The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 1 December 2017, 09:35 PM   #1
DennTs
"TRF" Member

Watch: flik flak
AP Diver issue

hi watch lover,

i need your input with my AP ROO Diver. i have watch for couple months now, but i do have love and hate relationship with the watch.

love the design and the look, but it hurt when i wear it. i bought this watch new.

do you guys has experience this? has anyone here ever change the rubber to the old version ROO rubber strap with deployant buckle?

i am trying so hard to save this watch in my collection. any input would appreciated.

thank you in advance.
DennTs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2017, 09:40 PM   #2
Star Ferry
Banned

Why does it hurt when you wear it? If the reason is too loose or too tight, you can buy a different length strap from AP
Star Ferry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2017, 09:43 PM   #3
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP Royal Oak
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennTs View Post
hi watch lover,

i need your input with my AP ROO Diver. i have watch for couple months now, but i do have love and hate relationship with the watch.

love the design and the look, but it hurt when i wear it. i bought this watch new.

do you guys has experience this? has anyone here ever change the rubber to the old version ROO rubber strap with deployant buckle?

i am trying so hard to save this watch in my collection. any input would appreciated.

thank you in advance.

A good friend of mine wears his Diver on a hornback strap with deployant buckle. He finds it very comfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AshAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2017, 09:50 PM   #4
DennTs
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Ferry View Post
Why does it hurt when you wear it? If the reason is too loose or too tight, you can buy a different length strap from AP
the rubber seems too stiff. if i put to tight, it hurt my wrist. if i put too lose, looks so bad.

needs some help on this
Old 1 December 2017, 09:51 PM   #5
DennTs
"TRF" Member

i prefer this on rubber, so i wont hesitate to take to the beach or swim with it. thanks for the feedback with the hornback.
Old 1 December 2017, 11:55 PM   #6
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
I prefer the tang but switch to deployant and see, shame to sell a watch you love until you try all the avenues of wear. Also you can flip the deployant round so try it both ways. Maybe try this on the tang too.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 December 2017, 12:33 AM   #7
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
I’ve never heard any complaints about the comfort of the diver and most agree the tang is the more comfortable option of the two.

You might need to move along unfortunately.
Old 2 December 2017, 01:10 AM   #8
m32
"TRF" Member

Give it some time. I too felt my RB2 was a little uncomfortable at first after I switched to a rubber (Diver) short strap. The watch would be either too tight (hole 6) or too loose (hole 5). I've found out that (for me), I was wearing it wrong as I was having it sit too close to my wrist, which made the watch not only hit my hand but also look smaller. If I wore it a little further behind my wrist (hole 5), it fit way more comfortable and looked better on me.

Edwin
m32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 December 2017, 01:25 AM   #9
HK Islandboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP
How big is your wrist?
HK Islandboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 December 2017, 04:30 AM   #10
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
the rubber seems too stiff. if i put to tight, it hurt my wrist. if i put too lose, looks so bad.

needs some help on this
get a different sized strap. It seems as though your ideal fit is between holes. One is too tight and the other hole is too loose. You need a regular length strap on one side and a short strap on the other and that way you can probably find a better fit.

For sure, the black diver rubber strap is a lot stiffer and rough feeling than the black rubber for the 44's. Im not sure how the other rubber straps are for the 42's but maybe look into a different color. Even on the 44's, depending on the color, the softness of the different rubber straps varies considerably.
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 December 2017, 08:45 AM   #11
bayerische
"TRF" Member

Watch: Smurf
Had the same problem.
Old 2 December 2017, 09:14 AM   #12
Peterandwatches
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5167/15400/Sub/JLC
Some watches for some people just hurt to wear unfortunately.
Peterandwatches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 December 2017, 10:06 AM   #13
DennTs
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK Islandboy View Post
How big is your wrist?
7 inch
Old 2 December 2017, 10:31 AM   #14
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
get a different sized strap. It seems as though your ideal fit is between holes. One is too tight and the other hole is too loose. You need a regular length strap on one side and a short strap on the other and that way you can probably find a better fit.

For sure, the black diver rubber strap is a lot stiffer and rough feeling than the black rubber for the 44's. Im not sure how the other rubber straps are for the 42's but maybe look into a different color. Even on the 44's, depending on the color, the softness of the different rubber straps varies considerably.
I would do this too if you are in between , get both straps and mix and match all combos.
Old 2 December 2017, 10:35 AM   #15
ros
"TRF" Member

Watch: Audemars Piguet
Wouldn't the deployant be worse? Tang definitely more comfortable than the deployant.
ros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 December 2017, 10:55 AM   #16
aquatimerfla
Banned

Quote:
hi watch lover,

thank you in advance.
That sucks. My AP Diver is the most comfortable watch I own. I own the latest version with sapphire back.

my wrist is 7.5"
aquatimerfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 December 2017, 01:35 PM   #17
HK Islandboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP
Quote:
7 inch
I’ve got a 7” wrist also and my diver wears comfortably with the regular rubber strap at the second from the last hole. However, wrist shape will also influence how comfortably the watch sits.

as others have suggested a combination of regular and short straps may work - I need to do that for my ROO 44
HK Islandboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 December 2017, 06:26 PM   #18
Xerxes77
Banned

Ussualy the tang is most confortable
Go and try another size of strap xs or xl
Xerxes77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 December 2017, 10:01 PM   #19
911Turbo
"TRF" Member

I am a new owner of a ROO Diver as well and living in South Florida I find that the rubber strap tends to make my wrist behind the watch get very sweaty. I am already looking for a new band option.
911Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 December 2017, 10:23 PM   #20
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP Royal Oak
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911Turbo View Post
I am a new owner of a ROO Diver as well and living in South Florida I find that the rubber strap tends to make my wrist behind the watch get very sweaty. I am already looking for a new band option.

Too much information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AshAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 December 2017, 01:17 AM   #21
DennTs
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayerische View Post
Had the same problem.
sad to hear about this. it is so sad to have watch that we love that did not work out well.
Old 3 December 2017, 01:18 AM   #22
DennTs
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post

thanks for this input. do you know how much to get the extra strap?
Old 3 December 2017, 01:19 AM   #23
DennTs
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquatimerfla View Post
That sucks. My AP Diver is the most comfortable watch I own. I own the latest version with sapphire back.

my wrist is 7.5"
mine is the same, and glad to hear that work for you
Old 3 December 2017, 03:42 AM   #24
dc98354
"TRF" Member

I have a small wrist and ordered an XS strap form AP and its very comfortable. I think I paid around $320 for it.
dc98354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 December 2017, 04:27 AM   #25
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Should be around $300.
Old 3 December 2017, 04:11 PM   #26
wulin
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP,AP,Rolex,IWC
Icon17

I had the same problems with the rubber strap and almost gave up the watch, but saved the watch with steel bracelet.

I tried all 3 options and bracelet is IMO the most comfortable because it hugs my wrist better than straps and eliminates the top-heavy feel. Its smoothness also makes it easier to slide in/out of cuff unlike straps. I also got a 1.5 link for the ultimate fit.

The potential problem is that ROO with bracelet will be heavy. It weights more than an all gold Rolex, but less than a Platona. The weight is noticeable most of time but I'm fine with it.

IMG_1641.JPG

IMG_1637.JPG

IMG_1644.JPG

IMG_1646.JPG
wulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 December 2017, 08:52 PM   #27
DennTs
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wulin View Post
I had the same problems with the rubber strap and almost gave up the watch, but saved the watch with steel bracelet.

I tried all 3 options and bracelet is IMO the most comfortable because it hugs my wrist better than straps and eliminates the top-heavy feel. Its smoothness also makes it easier to slide in/out of cuff unlike straps. I also got a 1.5 link for the ultimate fit.

The potential problem is that ROO with bracelet will be heavy. It weights more than an all gold Rolex, but less than a Platona. The weight is noticeable most of time but I'm fine with it.

Attachment 909328

Attachment 909329

Attachment 909330

Attachment 909331
that looks absolute amazing. may i know how much you paid for the ss bracelet? did you go thru AP service centre or aftermarket OEM?
Old 3 December 2017, 09:03 PM   #28
conkers
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many!
Horus make thinner rubber straps for APs. Much more flexible but quality not as good as OEM.
Old 3 December 2017, 09:07 PM   #29
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
that looks absolute amazing. may i know how much you paid for the ss bracelet? did you go thru AP service centre or aftermarket OEM?
I would go through APSC. Not sure on specific cost, but im pretty sure its less or at least comparable to a replacement SS bracelet for a Rolex. Not a bad value in comparison considering the watch is worth 2X more.
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2017, 02:35 PM   #30
wulin
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP,AP,Rolex,IWC
Quote:
Got it from AP. The price is about $2400 brand new. It might be pricey but I know it's 100% authentic and it gave the watch a new life.
wulin is offline   Reply With Quote