The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 20 November 2023, 03:00 AM   #31
break
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
FPJ’s allocation strategy has a clear regional targeting strategy. I’ve been told as much by the employees. They favor people who live near the boutiques. Even though I have 3 FPJ I’m unlikely to get another because I don’t fly out to NYC every first Tuesday to eat dry canapés and rub shoulders. I’m at peace with that.
Yeah it’s a bummer it works this way. There does seem to be a bias towards clients who show face at the boutiques.
break is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 November 2023, 03:55 AM   #32
crod
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: FPJ OPTIMUM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichiran View Post
My AD recently sent a team to FP Journe HQ for training and my SE told me their current production stands at 900 + 500. I was a little surprised because I always thought their production is at 900 per year.

In fact, SJX quoted 1000 + 400-500 in their Oct 2023 article. This is a very informative write-up of FP Journe's manufacture in Geneva.
https://watchesbysjx.com/2023/10/ins...ure-visit.html
800, 900 a 1000 watches per year, who cares, doesn't change anything about the fact that everything is sold out and its very unlikely that with those production numbers it will change in the near future. You just need less than a 1,000 people or less in the world willing to buy them, for example I got allocated 2 watches last year and Im sure I wasnt the only one and Im also sure that a lot of collectors who got one allocated last year, given the opportunity they would have bought another one.

The brand has done a great job to cultivate a large number of passionate collectors who really love the pieces and are not speculators.
Old 20 November 2023, 06:13 AM   #33
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crod View Post
800, 900 a 1000 watches per year, who cares, doesn't change anything about the fact that everything is sold out and its very unlikely that with those production numbers it will change in the near future. You just need less than a 1,000 people or less in the world willing to buy them, for example I got allocated 2 watches last year and Im sure I wasnt the only one and Im also sure that a lot of collectors who got one allocated last year, given the opportunity they would have bought another one.

The brand has done a great job to cultivate a large number of passionate collectors who really love the pieces and are not speculators.
The 800-1000 mechanical watch production is limited by the movement mix AFAIK. So if more RQ/CO/TV/RM are produced, much fewer CS will be made since the higher complication requires more man hours. If this hold true, I would speculate that the total number of production may actually trend down in the future as the brand is leaning to mix in more high complications. It makes business sense if the collector base is more seasoned and start to lean to the higher end pieces. The revenue would increase without increasing more costs in headcount. Perfect Velben phenomenal.
llngoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 November 2023, 04:40 PM   #34
gm58
"TRF" Member

Quote:
My AD recently sent a team to FP Journe HQ for training and my SE told me their current production stands at 900 + 500. I was a little surprised because I always thought their production is at 900 per year.

In fact, SJX quoted 1000 + 400-500 in their Oct 2023 article. This is a very informative write-up of FP Journe's manufacture in Geneva.
https://watchesbysjx.com/2023/10/ins...ure-visit.html
ah thank you kind sir! Great to have clear that up on my side, still dont have any FPJ references but maybe one day
gm58 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20 November 2023, 10:31 PM   #35
Ichiran
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Mostly blue dials
Sharing a few other observations from my SE:

1) Each watch is assembled and regulated by an individual watchmaker from start to finish. 
2) There are only 2 watchmakers involved in the FFC and Astronomic.
3) There are only 2 watchmakers involved in the Tourbillon and Resonance.
Ichiran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 November 2023, 02:23 AM   #36
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:

1) Each watch is assembled and regulated by an individual watchmaker from start to finish. 

How about RM? I was told the RM may have reduced production to accommodate FFC delivery.

Hard decision. Do we want RM or FFC?
Old 21 November 2023, 03:09 AM   #37
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Astro>FFC>>>>>RM to me!
Old 21 November 2023, 03:30 AM   #38
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
Astro>FFC>>>>>RM to me!
Love the look and complications of the AST but am too afraid that it will be too large for me. :-(

The sapphire dial RM is a wishlist item for me and I agree that the plain silver dial is not as interesting.
Old 21 November 2023, 05:31 AM   #39
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by llngoc View Post
Love the look and complications of the AST but am too afraid that it will be too large for me. :-(

The sapphire dial RM is a wishlist item for me and I agree that the plain silver dial is not as interesting.

It’s probably a bit large for anyone but I think with this level of complications they all will be. I think it’s the only circumstance which you bite the bullet and say yes this is oversized but for damn good reason!
Old 21 November 2023, 08:10 AM   #40
dakkonmc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crod View Post

Let's just say there are 700 mechanical watches that goes to the 11 Boutique and 150 to 200 that goes to AD.

I'm sure some boutiques get more watches than others. Let's just say they all get the equal amount that would be 64 mechanical watches per Boutique....

I think FPJ and watch box created a lot of new demand for these watches.

4 years ago, I almost bought a brass moment for 30k from Europe. I end up passing on the watch because it was serviced outside the system

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
dakkonmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 November 2023, 09:39 AM   #41
kaiserphoenix
"TRF" Member

Watch: FPJ CO BL
Quote:

It was interesting when I spoke to Rexhep at an event here in Tokyo, he mentioned he was allowed to work on the resonance but not on the optimum yet (back when he was at FPJ). He seemed to like my watch haha

F.P.Journe Chronometre Optimum Black Label, Patek 5811G-001, A. Lange & Söhne Lange 1 191.039, Patek 5167A-001, Rolex Yacht-Master 40 Everrose, (Wh) Rolex Daytona 116500, (Blue) Rolex Skydweller 326934, Rolex Submariner 126610LV

IG: tokyo_watch_guy
kaiserphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 November 2023, 09:41 AM   #42
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiserphoenix View Post
It was interesting when I spoke to Rexhep at an event here in Tokyo, he mentioned he was allowed to work on the resonance but not on the optimum yet. He seemed to like my watch haha

When he was still working at the Journe manufacture?

Also, any luck in getting a RRCC3 allocation in person?
Old 21 November 2023, 09:47 AM   #43
kaiserphoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by llngoc View Post
When he was still working at the Journe manufacture?

Also, any luck in getting a RRCC3 allocation in person?
Haha i wish lol But it was cool to meet him in person.
F.P.Journe Chronometre Optimum Black Label, Patek 5811G-001, A. Lange & Söhne Lange 1 191.039, Patek 5167A-001, Rolex Yacht-Master 40 Everrose, (Wh) Rolex Daytona 116500, (Blue) Rolex Skydweller 326934, Rolex Submariner 126610LV

Old 22 November 2023, 01:18 AM   #44
break
"TRF" Member

I'm thinking of building a relationship with my local boutique, and I have some warm introductions to ease the process. Can anyone else offer their experience in building a boutique relationship towards their first FP?
Old 22 November 2023, 01:41 AM   #45
Skyrider01
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by break View Post
I'm thinking of building a relationship with my local boutique, and I have some warm introductions to ease the process. Can anyone else offer their experience in building a boutique relationship towards their first FP?
Try to visit and go to their events as often as you can. I was told recently at my boutique that they now require at least 3 contacts before you will be considered for an allocation. In other words, they want you to have been engaged with them on at least 3 separated occasions. They actually take attendance at their events, and the more they see you, the better your chances are of getting an allocation.
Skyrider01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 November 2023, 08:30 AM   #46
break
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyrider01 View Post
Try to visit and go to their events as often as you can. I was told recently at my boutique that they now require at least 3 contacts before you will be considered for an allocation. In other words, they want you to have been engaged with them on at least 3 separated occasions. They actually take attendance at their events, and the more they see you, the better your chances are of getting an allocation.
Trying to prevent myself from cracking a joke or two here...

But that makes sense, thanks. As a big watch nerd I'm happy to attend events, regardless of allocation.
Old 22 November 2023, 09:55 AM   #47
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyrider01 View Post
This policy sure makes it difficult for people who do not live near the boutiques.
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 November 2023, 10:38 AM   #48
HMHM
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiserphoenix View Post
It was interesting when I spoke to Rexhep at an event here in Tokyo, he mentioned he was allowed to work on the resonance but not on the optimum yet (back when he was at FPJ). He seemed to like my watch haha

That’s a very memorable picture you had taken!
HMHM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 November 2023, 11:02 AM   #49
kaiserphoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMHM View Post
That’s a very memorable picture you had taken!
Thank you!! He was a super chilled dude. Whilst Ill never get to own his watches, it was cool to see them up close.