The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 21 December 2018, 10:37 AM   #31
JR16
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by galtinuk View Post
With respect, and apologies if I am taking your post too literally, Idon't think the platinum version is a "step up" really as much as it is a different watch completely.

The larger case is only better for those wanting a larger watch. Personally I prefer the smaller case and in fact would even like a 38 if I could get one. Case size of course is simply a matter of preference.

The rarity of the Tantulum case is one of the things that make the watch special. Sure, the Tantulum is not more expensive per ounce...just alot more expensive to craft into a case and buckle. Same is true for the dial. Very different styles, but the Bleu dial is alot harder to make.

This is not to say the CS is a bad choice--in fact it is a great watch and different than the CB.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Agree with your sentiments- initially I was shooting for the CS platinum but when I tried it on, it was just a bit too big for my wrist and taste. Tried to find an older 38mm CS but during the process tried on a pre-owned CB and fell in love (and got it). So agree, it’s not all hype- there’s a reason there is a wait list now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
JR16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2018, 11:10 AM   #32
dwatcher
Banned

Watch: Luxury Watches
Its been hard to get over the past couple of years. Yet to be seen how the future performance plays out however, this owner is extremely happy with the Chrono bleu.
dwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2018, 12:23 PM   #33
Jay (Eire)
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by _speedmaster_ View Post
I wish that were the case. But that's not what the NYC boutique told me.
Entirely wrong information then. I'm pretty sure I heard this from an FPJ rep though.

Anyway, it's a great watch, worth a wait.
Jay (Eire) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2018, 12:28 PM   #34
Jay (Eire)
2024 Pledge Member

I've said it before, the CB and CS (any size) are different enough that there's room for both in a collection. I don't believe either one is superior to the other.

I've owned a CB for a good while now and have been looking for the "right" 38mm CS to add to the pile.
Old 21 December 2018, 01:37 PM   #35
Slider817
"TRF" Member

Watch: Journe, AP & Lange
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay (Eire) View Post
I've said it before, the CB and CS (any size) are different enough that there's room for both in a collection. I don't believe either one is superior to the other.

I've owned a CB for a good while now and have been looking for the "right" 38mm CS to add to the pile.
Two manual wind three hand Journes in the collection? So many more watches from the brand, the whole Octa line, Centigraphe, Vagabondage?
Slider817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2018, 01:51 PM   #36
vlps
"TRF" Member

i think the classic 38mm fpjourne size is the most collectible. i like the chrono bleu tho because its a quirky 39mm and unique case material in tantalum
vlps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2018, 10:18 PM   #37
Jay (Eire)
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slider817 View Post
Two manual wind three hand Journes in the collection? So many more watches from the brand, the whole Octa line, Centigraphe, Vagabondage?

I also own a Resonance and a Vagabondage but that’s irrelevant, my point was the CS and CB are not anywhere near the same watch and different enough to have both in a collection and would be a Journe collection in their own right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk