ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 19 December 2019, 05:41 AM   #13171
mjrchabot
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 116000, BB36
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishPar View Post
Sigh.....

Poor people who has to please or obey someone else to earn a living have to dress up if Bossman tells them to.

Us independent folks dress however we want. I could care less if you see me as a poor bum when I want to do business with you and shoo me away.

Your loss.

More then once have I had that happen. No problem. I cannot recall one single time when whatever that person had could not be obtained elsewhere.

Be it a Rolex Car House Investment etc, and someone slse got that big commission you could have had

How many in here can truly say they enjoy wearing a suit tie and fancy evening gowns unless the occation calls for it?

I for one is happy in my jeans tshirt and a flanell on top. Much more fun to shop that way. Then I truly know whois a genuine professional and who is still wet behind the ears.

This is the most ignorant and inaccurate post I’ve read in a while ...

So if you had say $10 million to invest and you’re interviews advisors to park your money... you wouldn’t expect them to show up in a suit/tie or blouse/jacket? Give me a break. Certain industries and professions do require a certain “dress code”. You’re a fool if you think otherwise and you’re just being holier than thou.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mjrchabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2019, 06:55 AM   #13172
Dlong
Banned

Watch: Black sub Date
I do feel sorry for people that have to wear a suit and tie. It really is so archaic. Kind of like a powdered wig. Nothing wrong with looking need and together with nice clothes that fit and are clean. I visit Fortune 500 companies all the time. Hardly ever see people in a suit. Wouldn't want to be in the suit business. Back in the 80's I wore suit every day selling in Manhattan. Starched white shirt, undershirt of course, suit tie, Alden shoes, winter suits, summer suits, rainy day suits, rain coats, overcoats. Ugh, don't know how I did it. Waiting on a subway platform in August in a suit.
Dlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2019, 07:33 AM   #13173
SwedishPar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjrchabot View Post
This is the most ignorant and inaccurate post I’ve read in a while ...

So if you had say $10 million to invest and you’re interviews advisors to park your money... you wouldn’t expect them to show up in a suit/tie or blouse/jacket? Give me a break. Certain industries and professions do require a certain “dress code”. You’re a fool if you think otherwise and you’re just being holier than thou.

If you read my post I was talking about me and how I dress or do not dress. Not anybody else.

Said advisor is interested in a commission I assume,and is trying to get it from me.
How I dress should be the least of his worries,or do you suggest I have to dress to impress or he/she will not deal with me?

How said advisor dress I could care less about.
If they make me money giving good advice worth their cost they can be butt naked for all I care.

If they do not I will kick them to the curb even if they wear Kiton K-50 suits and Jason of Beverly Hills shoes

I have been around the block once or twice and dealt with a lot of people both professionally and private.
If I had judged their credentials by how they dress I would be flat ass broke by now and have a lot less really good friends.
SwedishPar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2019, 08:36 AM   #13174
mjrchabot
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 116000, BB36
Quote:
If you read my post I was talking about me and how I dress or do not dress. Not anybody else.

Said advisor is interested in a commission I assume,and is trying to get it from me.

How I dress should be the least of his worries,or do you suggest I have to dress to impress or he/she will not deal with me?

How said advisor dress I could care less about.

If they make me money giving good advice worth their cost they can be butt naked for all I care.

If they do not I will kick them to the curb even if they wear Kiton K-50 suits and Jason of Beverly Hills shoes

I have been around the block once or twice and dealt with a lot of people both professionally and private.

If I had judged their credentials by how they dress I would be flat ass broke by now and have a lot less really good friends.

You basically labeller everyone who posts a pic of them wearing suit as some sort of fraud ... get off your high horse. You dress casually, so what? That’s what you’re comfortable in, move on.

mjrchabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2019, 08:51 AM   #13175
SwedishPar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjrchabot View Post
You basically labeller everyone who posts a pic of them wearing suit as some sort of fraud ... get off your high horse. You dress casually, so what? That’s what you’re comfortable in, move on.

Fraud?
Nowhere have I said that so do not put words in my mouth.

I say I do not judge anybody by how they dress or do not dress. If I get judged I will simply not deal with such a person.
Nor do I believe that someone in a suit and tie automatically has any better credentials compared to someone in a tshirt and jeans.

I am very comfortable as I can dress exactly how I want.And I do not believe that someone being told what they have to wear is.
That was my point.
SwedishPar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2019, 09:15 AM   #13176
zengineer
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Sigh.....

Poor people who has to please or obey someone else to earn a living have to dress up if Bossman tells them to.

Us independent folks dress however we want. I could care less if you see me as a poor bum when I want to do business with you and shoo me away.

Your loss.

More then once have I had that happen. No problem. I cannot recall one single time when whatever that person had could not be obtained elsewhere.

Be it a Rolex Car House Investment etc, and someone slse got that big commission you could have had

How many in here can truly say they enjoy wearing a suit tie and fancy evening gowns unless the occation calls for it?

I for one is happy in my jeans tshirt and a flanell on top. Much more fun to shop that way. Then I truly know whois a genuine professional and who is still wet behind the ears.
Not everyone places such a high value on dressing like a slob. You do realize how a post like that makes you sound right?

Seriously, go back and read it. You come across as an insufferable clod.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
zengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2019, 09:32 AM   #13177
GoingPlaces
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Sigh.....

Your loss.

Stupid statement with poor grammar. You should spend some time learning your audience. Amateur commentary.
GoingPlaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2019, 09:56 AM   #13178
~JJ
"TRF" Member

Watch: explorer
Quote:
Sigh.....

Your loss.

Why even post in this thread if you don’t enjoy clothing… Just feel like being a downer?
~JJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2019, 10:07 AM   #13179
Nikrnic
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blnr, Expll, Subs,
I wore suits for many years in sales. I liked it but I cant say I miss it. In the business world today it has gone more casual but I still give a lot of credit to those who spend the time, money and with good taste to put a nice suit and wardrobe together.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Nikrnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2019, 10:13 AM   #13180
Dr. Robert
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 1655
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikrnic View Post
I wore suits for many years in sales. I liked it but I cant say I miss it. In the business world today it has gone more casual but I still give a lot of credit to those who spend the time, money and with good taste to put a nice suit and wardrobe together.

I too was in sales, B2B, wore suit/tie/dress shoes.....I refer to it as battle armor. I don’t mind the suit, don’t miss the tie & the dress shoes.
When I was young & skinny I lived by the Billy Crystal quote....it is better to look good than to feel good
You are right, a lot of the biz world is casual, I have friends in the tech biz in Oakland, San Francisco & San Jose.....very casual, t shirts & jeans.
Old 19 December 2019, 10:18 AM   #13181
GoingPlaces
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikrnic View Post

Same, I like many other have adjusted towards a more casual attire with the rare exceptions that call for a suit. There are times I miss it though, still have a pretty decent suit collection and it pains me every time I look at it all just sitting there.
Old 19 December 2019, 10:21 AM   #13182
Phrank

Watch: ♕
Suit and tie was easy, you knew what to wear, you looked good, and my closet was work clothes, then the clothes I liked to wear.

Business casual for me was confusing, suddenly I had to put outfits together, I hate Docker's type pants and the shirts that go with them, and business casual seemed to descend into at best, clean jeans and t-shirts, to seeing lots of people dressed like they just got out of bed.

There was a lot to be said for the "uniform" of a suit and tie, at least for me, I spent zero cycles wondering WTF to wear everyday :-)
Phrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2019, 10:22 AM   #13183
Sublovin
"TRF" Member

Watch: Lots

Old 19 December 2019, 10:26 AM   #13184
BrazenC5
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 1665,1675,1680,SD4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Robert View Post
I too was in sales, B2B, wore suit/tie/dress shoes.....I refer to it as battle armor. I don’t mind the suit, don’t miss the tie & the dress shoes.
When I was young & skinny I lived by the Billy Crystal quote....it is better to look good than to feel good
You are right, a lot of the biz world is casual, I have friends in the tech biz in Oakland, San Francisco & San Jose.....very casual, t shirts & jeans.
In said tech scene.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
BrazenC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2019, 10:34 AM   #13185
Tiptac
"TRF" Member

On the way to work

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Tiptac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2019, 10:36 AM   #13186
GoingPlaces
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrank View Post
Suit and tie was easy, you knew what to wear, you looked good, and my closet was work clothes, then the clothes I liked to wear.

Business casual for me was confusing, suddenly I had to put outfits together, I hate Docker's type pants and the shirts that go with them, and business casual seemed to descend into at best, clean jeans and t-shirts, to seeing lots of people dressed like they just got out of bed.

There was a lot to be said for the "uniform" of a suit and tie, at least for me, I spent zero cycles wondering WTF to wear everyday :-)

Yes on all of the above.

Old 19 December 2019, 10:52 AM   #13187
Nikrnic
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blnr, Expll, Subs,
Haha ya, for the most part it took more time to decide which tie to pick..

Nikrnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2019, 10:55 AM   #13188
BNA/LION

Watch: ROLEX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlong View Post
1953's
What's your point?

✦ 28238 President DD 18K/YG ✦ 16610LN SS Sub ✦ 16613 18K/SS Serti ✦ 16550 Exp II Non-Rail Cream Dial ✦ Daytona C 116500 ✦ 126710 BLRO GMT-Master II ✦ NEXT-->?
Hole In One! 10/3/19 DMCC 5th hole, par 3, 168 yards w/ 4-Iron.
BNA/LION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2019, 10:56 AM   #13189
dukie748
"TRF" Member

I don't own a suit, in fact, I don't even own a pair of grown-up pants that would require ironing. I have no stiff collar shirts, there are zero ties in my closet, and I do not own a single pair of shoes that would ever need polishing.

You've heard of Rolex snobs? I'm more of a Rolex slob.
dukie748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2019, 10:57 AM   #13190
Tenebris Equum
Banned

Watch: Speedy and Pepsi
Killer combo, Mankini in blue and my Pepsi. My Omega speedy and a dapper black suit. Different brands different class.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
Tenebris Equum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2019, 11:00 AM   #13191
joeychitwood
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolexes & Tudors
From age 24 until I retired at age 56, I wore a scrub suit, white coat and running shoes every single work day. A little boring, but the hospital did the laundry. I was always thankful I didn’t have to buy suits, ties and shirts.
joeychitwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 December 2019, 12:59 AM   #13192
LakeshowMD
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116520

Something simple for Sunday. Cheers!

LakeshowMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 December 2019, 01:18 AM   #13193
e dantes
2024 Pledge Member

The Rolex is mine, but the bowling shoes are rented.

I like the black light effect making the superluminova look like chromalight.

e dantes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9 February 2020, 12:05 AM   #13194
RyanO
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: LVc

Throwback to Baha Mar. So ready to go back!

RyanO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9 February 2020, 02:15 AM   #13195
Overwound
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrank View Post

I feel the same way. I don't care if it's a suit, scrubs, letter carrier uniform, etc. Maybe there's freedom to choose a shirt, shoes and other accessories but having a basic overall uniform can be a nice thing.
Overwound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 February 2020, 03:54 AM   #13196
Bizcut1
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 126331 126610 3861
Nothing quite like walking into a presentation in an Armani and commanding the room...

Always straighten my cuffs right before I begin. Make sure they can see the Rolex, too.

In my world, all of it counts.

Ben
Bizcut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 February 2020, 04:29 AM   #13197
RoyalOac
"TRF" Member

I wear well-fitted suits not for work, but because my wife says it's the "male lingerie"
Rolex Submariner 126613 LB
Audemars Piguet Royal Oak 15300ST
RoyalOac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 February 2020, 07:25 AM   #13198
Primerate
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD President
In Ft Lauderdale for a visit

Love the classic DD YG and I cannot go without the diamond markersDAECA48D-9A79-47AD-AE99-AD3163A73762.jpeg
Primerate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2020, 06:47 AM   #13199
DiamondJack
"TRF" Member

Watch: Quite a few
Just thought I’d have a look in......😎
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 4DEF77FC-0554-42E2-A5A0-D3C41C8F7188.jpeg (95.1 KB, 1155 views)
DiamondJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2020, 09:46 AM   #13200
LOWERCASE GUY
"TRF" Member

Watch: TT DJ41- champagne
I love wearing my suit, it's not a chore to me, it's a pleasure. I enjoy looking smart and take pride in my appearance. That doesn't mean I think less of those who don't. From my experiences, people are judged on their actions and attitudes as opposed to what they wear.