The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 6 September 2018, 06:04 AM   #1
Rallyboat
"TRF" Member

AD deliveries

With all this talk of ad's not having any stock (well the watches we all want) how often do you think they get deliveries and how many of each watch do they get.
Rallyboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2018, 06:07 AM   #2
123Blueface
"TRF" Member

Watch: All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rallyboat View Post
With all this talk of ad's not having any stock (well the watches we all want) how often do you think they get deliveries and how many of each watch do they get.
They are getting them, just not as they use to and now games are played by them going to the secondary market or held in the back, out of sight, until you spend lots of money on other stuff with them. I am living proof of that this past weekend.

Went back to pick up wife’s ring after sizing and told due to my considerable purchase, I am now at the top for the next of any I want. Perhaps BS, perhaps true. We will see. Asked for a SS BLRO, a white dial Daytona C or a Hulk, or all three. Time will tell.
123Blueface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2018, 06:08 AM   #3
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

they get more than they tell you. Even good AD's dont tell people who dont need to know. That way you are not disappointed when they say "we got 8 daytonas over the past few months but its still not your turn yet as there are still more important customers to get through"
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2018, 06:09 AM   #4
Carry The Interest
"TRF" Member

Watch: RLX, ALS
I've heard from a variety of local ADs they get deliveries every two weeks. Regarding visibility, I've heard mixed things. Some have told me they don't exactly know what they are getting (I guess that would suggest no manifest is sent in advance) while others say they are notified ahead of time if they are receiving specific pieces (e.g., AD requests an LV in an upcoming shipment and they are getting an LV). Given some folks' incoming stories here (e.g., "my AD says its arriving tomorrow/this week/etc.") I am guessing the latter is likely true.
Carry The Interest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2018, 06:15 AM   #5
travisb
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes..
Mine gets 1 delivery a week.
Mixed as far as what is in each one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
travisb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2018, 06:15 AM   #6
amilch
"TRF" Member

It all depends how much you are willing to spend. When I first asked about a Daytona I was told there was 5-6 years wait. However, since I purchased my wife jewelry and couple non hot pieces the wait was brought down to 2 months....
amilch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2018, 06:21 AM   #7
easterbunny
"TRF" Member

I should have sold my fiancee harder on the custom engagement rings at my AD. She thought their style and design was archaic and boring and we moved on (to a non AD). Had I only known the power of spending and it's effect on my waiting list spot.
easterbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2018, 06:32 AM   #8
Swiss Mad!
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
Money talks my friend....never has this been truer than with your friendly neighborhood AD...
Quote:
Originally Posted by easterbunny View Post
I should have sold my fiancee harder on the custom engagement rings at my AD. She thought their style and design was archaic and boring and we moved on (to a non AD). Had I only known the power of spending and it's effect on my waiting list spot.
Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

instagram: max.parkin
Swiss Mad! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2018, 06:35 AM   #9
Radix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I chuckle when imagining her thoughts if she were to read this.
Radix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2018, 06:35 AM   #10
123Blueface
"TRF" Member

Watch: All
Quote:
Originally Posted by amilch View Post
It all depends how much you are willing to spend. When I first asked about a Daytona I was told there was 5-6 years wait. However, since I purchased my wife jewelry and couple non hot pieces the wait was brought down to 2 months....
Quote:
Truly sad this is what is going on but thanks to wife wanting that ring, I got my BLNR.
123Blueface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2018, 06:40 AM   #11
BT1985
"TRF" Member

My 10th wedding anniversary is next year and you better believe I’m going dangle that jewelry purchase like a fat carrot. Pretty much the only time you have some leverage. Is it bad that I am basing where I buy something for my wife solely on who will put a Daytona on my wrist?

BT1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2018, 06:44 AM   #12
Brian Page
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BT1985 View Post
My 10th wedding anniversary is next year and you better believe I’m going dangle that jewelry purchase like a fat carrot. Pretty much the only time you have some leverage. Is it bad that I am basing where I buy something for my wife solely on who will put a Daytona on my wrist?

NO! Go for it!
Brian Page is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2018, 06:46 AM   #13
BT1985
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Page View Post
NO! Go for it!

Ok good. I figured I would get the answer I was looking for here.

BT1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2018, 06:47 AM   #14
T01
"TRF" Member

Make no mistake, the deliveries come in, the contents are what have changed.
T01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2018, 06:48 AM   #15
ZOOK
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radix View Post
I chuckle when imagining her thoughts if she were to read this.

Probably easier to find another fiancee than a S/S Rolex.

ZOOK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2018, 06:53 AM   #16
easterbunny
"TRF" Member

hahaha
easterbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2018, 07:41 AM   #17
yuk0nxl1
"TRF" Member

AD are still getting deliveries, but with less say of what can have. I've had a few ADs tell me that all Professional models are now allocated pieces.

I was listening to the Watch and Listen podcast recently where the host, Matt Farrah, went into a Rolex boutique and asked the same question. Their response was they will receive 1 professional model for every 7 non-professional models sold. The dealer does not get to pick what professional model they will receive.

This rate could could vary with the AD'S 'relationship' with the manufacturer, or it could be a pack of lies. Either way I'm happy I picked up my Submariner earlier this year, even though I can't wear it until my anniversary in a few weeks.

yuk0nxl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2018, 08:24 AM   #18
G.D.BeanCounter
Banned

Watch: Sky DayDate 2
One of my local ADs says that Rolex has already notified them of their allocation of watches (not specific watches, but quantity) for the rest of the year. Sounds like the last quarter of 2018 will look a lot like the same time last year... slim pickings for the holidays!
G.D.BeanCounter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2018, 09:26 AM   #19
mdubya
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.D.BeanCounter View Post
One of my local ADs says that Rolex has already notified them of their allocation of watches (not specific watches, but quantity) for the rest of the year. Sounds like the last quarter of 2018 will look a lot like the same time last year... slim pickings for the holidays!
Ive heard this from more than 1 AD as well...

Including "Rolex just told me I'm only getting 10 Subs this year... but I dont even know how many I've already received and dont feel like going through the records to check"... lol
mdubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2018, 12:26 PM   #20
BLNR1
"TRF" Member

That depends on how many they offload to the grey market folks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rallyboat View Post
BLNR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2018, 12:32 PM   #21
jenedla
"TRF" Member

Watch: can't choose
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.D.BeanCounter View Post
I just recently heard the same...
jenedla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2018, 06:25 PM   #22
Shakini
"TRF" Member

Watch: TBB (red), YMR
Deliveries seem to be coming through weekly to some of the London dealers. I see the windows being updated with whatever gets delivered. The dealers don't seem to know what is coming through however. Even with the lesser in demand models that appear to sit in the windows for longer, the ADs do not know (or want to say) what is being delivered.
Old 18 September 2018, 07:01 PM   #23
The GMT Master
"TRF" Member

Monthly deliveries, depending on the dealership they go direct to the store or go via the head office to be rationed out accordingly. Watches will be offered, any steel sports models are effectively compulsory (no bad thing right now), and others (i.e. Datejusts, Day-Dates) can be taken or rejected at the dealership's discretion. This may (and probably will) vary from country to country. For dealerships getting direct deliveries, they will know precisely what is coming a couple of weeks in advance. For the big chains, they'll probably be in the dark

Chris
The GMT Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2018, 07:05 PM   #24
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakini View Post
Deliveries seem to be coming through weekly to some of the London dealers. I see the windows being updated with whatever gets delivered. The dealers don't seem to know what is coming through however. Even with the lesser in demand models that appear to sit in the windows for longer, the ADs do not know (or want to say) what is being delivered.
if they are making the window thats good news.

FWIW my AD just did a big renovation to feature Rolex more heavily and they said post renovation they are getting more watches. Not sure if its long term or just short term but they linked it with the capital they just spend redesigning the store.
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2018, 08:02 PM   #25
Shakini
"TRF" Member

Watch: TBB (red), YMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
if they are making the window thats good news.

FWIW my AD just did a big renovation to feature Rolex more heavily and they said post renovation they are getting more watches. Not sure if its long term or just short term but they linked it with the capital they just spend redesigning the store.
The most common SS additions I have seen are the Explorer 1, Explorer 2, YM 37mm, YM 40mm, YM2 and Milgauss models. There have been a couple of double look moments on a TT Blue Sub and a DSSD in the WoS window but they don't last longer than a day...
Old 18 September 2018, 08:29 PM   #26
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by The GMT Master View Post
Monthly deliveries, depending on the dealership they go direct to the store or go via the head office to be rationed out accordingly. Watches will be offered, any steel sports models are effectively compulsory (no bad thing right now), and others (i.e. Datejusts, Day-Dates) can be taken or rejected at the dealership's discretion. This may (and probably will) vary from country to country. For dealerships getting direct deliveries, they will know precisely what is coming a couple of weeks in advance. For the big chains, they'll probably be in the dark

Chris

Bet you're glad you're out of all that.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2018, 09:21 PM   #27
The GMT Master
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post

Bet you're glad you're out of all that.
Certainly in the current climate!
The GMT Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2018, 11:47 PM   #28
W.watches
"TRF" Member

From what I've heard from a local AD is that I need to purchase at least 3 none-Rolex brands before I can be set on the "serious" list for Rolex popular watches such as the Daytona, Pepsi, Batman or Hulk for example.
W.watches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2018, 03:07 AM   #29
Nikrnic
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blnr, Expll, Subs,
It took three weeks to the day for my DJ41 to come in. Pre paid, allocated piece.
Nikrnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2018, 03:07 AM   #30
CoveWatch
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & AP
As frequently as every couple weeks is what I've heard from a couple store Managers also.. but again as many have mentioned, they don't always disclose the most accurate information so we can only take it for what it is
CoveWatch is offline   Reply With Quote