The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 3 September 2016, 04:06 AM   #31
TK-710
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116600
I live in NY. I will engage anyone wearing a Cubs hat. I completely ignore all White and Red Sox fans.
TK-710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 September 2016, 05:06 AM   #32
uscmatt99
"TRF" Member

I don't really have a people other than USC alum's as I'm a mix of a lot of things. My wife is Filipina but is constantly mistaken as being from any other Asian heritage besides that, so she's often in the situation you describe. Even though English is technically her second language, you'd never know talking with her. Neither do other Filipino people! She usually doesn't let on, but we've had some hilarious experiences.

One memorable moment was when our family was flying somewhere on vacation. We had arranged our seats to be next to our kids, and an older Filipino guy asked her to move to sit next to his wife. She explained the situation in English. He went on to mutter a bunch of nasty stuff in Tagalog under his breath, some of it threatening, assuming nobody else would understand. My wife loves to engage in a good throw-down, so she stood up and loudly shamed the guy in his native tongue for talking about a lady like that. Then she added "Why don't you just try it (whatever he said he'd do) right now and see what happens!" The look on his face was priceless
uscmatt99 is offline   Reply With Quote