The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 3 July 2020, 09:06 PM   #1
TooWoundUp
"TRF" Member

Watch: Out
The 39mm Jumbo no one talks about - AP RO 14802st

I recently discovered the existence of this watch and its so fascinating to me. A unique reference number, only a 1000 watches I believe and the same proportions as the beloved jumbo. Does anyone have experience with this watch and how it compares to the standard 39mm jumbo? I mean its basically the same watch right? Curious to hear everyone's thoughts!
TooWoundUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2020, 09:24 PM   #2
jay_kay
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor Black Bay 54
Looks very much at a glance like the 15300 with no seconds hand and with the Jumbo movement and thickness and with a thinner bracelet, same width but just less heft. Beautiful looking watch. Nice with the salmon dial too.

"Celebrating the 20th anniversary of the Royal Oak 5402st 1000 ex of this watch were produced using the famous caliber 2121 and a 39mm case just like the DNA of its elder model. It is estimated they were spreaded in 700 stainless steel (200 salmon, 500 smoked blue dials), 280 yellow gold white dial, 20 platinum (12 white, 8 blue stone dial)."

Rolex Explorer 214270, Omega Speedmaster '1957 Relaunch' 3594.50.00, Panerai Luminor 1950 PAM00127-E, Panerai Radiomir 1936 PAM00249-I, Panerai Mare Nostrum PAM00716-T, Panerai PAM00785-Q Set, Panerai Luminor Black Seal PAM00594-Q, Panerai Luminor Daylight PAM00604-Q, Tudor Black Bay 54 79000N, Heuer Carrera Re-Edition CS3113, Hamilton Military W10 & TAG Heuer F1
jay_kay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2020, 10:38 PM   #3
RolexZen
"TRF" Member

Watch: No Rolex
The 39mm Jumbo no one talks about - AP RO 14802st

Not much to say about it in comparison to a Jumbo. Yes, it’s the same movement and same case.

Good write-up on the salmon variation here:

https://www.watchcollectinglifestyle...review-history

P.S. WCL appears to be WAY off on the current pricing of these watches on the used market.
RolexZen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2020, 11:58 PM   #4
mineral
"TRF" Member

This reference look gorgeous in person.

Not many member talked about this reference due to the limited number and owner of this reference. I know it is quite popular on the IG. One thing to note is that the box for this 20th anniversary is entirely made of solid oak wood, quite unique I must say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 4 July 2020, 12:24 AM   #5
drhk
"TRF" Member

Even more interesting: the 15002

In 1992, Audemars Piguet returned to the "Jumbo" design for the "Jubilee" Ref. 14802, which included a display caseback to show the Cal. 2121 in action. This watch was released as a limited edition, with 700 in steel, 280 in yellow gold, and 20 in platinum. Another "Jumbo" model, Ref. 15002, was produced throughout the 1990s without the display caseback.
And this is what I found about the 15002:

While not much has been written about the 15002, research indicates that AP made an edition of less than 200 of this model, making this one of the rarest of the Royal Oak models. It of course utilizes the stellar 2121 calibre and has the very nice Clous de Paris dial in dark blue. Like the original model 5402, this has a closed back. One of the unique features of the 15002 is that the case has an opening where the stem enters the case which enables the movement to be removed from the case with the stem still attached, the only Royal Oak Jumbo model with this feature.
drhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2020, 12:28 PM   #6
TooWoundUp
"TRF" Member

Watch: Out
Quote:
Originally Posted by drhk View Post
Even more interesting: the 15002

In 1992, Audemars Piguet returned to the "Jumbo" design for the "Jubilee" Ref. 14802, which included a display caseback to show the Cal. 2121 in action. This watch was released as a limited edition, with 700 in steel, 280 in yellow gold, and 20 in platinum. Another "Jumbo" model, Ref. 15002, was produced throughout the 1990s without the display caseback.
And this is what I found about the 15002:

While not much has been written about the 15002, research indicates that AP made an edition of less than 200 of this model, making this one of the rarest of the Royal Oak models. It of course utilizes the stellar 2121 calibre and has the very nice Clous de Paris dial in dark blue. Like the original model 5402, this has a closed back. One of the unique features of the 15002 is that the case has an opening where the stem enters the case which enables the movement to be removed from the case with the stem still attached, the only Royal Oak Jumbo model with this feature.
Wow that’s so interesting. I love diving deep into rare AP models :)
TooWoundUp is offline   Reply With Quote