The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 13 March 2023, 04:12 AM   #1
hl0m4n
"TRF" Member

Icon2 ► 43mm Offshore / 44mm DSSD Comparison

any 43mm offshore owners who also have 44mm dssd? looking for some side by side pictures between the two. thank you
hl0m4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2023, 04:32 AM   #2
BogdanS
"TRF" Member

Subscribed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BogdanS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2023, 04:44 AM   #3
Mach
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP ROO
Quote:
Originally Posted by hl0m4n View Post
any 43mm offshore owners who also have 44mm dssd? looking for some side by side pictures between the two. thank you
Hopefully, these few shots help:

Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2023, 04:55 AM   #4
hl0m4n
"TRF" Member

hey mach, thanks for pulling through these are great pictures! i too have a jc dssd and have my name for a taupe with boutique.

visually, the offshore is definitely thinner than the dssd but in reality does the shape of the case and pusher guards make the offshore that much larger on the wrist?

seeing them side by side, surprised to see the rubber strap that much wider than the bracelet.
hl0m4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2023, 05:09 AM   #5
Mach
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP ROO
Quote:
Originally Posted by hl0m4n View Post
hey mach, thanks for pulling through these are great pictures! i too have a jc dssd and have my name for a taupe with boutique.

visually, the offshore is definitely thinner than the dssd but in reality does the shape of the lugs and pusher guards make the offshore that much larger on the wrist?

seeing them side by side, impressive to see the rubber strap that much wider than the bracelet.
If you are comfortable with your JC, you should have no problem with this ROO. I don’t know how much of a commute you would have, but the NYC Boutique had an exhibition piece. I was there Monday to try it on again and got the text from my SA that evening as I was going through TSA Pre-Check at LGA!

When I received my piece on Friday, my SA grab the short strap. Although there was less tail showing, it left a bigger gap between the 10 and 11 looking down towards my wrist. I’m thankful he thought of that and we made an attempt. But in the end, I went with the regular straps.

But I’m 100% confident you can pull this off with no problem if you can comfortably wear a JC!

Best,
Mark
Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2023, 03:11 AM   #6
messikens
"TRF" Member

Funny how much more interesting the AP looks vs the JC. Also never noticed how thin the JC bracelet looks in relation to the case and how much better the integration is between the rubber strap and the case on the AP... (even though the rubber looks massive...)
messikens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2023, 01:06 PM   #7
triple.lindy
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach View Post
If you are comfortable with your JC, you should have no problem with this ROO. I don’t know how much of a commute you would have, but the NYC Boutique had an exhibition piece. I was there Monday to try it on again and got the text from my SA that evening as I was going through TSA Pre-Check at LGA!

When I received my piece on Friday, my SA grab the short strap. Although there was less tail showing, it left a bigger gap between the 10 and 11 looking down towards my wrist. I’m thankful he thought of that and we made an attempt. But in the end, I went with the regular straps.

But I’m 100% confident you can pull this off with no problem if you can comfortably wear a JC!

Best,
Mark

Congrats on the 43 Mark!
If you find that you can’t get the perfect fit, pick up one of the short straps and mix match the regular sized buckle end with the short holed end. Costly, but if a watch doesn’t fit me perfectly it drives me nuts! It gives you a slightly different fit than each set on its own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
triple.lindy is offline   Reply With Quote