The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Panerai Discussion Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 8 October 2017, 05:09 AM   #1
chemistman
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR, Exp II, SubC
I'm done with Panerai

Finally

My collection is complete (for now lol)

After a few years into watches, I've noticed how much i have changed.

Started with Rolex,then very quickly spread into other brands, omega, iwc, brietling, sinn, grand seiko..All your usual suspects.

At one point it all just seem too much. I started to wonder if I am collecting just for the sake of collecting, and not buying what my heart truly desires. Having to switch between 10+ watches, winding / setting them (especially the more complicated pieces)-believe me it's a chore and definitely add more stress to daily life lol.

So consolidate into 3-4 pieces then!!! like most people I looked into the big 3. VC was never my cup of tea, so it's out.

Tried Patek aquanaut- yes a classic but just does not make a statement enough. It actually feel tinny when I handled it. Gorgeous movement nevertheless. Tried calatrava, nice but it's too dressy for a person who only wears shirt and suit once a year.

So ended up with a 42mm white AP diver. Gee the watch was beautiful ! But that's it's curse. Bezel scratches too easily even with careful wear. Regardless of what people tell you this watch does not look nice scratched up lol. The rubber used on crown and gasket felt tofu like and you can easily rub it off like an eraser lol . Quickest flip ever.

Then considered PM rolex. Tried the yellow gold GMT - omg straight out gangster, no thanks lol.

Then I saw 690.

-Unique Blue dial ( for now-until Panerai pump out another hundred runs of limited edition =P )

-Minimalistic beauty, no date, no nonsense

-Robust design, can be worn daily without worry, ages well.

-Core panerai, simplicity at it's best

DONE!!!!

Thanks all =)

chemistman is offline   Reply With Quote