The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 9 February 2024, 05:21 PM   #1
janh2o
"TRF" Member

Any owner if Ploprof titanium on titanium mesh?

Is it a comfortable watch, Caliber is good one or even better than thé 8500?
Thks.
janh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 February 2024, 02:29 PM   #2
orangeguy
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex 16710
I have one. It's a bit hard to describe, but I think it's about as comfortable as a watch of that size is going to get. There is no getting around the dimensions. However, the lug to lug is very good for a watch of that size and the bracelet pretty much drops straight down, so it's surprisingly comfy on my 17 cm wrist. The weight savings is very noticeable. I think it's lighter than the steel SMP 300 diver on a bracelet. No complaints on the movement, but lacks a date if that is important to you.
orangeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 February 2024, 03:01 PM   #3
subtona
"TRF" Member

Watch: APK & sometimes Y
Had the mesh bracelet on my speedy.

The adjustment size to fit my wrist would cause the mesh bracelet to come completely undone when I was removing the watch. A bit challenging to explain but the natural movement of removing the watch would leverage pressure against the locking part of the clasp that was not designed to open during routine removal. Nearly dropped my watch to the floor twice the first day. After tinkering a bit I realized it was particular the precise setting I needed (one notch tighter or looser wouldn’t cause the problem. On another note if it was worn tighter it would add extra thickness that was not ideal.
Old 12 February 2024, 05:53 AM   #4
shalako
"TRF" Member

I had the Titanium Ploprof, very comfortable, I have the steel one which I prefer because I like the heft but if your a fan of the watch and don’t like the heft then the titanium one is the answer.
shalako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2024, 07:02 AM   #5
raclaims
"TRF" Member

I find it very comfy
It’s my go to beach watch
raclaims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2024, 07:33 AM   #6
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by subtona View Post

The adjustment size to fit my wrist would cause the mesh bracelet to come completely undone when I was removing the watch. A bit challenging to explain but the natural movement of removing the watch would leverage pressure against the locking part of the clasp that was not designed to open during routine removal. Nearly dropped my watch to the floor twice the first day. After tinkering a bit I realized it was particular the precise setting I needed (one notch tighter or looser wouldn’t cause the problem. On another note if it was worn tighter it would add extra thickness that was not ideal.
That was pretty crazy Gus. I remember that video you sent me. Not just any Speedy either, I’m glad you didn’t drop it
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2024, 12:26 AM   #7
orangeguy
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex 16710
Was that the extension button or the actual release buttons? I had an issue with the extension button getting depressed by my wrist. I had it sent back to Omega and they fixed that problem.

Quote:

orangeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2024, 08:21 AM   #8
subtona
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeguy View Post
Was that the extension button or the actual release buttons? I had an issue with the extension button getting depressed by my wrist. I had it sent back to Omega and they fixed that problem.
Images show pressure point and blurry image is the moment that the safety clasp disengages simply from unfolding the clasp to allow the wrist to pass through.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_8231.jpeg (60.3 KB, 113 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_8232.jpeg (63.7 KB, 111 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_8229.jpeg (62.7 KB, 113 views)
Old 24 February 2024, 12:52 PM   #9
HiDive
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Seadweller50
Ti PloProf on Ti Shark mesh

I have the gray dial Ti model and I used to own the steel model with black dial. I prefer the Ti model for comfort and the movement because setting the time / date on the 8500 model was a PITA.

I am not sure what bracelet is in the previous pictures because it is very different than mine. My bracelet does not change size unless I am trying to do it, it does not happen any other way.

HiDive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2024, 07:16 PM   #10
shalako
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Images show pressure point and blurry image is the moment that the safety clasp disengages simply from unfolding the clasp to allow the wrist to pass through.
Isn’t that the bracelet from the titanium no time to die Seamaster, I always struggled to get in with those.
shalako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2024, 10:31 PM   #11
subtona
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalako View Post
Isn’t that the bracelet from the titanium no time to die Seamaster, I always struggled to get in with those.
I see the clasp is very different on the ploprof pics, that looks meaningfully superior
Not sure which model the bracelet I had was originally designed for, I purchased it for the 321.

Ps ploprof is one of the most impressive watches made. The push button lock for the bezel is amazingly satisfying