The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 9 September 2018, 09:49 PM   #1
redimp
"TRF" Member

Watch: Omega PO Ti
Omega Planet Ocean Divers Extension Issue

Hi, I purchased my grey 43.5mm Titanium Omega Planet Ocean a few months ago and love it because it's not the normal black or blue bezel, I've owned Rolex Subs and decided it's time for a change. The clasp is extendable similar to the Rolex gluidelock which is excellent but for some reason Omega kept the divers extension which I find continually unclips and I regularly hear the click of it unclipping and have to press the clasp to re engage it. I also find 90% of the time I put this watch on the divers extension has come undone. Does anybody know is this is normal with the Planet Ocean.
Attached Files
File Type: wmv IMG_5905.......wmv (7.67 MB, 10 views)
redimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2018, 10:05 PM   #2
ThatExplorer
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060
No that’s not normal at all. My PO clasp is super crisp and take a bit (small amount) to get it to lock in and it doesn’t move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ThatExplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2018, 10:16 PM   #3
redimp
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatExplorer View Post
No that’s not normal at all. My PO clasp is super crisp and take a bit (small amount) to get it to lock in and it doesn’t move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wonder if it's something to do with the redesigned clasp.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5907.jpg (194.0 KB, 149 views)
Old 9 September 2018, 11:34 PM   #4
fskywalker
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Is Ticking !
Quote:
Originally Posted by redimp View Post
Hi, I purchased my grey 43.5mm Titanium Omega Planet Ocean a few months ago and love it because it's not the normal black or blue bezel, I've owned Rolex Subs and decided it's time for a change. The clasp is extendable similar to the Rolex gluidelock which is excellent but for some reason Omega kept the divers extension which I find continually unclips and I regularly hear the click of it unclipping and have to press the clasp to re engage it. I also find 90% of the time I put this watch on the divers extension has come undone. Does anybody know is this is normal with the Planet Ocean.

That is not normal. Check if the diver extension is locking in place when closed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zenith 02.470.405
Henry Archer Eclipse

2FA security enabled
fskywalker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2018, 12:12 AM   #5
mactruck
"TRF" Member

Mine does that on my titanium PO. My solution was to buy another clasp that does not have the divers extension. :(
mactruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2018, 12:24 AM   #6
redimp
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fskywalker View Post
That is not normal. Check if the diver extension is locking in place when closed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
My PO clasp has two small locking pips each side aparently they are now ceramic for less wear, they click into position with a positive click but the force exerted on them when I bend my wrist causes them to click out for example when I get out of a chair pushing on the arm wrests.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5909.jpg (169.2 KB, 125 views)
Old 19 September 2018, 07:11 PM   #7
redimp
"TRF" Member

At last I found the reason my divers extension keeps unclipping. I returned the watch to Omega at their cost and after they claimed I wasn't closing the extension correctly, I persuaded them this isn't the case. After I got the Customer Services Team Lead to put the watch on and move their wrist about they encountered the extension unclipping. I now have the watch back with a new clasp fitted and the old clasp was also returned to me. The photo shows that whilst Omega claim this isn't a recognised fault they have changed the design of the micro adjustment clasp divers extension such that the the slot that engages with the pin to lock the extension closed has been angled back slightly and narrowed to stop the extension unintentionally unclipping. That's how misleading a prestige brand like Omega are.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6003.jpg (157.5 KB, 91 views)
Old 19 September 2018, 07:36 PM   #8
AEC
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Idiot Savant
Interesting! Sorry to hear that you were one of the people who had to live with a malfunctioning clasp until Omega realized there was a problem, but I guess it's good to see that there apparently really was a problem, and perhaps now a real solution.

Hope you'll check back to let us know how it goes.
AEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2018, 08:46 PM   #9
redimp
"TRF" Member

It's a common issue on the Omega micro adjust clasp, many people have been fobbed off by Omega and they've innocently accepted it, I'm hoping this post will give other owners the evidence to take the matter up with Omega again. I've posted the same info on the Omega forum where there's a string on this very issue....