purchase. I did lose some $$$ on a trade (but not too bad). That said, I decided to proceed with the purchase from my AD because I fundamentally love the watch and not because it was a "hype" watch per se, but rather I appreciated the design, the changes from the last batman, the complication, and the bracelet. It just worked for me. I also plan to keep it for a very long time, if not my entire lifetime. That said, when I was trying to make the decision, I was trying to make sure I couldn't find it anywhere else with a better deal. Ultimately, I went to ADs in FL, TX, DC, MD, and VA. I spoke with three good family friends that referred me to their trusted ADs. I went to DavidSW and a few other Greys. I also tracked the supply and pricing on Ebay, Chrono24, and WatchCharts. In short, I drove myself crazy, like many of us - so I went for it and just made the deal happen (much thanks to forum members for their insights and help along the way!). I will admit the challenge of it all was a little fun in a "geeky" way. :)

In the end, I realized the prices were dropping in December, but my hypothesis is that they were dropping as the end of the year big shipment came in from Rolex to Ads, etc. Because when I was hunting Chrono24 had over 435 (now has 417), my AD had two (now none), David SW had three (now has one), etc. So, I'm assuming supply will continue to decrease (and prices will slowly climb a little) through the next big shipment at end of this month/early Feb. Where the mystery lies, is who gets what with the next big shipment. Moreover, there are a lot of theories out there re: the supply/demand (e.g. it will never normalize, 2020 will be the year of increase/normalization, etc.), and I'm not sure what I think, but I love my watch and it was the perfect addition to my collection!

Good luck to all those hunting/pondering buying one!

P.S. Last observation: Forum members are really passionate about the "naming conventions" for watches...which has been an interesting and surprising part of my ownership experience. #batman #batgirl #brucewayne #blnr126710
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0821.jpg (78.5 KB, 2056 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0884.jpg (104.3 KB, 2046 views)
pj1369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2020, 02:09 PM   #2
cerendigit
"TRF" Member

Watch: Casio digital
Great review, love the batgirl.
cerendigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2020, 02:12 PM   #3
bradyb
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Excellent writeup. Thanks very much.
bradyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2020, 02:40 PM   #4
watchmework
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710BLRO, 116600
Congrats on the GMT! You’re right, while I have the Pepsi it’s the same watch outside of the bezel colors and Rolex nailed it with the case and bracelet on these watches...it has to be the most comfortable watch I’ve owned and the new GMTs are going to be looked at 10-20 years from now as some really incredible pieces.
watchmework is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2020, 06:00 PM   #5
Rori
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex / Tudor
Enjoyed the read. congratulations, wear this beauty in good health. I tried this same model on the day I ordered the SD43 and I agree on every point you mentioned. The jubilee is so comfortable, beside being comfortable, I think Rolex did a good choice using it as it, the watch now looks completely different. The bezel colors appear as all black when seen from some angles or in not too bright location. So yes, the watch can be dressed up and down so easily.
Old 4 January 2020, 06:18 PM   #6
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Congratulations
Batgirl is perfect
Nairn1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2020, 06:29 PM   #7
PepsiBezel
"TRF" Member

Watch: Neo-Vintage
Great watch! I also have come to really like the jubilee on my 126710. I bought a Rubber B for my 114060 as I planned to wear my Sub’s Oyster on my GMT more, but whenever I put the Oyster on I miss the Jubilee.

The names for the BLNR is a fun hobby... but, “a rose by another name would smell as sweet...”
PepsiBezel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2020, 10:58 PM   #8
thenotoriouszaz
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN
Great watch and great review. Thanks for sharing!
thenotoriouszaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2020, 11:02 PM   #9
JayHantz
"TRF" Member

Watch: @Escapementt
Excellent review and great talking points. The jubilee is silk on the wrist, and I always found the use of the GMT is by far my most used complication as I travel a lot too.

Enjoy the BLNR and continue to wear it in great health. Also - a mighty fine collection you have!
JayHantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2020, 11:04 PM   #10
sambb
"TRF" Member

like the batgirl and pepsi too
sambb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2020, 11:51 PM   #11
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

The new BLNR is a rockstar.
Mystro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2020, 11:57 PM   #12
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Nice review, glad to see you enjoying it
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2020, 12:04 AM   #13
Fire bloke
Banned

The batgirl is a super watch ..
Still prefer five digit 16710 as the maxi case is just to
Big with a jubilee .. now with the oyster the batman is a superb watch
Fire bloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2020, 12:10 AM   #14
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire bloke View Post
The batgirl is a super watch ..
Still prefer five digit 16710 as the maxi case is just to
Big with a jubilee .. now with the oyster the batman is a superb watch

Ugh.....They are both “Batman” just like they are both “Pepsi” regardless of bracelet. Come on guys this is getting ridiculous.

Old 5 January 2020, 12:15 AM   #15
Lurizzle
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMTs
The functionality of the GMT complication is very handy.

A non-WIS once posed me the alternate point of view that you could just do math in your head to find the time in another time zone. And while that is true, there is something about looking at the number with your eyes that gives a better experience, especially when you're on the go and just need a quick check. It's two watches in one.
Lurizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2020, 12:41 AM   #16
makatiboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: 2020 sky dweller
Great review. Picked mine up last month and its all exactly as you’ve described.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
makatiboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2020, 12:49 AM   #17
Shihan
Banned

Batgirl

Love the Batgirl..Im sure your wife/girlfriend will love it
Shihan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2020, 12:51 AM   #18
Shihan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystro View Post
Ugh.....They are both “Batman” just like they are both “Pepsi” regardless of bracelet. Come on guys this is getting ridiculous.

It's the Batgirl...nothing wrong with..it has a feminine quality..Its a great womens GMT, like the Rootbeer.
Shihan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2020, 01:11 AM   #19
Partagas
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex DD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shihan View Post
It's the Batgirl...nothing wrong with..it has a feminine quality..Its a great womens GMT, like the Rootbeer.
Ridiculous assessment. And I don't even own either one.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
Partagas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2020, 01:30 AM   #20
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Keep your head down Newbie they are coming for you with those ridiculous comments.

Old 5 January 2020, 01:33 AM   #21
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

Killer collection. How are you liking the Bvlgari Octo?
macrowatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2020, 01:36 AM   #22
pj1369
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurizzle View Post
The functionality of the GMT complication is very handy.

A non-WIS once posed me the alternate point of view that you could just do math in your head to find the time in another time zone. And while that is true, there is something about looking at the number with your eyes that gives a better experience, especially when you're on the go and just need a quick check. It's two watches in one.

Thanks all! And, i couldn't agree more with the above statement! Also, balancing a million balls at home and on travel, I find the act of using the bezel easier and somewhat "grounding" when bouncing around cities. My grandfather had a GMT and I remember him using his the same way.

Old 5 January 2020, 01:43 AM   #23
pj1369
"TRF" Member

Two Weeks in Review: Rolex GMT Batman on Jubilee - BLNR126710

Quote:
Originally Posted by macrowatch View Post
Killer collection. How are you liking the Bvlgari Octo?

Thanks!

I love the Octo! It's very different from the rest of the collection. It's very light, can also be dressed up in a tux (more so than any of my others) or dressed down, and it's probably the most comfortable watch in the collection. It also flies under the radar more but when ppl notice it - they are blown away and ask me to take it off so they can see it - usually other watch ppl or jewelry lovers. That all said, I'm going to sell it probably because I bought it when I didn't think I was going to get the BLNR. Since I got one, it's hard to enjoy two new watches at the same time and make memories for both. So, going to sell now and pick back up in the future most likely or a black ceramic chrono if they develop that...

Finally I'll probably post a longer Bulgari review in the upcoming few days as I don't think the watch gets enough credit. It really is a unique piece that I think think will be seen as one of the best watches of the decade 10-20 years from now, and it will be in perfect condition because it's thick black ceramic.

Old 5 January 2020, 01:45 AM   #24
BroncoOne
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Said someone who will never be able to own one. Jubilee is worn by the owner of the company unless doing a sport, then brushed oyster.
BroncoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2020, 01:48 AM   #25
Seaswirl
"TRF" Member

Congrats OP. The BLNR is really growing on me, and I’m thinking of adding something with a Jubilee at some point. Beautiful watch and enjoy.
Seaswirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2020, 02:00 AM   #26
Welshwatchman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
The reasoning part of my brain asked me to ask you to ask the reasoning part of your brain if everything is ok.
Old 5 January 2020, 02:18 AM   #27
lvgeroni
"TRF" Member

Watch: Day Date 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystro View Post

I agree! It's like calling a watch 'croc' because it comes in a crocodile leather bracelet. Kinda ridiculous
lvgeroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2020, 02:48 AM   #28
RolexSocial.Club
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
I love the jubilee bracelet as it really adds sophistication to what is a sporty watch!
RolexSocial.Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2020, 10:50 AM   #29
D.P.G.
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710 BLNR (2019)
I've been wearing mine daily for about 2 months since I acquired it and I agree absolutely perfect watch and your evaluation is spot on. Don't bother to give any consideration to the Batgirl reference it is childish from jealous people. I would rather have Batgirl wrapped around my wrist then Batman or Pepsi Lite.
D.P.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2020, 10:54 AM   #30
Patton250
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 5205R
What an excellent review. A great watch too. Sorry your thread got buggered up by a bunch of trolls.

Pride goes before destruction, and haughtiness before a fall.

Often times unbelief is disguised as wisdom

Instagram - patton250
Patton250 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
batgirl , batman , blnr126710 , gmt , rolex