The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 19 November 2019, 07:23 PM   #31
andyxxx
"TRF" Member

Watch: with confusion
Slightly strange that people leave because:
1. They don’t like the content of a thread (then read a different thread as there are plenty to choose from)
2 They don’t like a certain response (then don’t use any forum.) (There is always a different opinion and person to express it in a manner that will be different than you may like)

I use this open discussion forum because it has a smattering of different topics that I find interesting and it's usually a friendly place.

If I were to leave, I would not announce it and realize my contribution would not be missed!
andyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2019, 07:34 PM   #32
swatty
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: The Game
I’ll stay for a bit longer,
swatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2019, 08:25 PM   #33
Rock
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Grail:Bluesy
If somebody would offer to cash-out my post-count for a white SS Daytona I could probably be persuaded to leave - anybody? No I thought not. I guess you're stuck with me.

Foundation Member of 'Horologists Anonymous' "Hi, I'm Rocky, and I'm a Horologist..."
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2019, 10:25 PM   #34
THC
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 16610M
I am with Grady, most threads are now bashing AD behavior or scarcity. I am determined to stay until the AD displays are stocked again and good times had by all..

I am 63 next week so the drought may out live me
THC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2019, 10:29 PM   #35
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Anyone who leaves before they hit 100K posts is a no good, dirty down, quitter.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2019, 11:04 PM   #36
Token74
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many!
Despite occasionally getting grumpy with others on here, I love the place and will be going nowhere!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patek Philippe Nautilus 5990 - AP Royal Oak 15300 - AP Royal Oak 15450 Blue - AP Royal Oak 15450 Silver - AP Royal Oak Offshore 26480 - Royal Oak Offshore 15710 - Rolex Sea Dweller 116600 - Rolex Daytona 116519 - Rolex GMT 126710 BLRO - Omega Speedmaster Reduced - JLC Reverso GMT Moonphase - TAG Microtimer - Dent Pocket Watch - JLC Atmos Phases de lune
Token74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2019, 11:09 PM   #37
Chester01
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610
To some degree, people will dip their feet in a pool, and see if it’s right for them and if not leave. I don’t see it as a problem necessarily. In fact as the forum grows there will always be some degree of attrition. Some people will get a Rolex and get excited and never really get hooked (obsessed) about watches in the broader sense. It’s like hey I got the hot fashion piece, let me do a little research, and sign up. The feeling wears off and they find another interest. That’s ok too. But i don’t see it as one post mentioned above some kind of systemic problem causing people to leave. This forum can’t be everything to everyone. Then of course some people get upset because others don’t see things their way and can’t tolerate another perspective and take it as a personal slight, rather than a difference in opinion.
Chester01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2019, 11:14 PM   #38
Brew
"TRF" Member

"The trick is to walk in backwards. Like you're walking out."
Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 November 2019, 12:16 AM   #39
77T

I'm still here. Who's with me?

When a longtime, beloved member departs - sometimes for the eternal, celestial dirtnap - I pause to reflect. I will never “talk” with that person again...

But a rancorous departure? Nah...

I’m still here...and in the spirit of observing behavior that leads some revered members to depart, I’ll offer my thoughts. And I am no exception - from time to time I’ve slipped into poor form.

This journey is long; there is no race nor competition. It’s a journey with yourself and the elusive joy of horology. When we stray into topics that raise your hackles, just think to yourself “does this really matter?”

There will be days when you will feel stronger than others, but do not become self-righteous. There, but for the grace of higher powers, go you. Because other days, it will bring you back to your knees.

Don’t revel in others’ ignorance - enlighten in a friendly way. Intentional derision to manipulate others’ emotions for personal gain or pleasure is the first step to psychosis.

Frequent aggression is an indication of issues with anger and unhappiness, resist being easily triggered. Digitally “pulling the wings off flies” is a troubling sign...

Recognize that some are passive-aggressive, they quip with the intent to emotionally hurt another. They’ll show no signs of remorse for their behavior and will try to rationalize what they did. Arguing is pointless - you’ll devalue your worth and they will beat you with their experience.

We also sometimes see obvious, pathological liars. They’ll turn on their charm and wit, masking their manipulative behavior. All the while, they’re trying to exploit emotions to glorify personal shortcomings. Let it go.

We fortunately have rules the Mods employ to keep it a friendly, unbiased forum. Yet irresponsible souls will use tricks to skirt them. Rather than taking responsibility for their actions, they’ll often try to pass the blame onto others.

So it’s best to never take a cyber network so seriously that we respond negatively.

I am the first to say I am guilty sometimes - but it’s not worth saying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20 November 2019, 12:24 AM   #40
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
When a longtime, beloved member departs - sometimes for the eternal, celestial dirtnap - I pause to reflect. I will never “talk” with that person again...

I’m still here...and in the spirit of observing behavior that leads some revered members to depart, I’ll offer my thoughts. And I am no exception - from time to time I’ve slipped into poor form.

This journey is long; there is no race nor competition. It’s a journey with yourself and the elusive joy of horology. When we stray into topics that raise your hackles, just think to yourself “does this really matter?”

There will be days when you will feel stronger than others, but do not become self-righteous. There, but for the grace of higher powers, go you. Because other days, it will bring you back to your knees.

Don’t revel in others’ ignorance - enlighten in a friendly way. Intentional derision to manipulate others’ emotions for personal gain or pleasure is the first step to psychosis.

Frequent aggression is an indication of issues with anger and unhappiness, resist being easily triggered. Digitally “pulling the wings off flies” is a troubling sign...

Recognize that some are passive-aggressive, they quip with the intent to emotionally hurt another. They’ll show no signs of remorse for their behavior and will try to rationalize what they did. Arguing is pointless - you’ll devalue your worth and they will beat you with their experience.

We also sometimes see obvious, pathological liars. They’ll turn on their charm and wit, masking their manipulative behavior. All the while, they’re trying to exploit emotions to glorify personal shortcomings. Let it go.

We fortunately have rules the Mods employ to keep it a friendly, unbiased forum. Yet irresponsible souls will use tricks to skirt them. Rather than taking responsibility for their actions, they’ll often try to pass the blame onto others.

So it’s best to never take a cyber network so seriously that we respond negatively.

This should be a sticky

Thanks Paul, you’re definitely one of the good guys here
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 November 2019, 12:25 AM   #41
djgallo
Banned

When you run out of ammunition....it’s time to pack up...
djgallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 November 2019, 12:42 AM   #42
JParm

Watch: Yes!
I'll never leave - and it's not because of all the Rolex talk.

I enjoy the forum for all the knowledge, feedback and community itself. I also enjoy sharing things other than watches in this sub-forum (like pictures!), so that's more than enough to keep me around.

There are some great people here :-)
Old 20 November 2019, 12:46 AM   #43
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post

great post.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 November 2019, 12:55 AM   #44
locutus49
Banned

Watch: Platona
If someone offends me....then I'm staying because I don't care.
locutus49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 November 2019, 01:27 AM   #45
Hooper
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610
I think people, think too much! If you have to post that your leaving a website???!!!! Then I believe there are other issues you have to deal with! It's a website for hobbies and entertainment, get a grip people!!
Old 20 November 2019, 01:39 AM   #46
Spartacus
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
I have been reading and visiting TRF for a bit of time now. I will share some of my thoughts:

I am always impressed, amazed and in awe of some of the member’s knowledge, insights, experience and what they are willing to share - great people here. I attended one TRF meeting-up and it was amazing. I learned a lot, and I hope to meet more of you all in person.

I have met ‘good’ WIS and bad ‘WI$‘. I think there are far more good WIS enthusiasts and collectors here than one might see. I think flipper$ are the antithesis of the forum. The tension rises on the forum as the WI$ flaunt their endeavor$, however it has little meaning or impact to those that have a passion for the watch itself, not the sales. In fact, it tends to cheapen the experience when colored in such a transactional way.

I think the mods should consider holding back ‘New Thread’ rights until members have been here for a few weeks to get acclimated with the forum.

YMMV. I have a great time here, looking forward to being here for a long time.
Spartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 November 2019, 03:23 AM   #47
Art 1
Banned

Watch: Rol/Seik/Tud/Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooper View Post
I think people, think too much! If you have to post that your leaving a website???!!!! Then I believe there are other issues you have to deal with! It's a website for hobbies and entertainment, get a grip people!!
I agree Tony, if a person wants to leave then just leave.

We even had a moderator recently say he was leaving the forum, he didn't. Most who say they are seem to always return.
Art 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 November 2019, 03:35 AM   #48
dtwer
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ 41
"I have often wondered how it is that every man loves himself more than all the rest of men, but yet sets less value on his own opinions of himself than on the opinions of others.... So much more respect have we to what our neighbors shall think of us than to what we shall think of ourselves." - Marcus Aurelius

I guess the tendency of people getting bent out of shape by those with differing views has existed long before the internet age.
dtwer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 November 2019, 07:15 AM   #49
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art 1 View Post
I agree Tony, if a person wants to leave then just leave.

We even had a moderator recently say he was leaving the forum, he didn't. Most who say they are seem to always return.
Just when I thought I was out ... they pull me back in
Old 20 November 2019, 07:52 AM   #50
jbreeden
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116234
I feel like we should start a Thread for people who want to leave, make it one of the constant top threads (sticky?) save them the trouble of having to start their 10th thread. HaHa
jbreeden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 November 2019, 07:54 AM   #51
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
People out here mad at each other when they should be filing their complaints with Rolex and their AD for the hype beast market they created.
Old 20 November 2019, 07:58 AM   #52
offrdmania
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

I was here before the craziness and ill be here after
Old 20 November 2019, 08:45 AM   #53
Chewbacca
Banned

Watch: Kessel Run Chrono
Can someone fill me in on just wft is going on? Who left? What left? Who got drunk without me?

If I missed a coq fight I’m filing a grievance.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 November 2019, 09:16 AM   #54
Bluside
2024 Pledge Member

I might as well put myself on the waiting list to leave.

Although, I'm not important enough to get the call.
Bluside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 November 2019, 09:17 AM   #55
Chewbacca
Banned

I’m still confused.
Old 20 November 2019, 09:28 AM   #56
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
I’m still confused.
Abdullah in post #8 for one has said he’s leaving, but there are many other long term members who aren’t participating as much anymore.
Old 20 November 2019, 09:31 AM   #57
PhilLynott
"TRF" Member

Watch: Breguet marine
Uh oh I just joined, did I come at a bad time?
PhilLynott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 November 2019, 09:31 AM   #58
Chewbacca
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
Abdullah in post #8 for one has said he’s leaving, but there are many other long term members who aren’t participating as much anymore.

Thanks Brian.

Abdullah will have some RedBull and be fine.
Old 20 November 2019, 09:39 AM   #59
RobearH
Banned

Watch: 126710 BLRO
I’m leaving too!
RobearH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 November 2019, 09:39 AM   #60
RobearH
Banned

Watch: 126710 BLRO
....changed my mind I’m staying!