The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 15 June 2017, 01:59 AM   #1
kdphan
"TRF" Member

Watch: Fitbit
Where to go watch looking/shopping London/Barcelona

Heading there next week.

Staying in the west end area of London near Harrods , I'm sure there are other areas to go watch looking/shopping in London.

I'm a few minutes walk from Rolex boutiques in Barcelona. Where else can I go to look at watches (new and preowned)?

Thanks!
kdphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2017, 02:09 AM   #2
sutats
"TRF" Member

Icon7

After Harrods, visit the boutiques on Bond Street. Selfridges Wonder Room. Goldsmiths/Fraser Hart/Watches of Switzerland. Burlington Arcade. Happy walking.
Post Your Rolex/Tudor Watch Weight (PYRTWW)
sutats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2017, 02:13 AM   #3
kdphan
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sutats View Post
After Harrods, visit the boutiques on Bond Street. Selfridges Wonder Room. Goldsmiths/Fraser Hart/Watches of Switzerland. Burlington Arcade. Happy walking.
Looks like i'll be busy
Old 15 June 2017, 02:13 AM   #4
joli160
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
Burlington arcade is really nice for pre owned, prices
Old 15 June 2017, 02:42 AM   #5
Chiefs
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16570
Head to Burlingham Arcade for some enjoyable viewing😎 Almost all AD's and Boutiques in London will have practically zero SS sports.
Watchfinder has absolutely loads in Stock, but you'll pay a premium.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Chiefs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2017, 02:51 AM   #6
kdphan
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefs View Post
Head to Burlingham Arcade for some enjoyable viewing😎 Almost all AD's and Boutiques in London will have practically zero SS sports.
Watchfinder has absolutely loads in Stock, but you'll pay a premium.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
I'll most likely do the looking in London and buying in Barcelona.
Old 15 June 2017, 03:30 AM   #7
london_v
"TRF" Member

Watch: 124060
I would also head to Watches of Switzerland in Covent Garden - they always have a good selection in there

And be careful wearing your watch in Barca!! My BLNR was stolen from the beach area right by all the main night clubs. Failing that, make sure you have insurance and live the dream :-)
london_v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2017, 03:34 AM   #8
AK797
Banned

Watch: ing ships roll in
For watch looking for SS models, Watchfinder in the Royal Exchange will have the best display, tho they are all used and so overpriced. Hatton Garden dealers will also have a few used. ADs will be very scarce on popular models.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2017, 03:40 AM   #9
WatchOut4It
"TRF" Member

My recent experiences in both London and Barcelona led me to have a much greater appreciation for the ADs and TSs in the US. Those of us in the states have ready access to most models at retail or slightly below if we are patient and willing to put in the effort. It's downright depressing to shop in London. Not only is there limited availability, but the attitude from most sales staff is ****. I enjoy walking around foreign cities to browse, but it gets pretty boring when there's nothing in the window to even tempt you. Good luck! Hopefully you're timing is good. If no one has pointed you to the Rolex dealers in Heathrow, definitely stop in there for VAT-free shopping. No need to deal with Global Blue refunds if they have what you want....
WatchOut4It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2017, 04:10 AM   #10
kdphan
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by london_v View Post
I would also head to Watches of Switzerland in Covent Garden - they always have a good selection in there

And be careful wearing your watch in Barca!! My BLNR was stolen from the beach area right by all the main night clubs. Failing that, make sure you have insurance and live the dream :-)
How did it happen? Did you not have it on your wrist?

I'll have my duometre with me for this trip. But it'll be sitting under my shirt cuff most of the time. Insurance is always a must for me just in case something stupid happens.
Old 15 June 2017, 05:39 AM   #11
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sutats View Post
yep. But avoid the Rolex shopping in London and check out other brands as there is everything here except Rolex.

Bond street is the single best street for watch lovers in London by far. Skipping the Rolex boutique as its not worth it, you can hit JLC, VC, Blancpain, Omega, PP, Breguet and IWC boutiques all within a few blocks. Then Marcus for some really cool smaller high end brands, and Wempe is really good too. I know I'm missing some as well. You can even venture into the Hublot boutique (i wouldn't).

The vintage selection in Burlington Arcade for Rolex is excellent as others have mentioned and its just around the corner from Bond street.

I was in one of the Rolex boutiques on Monday seeing about a watch I'm waiting for and they had an air king, black explorer ii, YG sub, a TT daytona, and a yacht master on oyster flex and that was it for sports models. They didn't even have a BLRO or a WG sub. Lots of datejusts, OP, day dates, and sky dwellers on offer though.
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
london , where to shop