The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old 15 May 2021, 05:32 AM   #1
Wcdhtwn
"TRF" Member

Watch: SkyD, SD43, GMT2
And again - Houston Robbery

https://www.fox26houston.com/news/vi...source=twitter
Old 15 May 2021, 05:46 AM   #2
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

with a rifle? insane and very sad
Old 15 May 2021, 06:16 AM   #3
liu_watch
"TRF" Member

Talking about smart decision-making: here we’re thinking it’s insane paying tens of thousands for Rolexes. These guys are even more insane, potentially paying their lives to just get one (plus the bag)! Is it really worth it??
Old 15 May 2021, 06:19 AM   #4
Ferdelious
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Hulk/SD4K/SeaQ/P39
Very frightening.
Old 15 May 2021, 07:39 AM   #5
MDMH
"TRF" Member

Wow Brazen!!
Old 15 May 2021, 07:41 AM   #6
rollex4me
"TRF" Member

Not worth wearing your rolex out in public
Old 15 May 2021, 08:52 AM   #7
Uggi
Banned

Wow. Some parts of the world seem out of control. Very sad to see.
Old 15 May 2021, 09:12 AM   #8
Polarexplorerii
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16570,BLNR,116610
Damm im in San Antonio, so close to home...
Old 15 May 2021, 09:16 AM   #9
Moondoggy
"TRF" Member

Watch: and wait
So sad, what bottom feeding scum

Never argue with a fool, as eventually it will be difficult to tell the difference.
Old 15 May 2021, 09:23 AM   #10
MDMH
"TRF" Member

Didn’t listen to the audio but was it someone scouting the lobby for a mark? Like an employee? Insane none the less
Old 15 May 2021, 09:25 AM   #11
ltmgeller
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex
Thats Crazy! There has to be more to this story. Why was the man hanging out in front like that. Seems like he was waiting for something. It doesn't look like the thieves just got lucky catching him outside. Just my .02
Old 15 May 2021, 09:33 AM   #12
Doc Savage
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: Explorer 214270
From a risk/reward perspective, the bad guys knew where to go. High end hotel means your clients tend to be financially better off, a bit older, not really paying attention to their surroundings, and unprepared for a fight.

It is a good lesson for us all to be better aware of what is going on around us. If the victim had seen them as they got out of the car, he could have run into the hotel. The chances of the bad guys following him inside are practically zero.

-Edward O. Wilson
Old 15 May 2021, 09:34 AM   #13
NYC6
"TRF" Member

Watch: SUBMARINER 14060M
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltmgeller View Post
Thats Crazy! There has to be more to this story. Why was the man hanging out in front like that. Seems like he was waiting for something. It doesn't look like the thieves just got lucky catching him outside. Just my .02
Maybe but to me it looks as if he was out waiting on a ride or something and these predators ride around looking easy marks at expensive hotels and if the coast is clear make their move. Profitable for them now but I hope they run into an alert armed Texas citizen rather than apprehended by the Police.
Old 15 May 2021, 10:32 AM   #14
Thug
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC6 View Post
Profitable for them now but I hope they run into an alert armed Texas citizen rather than apprehended by the Police.
This type of thinking is so weird.

Even if guy getting robbed in video had a gun, what exactly would that do? In a lot of the robbery videos that's been posted over the past few months, the victim doesn't really have time to take out weapon fast enough. What exactly do you think will happen if the thieves see that you also have a gun? That they will run with their tails tucked? It's a possibility but are you willing to bet your life on that?
Old 15 May 2021, 11:04 AM   #15
srvrf
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: PP/AP/VC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thug View Post

Even if guy getting robbed in video had a gun, what exactly would that do? In a lot of the robbery videos that's been posted over the past few months, the victim doesn't really have time to take out weapon fast enough. What exactly do you think will happen if the thieves see that you also have a gun? That they will run with their tails tucked? It's a possibility but are you willing to bet your life on that?

I agree. The problem with situations like this is that the criminals always have the element of surprise. You’re waiting for a ride and two guys get out of their car with their guns pointed at you. No time to reach for your gun even if you have one. And if you’re an armed bystander do you risk getting shot or try to shoot the robbers (without shooting the victim or any bystanders by accident)? No easy answers but I do often travel with my Apple Watch these days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Old 15 May 2021, 11:05 AM   #16
CKizzy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tachymeter
Quote:

Spoken like a true 'thug' - user name.

People that 'carry' every day are usually more aware of their surroundings not waiting around to become a victim and for the police to show up and write a report...hope you never have to find out what it's like to 'bring a knife to a gun fight!'
Old 15 May 2021, 11:35 AM   #17
kulak
"TRF" Member

Of course lots of folks visit Houston including myself (tons on business) and no have issues. Then again I avoid the uppity areas like the Galleria like the plague (traffic can be a nightmare). Nonetheless it’s terrible it’s happening. Texas is generally not a safe place to be a robber as a career.
Old 15 May 2021, 11:57 AM   #18
Deepseadoug
Banned

I hope dude with the rifle bought a belt with some of that money. Almost lost his pants and his gun getting out the car.
Old 15 May 2021, 12:35 PM   #19
Thug
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKizzy View Post
People that 'carry' every day are usually more aware of their surroundings
I dont find this to be the case but ok.
Old 15 May 2021, 12:44 PM   #20
Kowaco
"TRF" Member

Watch: G Shock
At least they were wearing masks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 15 May 2021, 12:50 PM   #21
shaunylw
"TRF" Member

And again - Houston Robbery

Quote:
I dont find this to be the case but ok.

You live in NY. You know exactly 0 people in the city you live in that carry a firearm daily. How would you know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 15 May 2021, 12:56 PM   #22
Thug
"TRF" Member

Cops and criminals dont live in NYC? In case you didnt get the memo, shootings are up since COVID.
Old 15 May 2021, 01:07 PM   #23
MrGoat
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16613
Quote:
Originally Posted by CKizzy View Post
Spoken like a true 'thug' - user name.

People that 'carry' every day are usually more aware of their surroundings not waiting around to become a victim and for the police to show up and write a report...hope you never have to find out what it's like to 'bring a knife to a gun fight!'

I’ve witnessed many a person with a concealed carry license that should not even be allowed at the range. Your assumption is incredibly presumptive that everyone that took a simple course at the gun show (where they didn’t even have to hit the target) is aware and competent enough to carry, draw, fire and hit their target when presented with a situation that warrants it in 3-10 seconds. There are many out there that believe they’re vigilantes because they took a simple weekend course at the gun show and took a passport photo. I’ve heard many tell me they HOPE someone tries them so they can shoot and kill them. These people don’t know their a** from a hole in the ground and when the situation would present itself a majority of them would end up dead before their first shot was off. Then still end up robbed and dead or injured.

The best option is always to get the hell out of the conflict without a fight. If you’re forced to fight you need to fight matching and beating your aggressors fight and drive. You need to be physically and mentally prepared to take the fight to places you may not have thought about because you have to beat the will of your aggressor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 15 May 2021, 03:53 PM   #24
TNT009
"TRF" Member

Boy, a lot to digest here and not violating the TRF policy. He was smart to give it up, you not winning vs a handgun, let alone a rifle!.. Situational awareness, keep your head on a swivel!

When they catch these fools, I want to know if they knew this guy had a Rollie. And, if so, where did they get the info? This seemed preplanned, did they see him out earlier at mall or dinner and waited for him?
Closed Thread