The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 23 November 2018, 05:41 AM   #61
jdkrut
"TRF" Member

Watch: Audemars Piguet
Agreed. A lot of what Hublot makes is nice and frankly the Unico is a manufacture chronograph w/ flyback -- something AP has yet to master. But a lot of us AP lovers like to look down at Hublot for some of their limited editions; yet, AP appears to be aping that sort of bad behavior here, even copying Hublot concepts from a decade ago.
jdkrut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 November 2018, 05:51 AM   #62
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkrut View Post
Agreed. A lot of what Hublot makes is nice and frankly the Unico is a manufacture chronograph w/ flyback -- something AP has yet to master. But a lot of us AP lovers like to look down at Hublot for some of their limited editions; yet, AP appears to be aping that sort of bad behavior here, even copying Hublot concepts from a decade ago.
Revenge is, in this case, sour.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 November 2018, 05:36 PM   #63
Marciano490
"TRF" Member

I want the green one, but not on camo. Wearing camo seems juvenile if not disrespectful to me.
Marciano490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 November 2018, 06:20 PM   #64
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP Royal Oak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marciano490 View Post
I want the green one, but not on camo. Wearing camo seems juvenile if not disrespectful to me.
I was a soldier in my 20’s, in my view there’s nothing juvenile or disrespectful about it but that’s just my feeling and I’m interested to know what makes you think that?
AshAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 November 2018, 10:12 AM   #65
Marciano490
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshAP View Post
I was a soldier in my 20’s, in my view there’s nothing juvenile or disrespectful about it but that’s just my feeling and I’m interested to know what makes you think that?

I meant because I wasn’t a soldier so I shouldn’t play dress up like one. If I wanted to wear camo I’d join my sister in Afghanistan, not play make believe.
Old 28 November 2018, 06:08 PM   #66
Greg75
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex/JLC/AP
Jeez, y’all take your color options way too seriously. First, from what I saw, it appears these will come with both solid and camo designed straps. So, you can wear whichever you might prefer. Second, these are just some different color combos. Guessing it’s unlikely that someone would choose any of these as an only-watch, but if you have the dough to collect them all or match to outfits, etc, why the heck not. Believe for those looking for a more versatile ROO 44, the grey Ti, more conservative blue Platinum, and black RG will still be available. Third, since when do we bash a manufacturer for matching ceramic bezels to dials? Especially when black is still available on more conservative/versatile models.

Finally, just my experience, I have 3 APs, two of which run the 3126 and one the 4101, which is essentially a revision of the 3120. All three, and two others that I owned, previously, are/have been almost absurdly accurate (within a 1.5 seconds/day or better) and reliable. Moreover, the chronograph functions for my small sample have always worked perfectly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Greg75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 November 2018, 10:44 PM   #67
Ziperian
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP
[QUOTE=Greg75;9125752]Jeez, y’all take your color options way too seriously. First, from what I saw, it appears these will come with both solid and camo designed straps. So, you can wear whichever you might prefer. Second, these are just some different color combos. Guessing it’s unlikely that someone would choose any of these as an only-watch, but if you have the dough to collect them all or match to outfits, etc, why the heck not. Believe for those looking for a more versatile ROO 44, the grey Ti, more conservative blue Platinum, and black RG will still be available. Third, since when do we bash a manufacturer for matching ceramic bezels to dials? Especially when black is still available on more conservative/versatile models.

I agree exactly with this observation.
Old 28 November 2018, 10:57 PM   #68
subtona
"TRF" Member

Watch: APK & sometimes Y
Not so much.
Old 29 November 2018, 01:49 AM   #69
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I meant because I wasn’t a soldier so I shouldn’t play dress up like one. If I wanted to wear camo I’d join my sister in Afghanistan, not play make believe.
Who will be wearing camo after Saturday night and looking to disappear? Tyson or Deontay? Should be a cracking and insightful fight, looking forward to it!
Old 29 November 2018, 05:39 AM   #70
Marciano490
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
Who will be wearing camo after Saturday night and looking to disappear? Tyson or Deontay? Should be a cracking and insightful fight, looking forward to it!
If Fury is in shape, I think he wins pretty easily. Then beats Joshua too.
Old 29 November 2018, 06:02 AM   #71
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
If Fury is in shape, I think he wins pretty easily. Then beats Joshua too.
Really? Thought you'd be backing Wilder. Let's rumble...
Old 29 November 2018, 01:17 PM   #72
Marciano490
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Really? Thought you'd be backing Wilder. Let's rumble...
Wilder can only win one way, Fury has a few paths to victory. Again, if he’s in shape.
Old 29 November 2018, 01:47 PM   #73
Greg75
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex/JLC/AP
Wilder will win, most likely by TKO. Fury coming back to take the title after two years off, a couple of cakewalk fights, not to mention after gaining and losing all that weight, is pure myth. Feel free to PM any friendly-bet offers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Greg75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2018, 07:21 PM   #74
APAP
"TRF" Member

I really wish they make the movement of the 44 ROO a tad smaller. It would make it an instant buy for me.
APAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2018, 05:29 PM   #75
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by APAP View Post
I really wish they make the movement of the 44 ROO a tad smaller. It would make it an instant buy for me.
Surely you jest? The movement is already small for a watch of this size. I wish it was larger!

I would prefer if the entire package was offered in 40mm though not holding my breath
Old 1 December 2018, 10:47 PM   #76
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
Surely you jest? The movement is already small for a watch of this size. I wish it was larger!

I would prefer if the entire package was offered in 40mm though not holding my breath
Yeah, should be bigger, altho if you have RG then you want it smaller so you get more bang for your gold buck.
Old 2 December 2018, 10:56 PM   #77
Betta01
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkrut View Post
Finally the smaller Unico chronograph 42mm has arrived in the boutique here..
Had a Hands on, lovely size for a small wrist and beautiful construction.

Sent from my HUAWEI NXT-L29 using Tapatalk
Betta01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 December 2018, 01:42 AM   #78
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg75 View Post
Wilder will win, most likely by TKO. Fury coming back to take the title after two years off, a couple of cakewalk fights, not to mention after gaining and losing all that weight, is pure myth. Feel free to PM any friendly-bet offers.

Fury was impressive, to come back from the weight and drugs and to outbox Wilder over 12 rounds. Fight went much to plan, Wilder had the big shots but Fury was more dominant. Fury is better than I thought. I want to see him against a fit and at prime fighting weight AJ.
Old 3 December 2018, 05:55 AM   #79
Marciano490
"TRF" Member

Joshua is a class below Fury and Wilder and he knows it as well. Had Fury winning on points, but am okay spiritually with a draw due to the knockdowns.
Old 3 December 2018, 05:58 AM   #80
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Any chance of their rematch in the UK? Lennox thinks you can't win on points in USA if you're a Brit, he had Fury way ahead, as did many.
Old 3 December 2018, 06:43 AM   #81
Marciano490
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Any chance of their rematch in the UK? Lennox thinks you can't win on points in USA if you're a Brit, he had Fury way ahead, as did many.
Wilder was willing to fight Joshua there, so I don’t see why he wouldn’t fight Fury there. I think there more money in England because they could sell out a soccer stadium.

Really, really impressed with Fury’s journey and willingness to speak about it. He’s a very solid role model.
Old 3 December 2018, 07:12 PM   #82
APAP
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Yeah obviously. They just choose the easy way out. 44 ROO could easily have extended power reserve and maybe even a second complication like GMT but cost saving seems to be more important than innovation for folks in Le Brassus.
APAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 December 2018, 09:02 PM   #83
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Wilder was willing to fight Joshua there, so I don’t see why he wouldn’t fight Fury there. I think there more money in England because they could sell out a soccer stadium.

Really, really impressed with Fury’s journey and willingness to speak about it. He’s a very solid role model.
I wouldn't go that far, one of the reasons AJ is so beloved is because he is the genuine article and a good guy, Fury on the other hand has disgraced himself with racist and homophobic comments and so will never be loved, only begrudgingly respected.
Old 4 December 2018, 08:27 PM   #84
Marciano490
"TRF" Member

You don’t think Fury v Wilder would sell 80-100k seats in England? I’m sure people are willing to overlook Fury’s past statements.
Old 4 December 2018, 09:02 PM   #85
SC11
Banned

Watch: AP ☠️
Quote:
Originally Posted by APAP View Post
Yeah obviously. They just choose the easy way out. 44 ROO could easily have extended power reserve and maybe even a second complication like GMT but cost saving seems to be more important than innovation for folks in Le Brassus.
Man you’re never happy with AP

For one I understand the point of not exactly a fully in-house movement but as for size who cares it’s a movement no need to increase size to just fit the case.

As for cost saving I hardly think so as the extended power reserve or GMT function would bring a price increase to cover.

Don’t forget on the grand scheme of things AP are still a smallish manufacturer so advances are not going to be that if the level of say Rolex.
SC11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 December 2018, 09:59 PM   #86
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
You don’t think Fury v Wilder would sell 80-100k seats in England? I’m sure people are willing to overlook Fury’s past statements.
Fury v AJ would be bigger but yes that fight would be huge. He's just no role model.
Old 5 December 2018, 11:24 AM   #87
Marciano490
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Fury v AJ would be bigger but yes that fight would be huge. He's just no role model.
I fully disagree, but am happy for you that you’re in a position to disagree.
Old 5 December 2018, 12:59 PM   #88
bruinmd
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek/Rolex/GS
Quote:

Agree 100%

This is the issue: I don't get why AP hasn't figured out that the ROO 42 and 44mm models sit way too close together in terms of fit.
There is a huge market of potential buyers in the far east and in the west, with wrists less than 7cm who would love an offering of 40mm.

I asked my contact at one of the AP boutiques to please mention this to the powers that be when he went to Switzerland a couple of months ago.........FWIW. I said some of us are begging AP to come out with a ROO line that would be smaller in size. Do away with 42mm and keep a 39 or 40mm line, coupled with their 44mm line.

Regarding the RO..........for those wishing for a return to the 15300 and 39mm, I don't see that happening. AP just went up to 41mm with the 15400, and I don't see that going anywhere.
I've now owned a 15450 and a 15400, and I haven't liked the fit of either for my 6.5" wrist.
The jumbo is really the only option, and the only thing I can see AP doing is perhaps adding one or 2 more colors to the 15202, and continue to keep it very limited/exclusive.

It will be very interesting to see the new line in January......
bruinmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2019, 04:18 PM   #89
Horolojust
"TRF" Member

Sihh 2019

I’ll be the odd one here. But upon calling boutique, I’m told by boutique manager that 15400 is no more in production, and there’s a whole new lineup that’s coming up which isn’t even going to be called RO or ROO.

Horolojust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2019, 04:53 AM   #90
duc888
"TRF" Member

It would be surprising to me if that came true. The RO and the ROO are the "subs" of AP in my opinion.
duc888 is offline   Reply With Quote