The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 10 September 2021, 04:15 PM   #31
Ny325
"TRF" Member

Watch: DW-5600BB
Looks interesting. However, no Ford for me.
Ny325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2021, 06:04 PM   #32
DLRIDES
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Me
) Horrid build quality issues
) Twin turbo small cu in gas ICE = long term maintenance costs disaster.

In a few years owners will be saying “It’s a great car, just don’t own one out of warranty !” Which is code for “Its a POS and I made a bad decision, you should too so I don’t look even more stupid than I am .’

Old 10 September 2021, 06:27 PM   #33
Speedbird-1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLRIDES View Post
In 2021, how does that happen, with so many good manufacturers to 'mirror'...Honda....Toyota....etc.

USA Labour costs/shortcuts perhaps?
Speedbird-1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2021, 06:40 PM   #34
330ci
"TRF" Member

According to the Tinder Thots, Jeeps are out and Broncos are in. I'd be swimming in tail if I had a Bronco not hangin around TRF
330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2021, 07:20 PM   #35
DLRIDES

Watch: Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedbird-1 View Post
In 2021, how does that happen, with so many good manufacturers to 'mirror'...Honda....Toyota....etc.

Dunno why they would duplicate the Edsel experience.

Most auto manufacturers aspire to make more money, not be Honda or Toyota. I recently heard an automotive executive answer a question about reliability and longevity with : “Well, you know John, the average consumer replaces their car before 75,000 miles, so we build to satisfy our consumer.”

That just might be a sign !

Old 10 September 2021, 07:27 PM   #36
Speedbird-1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Dunno why they would duplicate the Edsel experience.

Most auto manufacturers aspire to make more money, not be Honda or Toyota. I recently heard an automotive executive answer a question about reliability and longevity with : “Well, you know John, the average consumer replaces their car before 75,000 miles, so we build to satisfy our consumer.”

That just might be a sign !

'Built in obsolescence'......''twas ever so.
Speedbird-1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2021, 08:01 PM   #37
George58
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek Aquanaut
Fix Or Repair Daily FORD im a toyota owner tundra and a tacoma for years
George58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2021, 09:10 PM   #38
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedbird-1 View Post

I have a Kia, Jeep, Acura and Toyota and the Toyota far and away has had the most problems, mechanical and otherwise. Although Honda/Acura still does a nice job on quality I believe Toyota has slipped a few notches. My coworker has a relatively new Hignlander that has spent the last month in the shop. Just sayin'

I've never owned a Ford or GM product but design-wise they really did a nice job with the Bronco. Waiting to '22 or '23 MY may be the way to go with this one.
samson66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2021, 09:14 PM   #39
1William

Watch: Rolex/Others
I like the full size Bronco but have not seen one in person yet. I have seen several Sport models and have not been impressed. They just disappear in a sea of other smaller vehicles but I am sure there is a market for them. I have watched the videos on You Tube from what I consider to be legitimate reviewers and found them to be confusing in the models and trim levels. Add in the difficulty in obtaining one and the Quality Control issues and you are back to a typical American made vehicle in new model year mode. I will keep an open mind as they move forward but doubt I would buy one, or a Jeep for that matter.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2021, 09:49 PM   #40
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by samson66 View Post
I have a Kia, Jeep, Acura and Toyota and the Toyota far and away has had the most problems, mechanical and otherwise. Although Honda/Acura still does a nice job on quality I believe Toyota has slipped a few notches. My coworker has a relatively new Hignlander that has spent the last month in the shop. Just sayin'

I've never owned a Ford or GM product but design-wise they really did a nice job with the Bronco. Waiting to '22 or '23 MY may be the way to go with this one.

The trick is to buy the ones still made in Japan. 4runner, GX460, LX.

I just think turbos and heavy vehicles equals better gas mileage but more upkeep. I think a decade on the abundance of turbos will be viewed as a transitory phase where manufacturers tried to make ICE efficient enough to meet CAFE standards before the transition to EV at the cost of a durable product worth owning long term.
Old 10 September 2021, 11:50 PM   #41
904VT
"TRF" Member

Watch: All Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by East Bay Rider View Post
Cool. Got pics?
Yes. But sorry I’ve given up on uploading any pics here with the sizing issues and I’m not an app user (supposedly easier via app). Velocity Blue 4 door. The IFS front, solid axel rear is a winner though in ride quality/capability trade-off
904VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2021, 11:53 PM   #42
Mendota
"TRF" Member

Watch: OP36 Blue 3-6-9
Quote:
Saw a few of these at the beach over Labor Day weekend. Previously had not interest in the revamped Bronco but I have to say after seeing a couple I'm intrigued. Anyone own one of these? If so what are your impressions? I'm a previous Wrangler owner and like the idea of a viable alternative to the sea of Jeeps out there.

That's a cool looking truck!
Mendota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2021, 11:54 PM   #43
Mendota
"TRF" Member

Watch: OP36 Blue 3-6-9
Quote:
Originally Posted by George58 View Post
Fix Or Repair Daily FORD im a toyota owner tundra and a tacoma for years
Found
On
Road
Dead

Williams and Ree (spelling?) had a comedy sketch back when I was a kid (late '70s or early '80s) where they went through car maker names and came up with acronyms. Some are NSFW and could never be said today, but some are funny.
Mendota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2021, 11:55 PM   #44
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 904VT View Post
Yes. But sorry I’ve given up on uploading any pics here with the sizing issues and I’m not an app user (supposedly easier via app). Velocity Blue 4 door. The IFS front, solid axel rear is a winner though in ride quality/capability trade-off
Try imgur.com for photo hosting. I would LOVE to see some photos of your truck. I bet it's a beauty!
Old 11 September 2021, 12:00 AM   #45
904VT
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Try imgur.com for photo hosting. I would LOVE to see some photos of your truck. I bet it's a beauty!
Thanks for the tip I will look into!

Btw can’t wait to replace the tires with a set of 35 KO2s
Old 11 September 2021, 12:41 AM   #46
Widows Son
"TRF" Member

I saw a souped up new Blazer recently, looked sharp.
Widows Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2021, 01:08 AM   #47
SDREW22
"TRF" Member

Watch: TOG
Looks like an FJ Cruiser.
SDREW22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2021, 09:33 AM   #48
mschafer
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by airchitect View Post
I’ve seen a few in the wild and multiples sitting on dealer lots. I’m wondering if they’re so hot, why are they sitting for any length of time?

Sent using Tapatalk
It seems there was some issue with some of the hard tops that didn't fit properly. They just now go this fixed and have replacement units on hand and "upgrading" already produced ones. We're looking for a fun weekend car with beach driving capabilities and this seems to be great. Available Jeeps are a bit overpriced (one dealer gave me a $5k over sticker price) and the Defenders are pricy and don't have any fun factor re. door and roof options. So hopefully Ford gets this running for next summer...The bigger question, which watch goes with that??? Do I need an Explorer???
mschafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2021, 10:27 AM   #49
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Saw one today. 4 doors. No doors on it.

I love it. I absolutely love it.

Someday one will be mine. I won’t okay games to get it. Thanks for certain.

My first love. My first true love was a classic Bronco II. Two door. Blue and tan. Classic spec. But this time, full size for sure.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2021, 11:09 PM   #50
Spartacus
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
The Ford Bronco is a sadder story than the new Supra. IMHO Ford made a HUGE mistake not using the F-150 base/chasis + engine options. A true Bronco with a Raptor engine would have been far better, and more successful. Ford would not have had to re-invent the wheel - no pun intended.

I’ve seen a few, but none have had the presence and masculinity of the original.
Spartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2021, 11:38 PM   #51
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Fords biggest mistake was releasing the bronco sport which is an ugly turd that degrades the image of the bronco.
Old 12 September 2021, 11:56 PM   #52
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
Fords biggest mistake was releasing the bronco sport which is an ugly turd that degrades the image of the bronco.
This I agree with. The Sport version is a disgrace and an obvious money grab off the Bronco name. A rebadged Escape - embarrassing

Sent from my Galaxy S20 using Tapatalk
Old 13 September 2021, 12:38 AM   #53
904VT
"TRF" Member

Quote:
) Twin turbo small cu in gas ICE = long term maintenance costs disaster.

In a few years owners will be saying “It’s a great car, just don’t own one out of warranty !” Which is code for “Its a POS and I made a bad decision, you should too so I don’t look even more stupid than I am .’

Being that this is the new Defender here in spirit at least, I can't say I'm surprised lol. That said, unfortunately you cannot get a naturally aspired v6 in the Wrangler anymore either which is a real shame. For that reason, I don't think the lack of NA with Ford will be a deal breaker for most.

Quote:

Believe it or not my Honda has given just as many if not more than any of my Land Rovers. So to your point, you can't really make broad swipes by manufacture anymore. I have a friend that had his Kia Sportage blow its engine from taking a corner with some speed. No kidding, it was a manufacturing defect that left engine shavings in the system, that Kia decided to ignore because it was supposed to be rare issue only impacted in higher speed corners. Engine was totaled as was my buddy's vehicle. I was in the vehicle when it happened as a passenger and the engine completely seized up.

Quote:
I think Bronco Sport is really interesting in its price segment. You can't ask for much more than what it gives at $30k. But I would've went with the Bronco II moniker as more fitting and consistent with historical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
The Ford Bronco is a sadder story than the new Supra. IMHO Ford made a HUGE mistake not using the F-150 base/chasis + engine options. A true Bronco with a Raptor engine would have been far better, and more successful. Ford would not have had to re-invent the wheel - no pun intended.

I’ve seen a few, but none have had the presence and masculinity of the original.
When you say original are you thinking Bronco Classic or the OJ? I do think the F-150 based would be interesting, but I think it also would cannibalize Raptor pickup sales if introduced. Would have also drove price to $80k + and probably been way too large to ever pull in Wrangler buyers. I still think we could see a Raptor variation of the Bronco in the future though an option. The Raptor F-150 is a great all-weather truck in my opinion but from my experience it's lacking on the trails. Too big and way too long of wheelbase to tackle any medium level obstacles unfortunately. Just awful approach, departure, and break-over angles for trails.

For those that enjoy these vehicles, below is a really interesting article on the originals by Motor Trend

https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/b...suv-comparison
Old 13 September 2021, 12:43 AM   #54
Duey
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Too Many To List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post

So true

Instead they used the Ford Ranger base/chasis
Duey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2021, 12:56 AM   #55
FordGT
"TRF" Member

It is fantastic. They are sold out for next 2 years. Had some early roof issues but straightened out now.
It kills all Jeep comparisons. I love mine!
FordGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2021, 02:09 AM   #56
904VT
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordGT View Post
It is fantastic. They are sold out for next 2 years. Had some early roof issues but straightened out now.
For me, was not lucky enough to get a pre-order. So picked up a gently used second hand, which is just fine by me. A little more pricey, but still less than the Defender 110, I was considering as an alternative. For those latter, I just can't get over the overuse of technology. It's what the Discovery 5 should've been. The Bronco imo is what the Defender should have been based on. In regards to the Defender 110, I decided to just keep my L322 (which has a real 110 wheelbase by the way unlike the new Defender with longer) and then add a Bronco.

Off-road the Bronco still can't keep up with my modded L322 though (even with lack of front locker), but it is damn close stock with 35s. From my experience though Wrangler Rubicons can still easily keep up with both. So long as not a Gladiator Rubicon. Those have way too long of wheelbase and similar issues as a F-150 Raptor.
Old 13 September 2021, 03:44 AM   #57
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordGT View Post
Sorry. Clearly biased and potentially sketchy endorsement. And not because you apparently have one.

And I’m the guy that said above I love em, and want one.

Just sayin.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2021, 06:18 AM   #58
Blansky
2024 Pledge Member

Me heading to work in the morning.

I probably need to clean up my driveway.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 5A551F80-6972-401C-BE80-B4892242705C.jpeg (36.9 KB, 71 views)
Old 14 September 2021, 09:44 AM   #59
FordGT
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
Sorry. Clearly biased and potentially sketchy endorsement. And not because you apparently have one.

And I’m the guy that said above I love em, and want one.

Just sayin.
What?! The Op asked if anyone has a Bronco. I do and I’m really happy. Why is that sketchy?
FordGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 September 2021, 11:12 AM   #60
Chester01
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610
Quote:
Um well, they had the Bronco II for a while in the 80's/90's....not that the Bronco II was ever better than the Bronco lol.
Chester01 is offline   Reply With Quote