The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 27 October 2022, 12:33 PM   #1
amphr1
2024 Pledge Member

How does one acquire a snoopy 50th?

I don't want it enough to pay grey. I have a short relationship with my AD. The SA is super good salesman but also he doesn't remember my name but makes you feel like he knows you, that type of guy. He's a good guy don't get me wrong. Anyway I bought a moonwatch and my wife bought about $5k of jewlery with him. I'm thinking about buying my wife an Aqua Terra soon. Should I do it through my AD? Will that be enough to get me a snoopy? I don't intend to acquire any more Omega after that. Looking for opinions and advice. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
amphr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2022, 01:39 PM   #2
ml91
"TRF" Member

You go grey cause at this point your not getting one retail
ml91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2022, 01:44 PM   #3
Doc Olives
"TRF" Member

Maybe it’s changed in the past few months but Snoopy’s at ADs are pretty uncommon things. Omega Boutiques- they have a list and maybe you can find a way to move up the list faster by buying that Aqua Terra there, but I wouldn’t expect to be able to get a Snoopy from an AD. If others have seen/heard about Snoopy’s at ADs, would love to hear about it.
Doc Olives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2022, 01:47 PM   #4
stevestil
"TRF" Member

your AD isn’t getting you a snoopy. i have a great relationship with my AD and they flat out told me omega has sent them 1 and that was only for a client who has spent multiple 6 figures and they had to escalate it to corporate to get one

they keep the snoopy for boutiques

don’t waste your time / money with hopes of getting a snoopy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
stevestil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2022, 04:07 PM   #5
JC316
"TRF" Member

You buy $50k worth of Omega at a boutique to get put on a list. At least that's what I was told in Singapore!
JC316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 October 2022, 12:51 AM   #6
nr1416
"TRF" Member

I don't think any ADs except for the rare 1 off AD has gotten a Snoopy this whole time. Omega hasn't officially came out and said it is a boutique watch. I think Omega isn't sure what they plan on doing with the future of the Snoopy because as of right now even the boutiques barely get any(maybe 1 a month), so I can see Omega opening up the taps and flooding them to all the ADs as well. For every 1 Omega boutique there has to be at least 10 Omega ADs if not more.

If anyone has more info on this, I'd love to hear about it. I ask, cause I'm one of the many people that have a deposit on 1 at my local AD in Toronto.
nr1416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 October 2022, 12:58 AM   #7
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by nr1416 View Post
I don't think any ADs except for the rare 1 off AD has gotten a Snoopy this whole time. Omega hasn't officially came out and said it is a boutique watch. I think Omega isn't sure what they plan on doing with the future of the Snoopy because as of right now even the boutiques barely get any(maybe 1 a month), so I can see Omega opening up the taps and flooding them to all the ADs as well. For every 1 Omega boutique there has to be at least 10 Omega ADs if not more.

If anyone has more info on this, I'd love to hear about it. I ask, cause I'm one of the many people that have a deposit on 1 at my local AD in Toronto.
I’m near you (Waterloo)

My recommendation is get your deposit back. I almost fell into that trap trying to buy the 321.

I was told and promised by an AD in the GTA, that if I paid a 50% deposit they could get me one … this gave me pause and after reading here that most if not all 321 we’re boutique only, I politely declined.

Not sure, as there seems to be conflicting information, but I believe the 321 is boutique only at least according to the sources I know. I’m not sure about the Snoopy …
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 October 2022, 01:20 AM   #8
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
There have been a handful of Snoopy's delivered to US AD's but not many. I know my local boutique has already said they ran through their Snoopy allocations earlier in 2022 and they aren't getting anymore unless a really big spender comes through.
texasmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 October 2022, 04:18 AM   #9
amphr1
2024 Pledge Member

Current snoopy 50th grey price is $23k. At this price what white dial (maybe some blue) Rolex would you say is a better piece?
Old 28 October 2022, 11:15 AM   #10
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by amphora001 View Post
current snoopy 50th grey price is $23k. At this price what white dial (maybe some blue) rolex would you say is a better piece?

Old 28 October 2022, 11:44 AM   #11
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
Quote:
Current snoopy 50th grey price is $23k. At this price what white dial (maybe some blue) Rolex would you say is a better piece?
Blue dial CK2998 Speedmaster at like $10k.
texasmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 October 2022, 12:39 PM   #12
amphr1
2024 Pledge Member

Currently working on a trade. Snoopy 50th for $12k + pre own tudor chrono black + pre own omega moonphase.

Old 28 October 2022, 12:41 PM   #13
amphr1
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasmade View Post
Blue dial CK2998 Speedmaster at like $10k.
Not really apples to apples

Old 28 October 2022, 01:05 PM   #14
Jack T
"TRF" Member

Watch: Several
I like the Omega brand, they make great watches; I have two, just bought an Aqua Terra last week. For some reason the Speedmaster has never really appealed to me, and I’m sure not going to stretch for a version that’s so desirable simply because it has a cartoon character on it.
Old 28 October 2022, 09:49 PM   #15
stevestil
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Currently working on a trade. Snoopy 50th for $12k + pre own tudor chrono black + pre own omega moonphase.

you’re giving 12 k plus two watches?

stevestil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2022, 01:55 AM   #16
amphr1
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestil View Post
you’re giving 12 k plus two watches?

Yeah the moonphase is worth like $6.5. The Tudor chrono like $5.8k according to chrono24, so you know it's a lot less when you actually try to sell it. So I figure the 2 watches are worth 10k. They offered 11.5k cash addition. So dealer value the snoopy from my calculations about 21.5k. Adding $500 for them to handle all shipping related cost.

Old 29 October 2022, 02:03 AM   #17
Beo3
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: Too Many
In Rome last month they had TWO Snoopy's (actually saw them) but refused to sell one to me.

Was told that they were reserved for "good customers".
Beo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2022, 02:03 AM   #18
sasuke
"TRF" Member

I was lucky to receive one from boutique with only purchase history of a moonwatch. But with current market price of around $20k for BNIB, I think it's worth the premium versus trying to get one from boutique which is impossible.
sasuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2022, 02:16 AM   #19
2001jesper
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116234
You might have a chance in a boutique, but not in a multi-brand AD - however think the ship has sailed tbd
2001jesper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2022, 02:54 AM   #20
amphr1
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasuke View Post
I was lucky to receive one from boutique with only purchase history of a moonwatch. But with current market price of around $20k for BNIB, I think it's worth the premium versus trying to get one from boutique which is impossible.
wow
Old 29 October 2022, 04:26 AM   #21
sasuke
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack T View Post
I like the Omega brand, they make great watches; I have two, just bought an Aqua Terra last week. For some reason the Speedmaster has never really appealed to me, and I’m sure not going to stretch for a version that’s so desirable simply because it has a cartoon character on it.
My speedy does not get much wrist time due to Rolex sports model just wears more comfortable on the wrist.

However when travelling to places like Vegas, I bring the puppy just because chances of running into another one is rare.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg snoop.JPG (53.0 KB, 1092 views)
Old 29 October 2022, 04:34 AM   #22
HJZS2K
"TRF" Member

I have not been a fan of local to me Omega boutiques so I prefer to just deal with my AD and accepting that I unlikely will get a snoopy at retail. Last I visited an Omega boutique where I had placed my name on the list about 13 or 14 months ago, I was told that they never submitted my name because I am not a high profile client. I was encouraged to spend 30 to 35k worth before they'll consider submitting me, after all that time waiting. So to answer your question, 35k to get on a list (1 to 3 clients per month) to be approved to receive a snoopy, eventually.

While contemplating on purchasing and asking for some straps tossed in as a gesture, I was also told no discounts and no freebies. While this may sound entitled, I was quite annoyed and asked if they'd be willing to lose a client entirely, to which their response was "we lose customers all the time". So I walked and would rather just order from the site and deal with my known AD.
HJZS2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2022, 06:23 AM   #23
amphr1
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasuke View Post
My speedy does not get much wrist time due to Rolex sports model just wears more comfortable on the wrist.

However when travelling to places like Vegas, I bring the puppy just because chances of running into another one is rare.
How does it feel between the blue fabric strap vs bracelet? I was thinking of getting a generic nato from Omega and save whatever strap/bracelet it'll come with
Old 29 October 2022, 09:04 AM   #24
sasuke
"TRF" Member

Quote:
How does it feel between the blue fabric strap vs bracelet? I was thinking of getting a generic nato from Omega and save whatever strap/bracelet it'll come with
The oem strap is quite stiff and requires time to break in. The Apollo 13 bracelet is super comfortable.
Old 29 October 2022, 10:41 AM   #25
Doc Olives
"TRF" Member

I feel like this whole thread was an effort to have someone create this:
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg E565CD27-8EB3-445A-877C-90D527839859.jpeg (60.7 KB, 1036 views)
Doc Olives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2022, 10:59 AM   #26
red1108nyc
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex
Quote:
Not really apples to apples

It is true. They look nothing alike :-)

red1108nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2022, 11:06 AM   #27
amphr1
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1108nyc View Post
It is true. They look nothing alike :-)

Ok u win. Well I still want the new one.

Old 29 October 2022, 11:55 AM   #28
red1108nyc
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex
From what I gathered from speaking to the boutique, their current mission in U.S. is to satisfy everyone on the OB waiting list with a deposit. At my boutique, there are roughly 15-20 waiting on top of the ones already has a deposit down.

Delivery will cease once all the watches are delivered within next year or two so they can focus on the next anniversary limited edition. With the market down, I think trying to buy one in secondary market at cheapest price possible may be the fastest path to enjoyment.

Good luck on your trade and mission
red1108nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2022, 01:17 PM   #29
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Olives View Post
I feel like this whole thread was an effort to have someone create this:
macrowatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2022, 10:37 PM   #30
Dhiren
"TRF" Member

How does one acquire a snoopy 50th?

Got mine from the AD in about 3 months since I should interest in it.
AD wrote to Omega India requesting a watch for me as he knows that I am a collector and a potential good catch for future business. I have done business with him in the past 2-3 ladies watches and a Bvlgari.
From what I understood from him was that they have to send in a request for the same to the Omega reps in India and they approve it and ship it to them once approved.
He also told me that the Omega rep may write to me to check on the credentials and personal information etc.

I guess this was being done to keep the flippers and greys out of the equation.

Got the watch on 20Th October not yet worn it looking for a special occasion to wear it !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Dhiren is offline   Reply With Quote