The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 21 March 2019, 12:33 PM   #31
TimingIsEverything
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank McKay View Post
Someone in this thread mentioned that the new BLNR Jubilee has a different dial than the old version. What’s the difference?
I’m curious too. I think it’s the small printed Rolex crown below the 6pm marker.
TimingIsEverything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2019, 12:36 PM   #32
bonovox
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: your time
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimingIsEverything View Post
I’m curious too. I think it’s the small printed Rolex crown below the 6pm marker.
Correct.
bonovox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2019, 12:37 PM   #33
Vvvlllooo
"TRF" Member

Oh yea
Vvvlllooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2019, 12:43 PM   #34
Quamby
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaxe View Post
The new one has an updated case, dial, and movement. It can also go on the oyster bracelet. Superior in every way, not sure why anyone would pay more of a premium for the older version.
Speaking from a guy who has one.
Exactly!
Quamby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2019, 12:48 PM   #35
Carry The Interest
"TRF" Member

Watch: RLX, ALS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank McKay View Post
Someone in this thread mentioned that the new BLNR Jubilee has a different dial than the old version. What’s the difference?

First I have heard of this. Only difference I am guessing is the addition of the crown at the bottom of the dial at 6 o'clock.

I know the new WG BLRO has a new blue dial color. In the Revolution/Wei Koh video they mention that last year’s WG BLRO was pulled so quickly because the bezel and dial color did not match perfectly. I he no idea this was the case and just assumed that it was due to them releasing a new WG model and not putting the updated movement in the watch last year while it went into the BLRO and CHNR releases.
Carry The Interest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2019, 12:52 PM   #36
lhawli
"TRF" Member

Price Of 116710 BLNR Through the Roof !!!

Quote:
The new one has an updated case, dial, and movement. It can also go on the oyster bracelet. Superior in every way, not sure why anyone would pay more of a premium for the older version.
Speaking from a guy who has one.

Because very few can get the new one and many (if not majority) don’t like jubilee on a professional maxi case!

Speaking from someone who has one also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Rolex GMT Master II [116710BLNR]
Rolex Cosmograph Daytona [116500LN]
lhawli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2019, 12:58 PM   #37
bonovox
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: your time
The 116710BLNR will become legend. That's not just owner bias. It's a very different watch than the updated model and it's the first Rolex reference to have a two-tone ceramic bezel. That history won't change. Perhaps it won't mean much in the short term, and I agree FOMO is very real, but it's a great piece and today marks the end of a special reference.
bonovox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2019, 12:58 PM   #38
grymg
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhawli View Post
Because very few can get the new one and many (if not majority) don’t like jubilee on a professional maxi case!

Speaking from someone who has one also.

If people don't like the jub, just buy a used sub bracelet for $1K, then you have a BLNR with updated movement with an oyster bracelet. Am I missing something?
Old 21 March 2019, 01:01 PM   #39
GradyPhilpott
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 116710 BLNR
Currently, all my Rolex watches have been superseded by new references, the BLNR being the latest.

I'm good with that. The movement is more than good enough. I'm good with the PCL Oyster, too, as I have the Super Jubilee on my DJ.

Looking back at how harsh the reaction was to the 116710BLNR when it was released, it's interesting to read about the possible rapid appreciation now and in the future. Personally, I don't see it, although I love the watch and have ever since I first tried it on. It's not going anywhere.

The reaction then was as harsh as the reaction to the new releases today.

Inaugural TRF $50 Watch Challenge Winner
GradyPhilpott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2019, 01:23 PM   #40
007timer
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick_1908 View Post
Dang. I got a call this afternoon from my AD. They got the BLNR I was waiting for. After today's news I will be holding on to it!!! I'm not into the jubilee bracelet.

Congrats and welcome to the club!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
007timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2019, 01:29 PM   #41
007timer
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobDyl View Post
Anyone paying more, believing they're getting some rare chunk of unobtanium that will forever appreciate, is paying for marketing and market hype. After the coming recession hits, Chrono24 is going to be flooded with these.

Recession is right around the corner. By the time your name comes up on the list. You will have an abundance of watches for sale and AD will start offering discounts. Good time to establish a relationship and buy when no one else is.

Old 21 March 2019, 01:30 PM   #42
007timer
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gccmd View Post
The good news is that the demand is probably not going to reach the same level as it did for the BLRO.

Care to share your thoughts as to why the demand will not be as high?

Old 21 March 2019, 02:02 PM   #43
lhawli
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grymg View Post
If people don't like the jub, just buy a used sub bracelet for $1K, then you have a BLNR with updated movement with an oyster bracelet. Am I missing something?

Easier to buy a SJ bracelet and swap out with oyster bracelet with that logic.

But the point I’m making is that the new BLNR will be hard to get and will well used for more than the discontinued BLNR so for the buyer saving a few $1000’s for what is essentially the same watch is a no brainer.

Rolex GMT Master II [116710BLNR]
Rolex Cosmograph Daytona [116500LN]
lhawli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2019, 02:09 PM   #44
GradyPhilpott
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007timer View Post
Good time to establish a relationship and buy when no one else is.
I can't speak to the rest of your post, but it is always a good time to meet and greet your local AD.

Inaugural TRF $50 Watch Challenge Winner
GradyPhilpott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2019, 02:12 PM   #45
Vaxe
"TRF" Member

Except the super jubilee folks are buying has a different endlnk vs the factory stock one that comes on new BLRO and BLNR, plus with the refreshed case (tapered lugs) and new dial - the old BLNR is never going to look like the new 2019 version.... for folks who care about details.

On the other hand, the new 2019 BLNR can wear an oyster bracelet like a champ, so you can rotate between the super jubilee and oyster seemlessly

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhawli View Post
Easier to buy a SJ bracelet and swap out with oyster bracelet with that logic.

But the point I’m making is that the new BLNR will be hard to get and will well used for more than the discontinued BLNR so for the buyer saving a few $1000’s for what is essentially the same watch is a no brainer.

Vaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2019, 02:13 PM   #46
uhren917
"TRF" Member

Quote:
The something you're missing is that the Oyster bracelet with PCL on the GMT is not the same Glidelock Oyster on the Sub.
uhren917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2019, 02:14 PM   #47
yonexsp
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710BLNR
Quote:

I find it telling that no one has answered your message. But yeah, you are right
yonexsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2019, 02:15 PM   #48
mrporter
"TRF" Member

I was about to swap my Batman with sub 1680, but I guess I'll hold onto it for a while
mrporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2019, 02:17 PM   #49
rolexero
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonovox View Post
The 116710BLNR will become legend. That's not just owner bias. It's a very different watch than the updated model and it's the first Rolex reference to have a two-tone ceramic bezel. That history won't change. Perhaps it won't mean much in the short term, and I agree FOMO is very real, but it's a great piece and today marks the end of a special reference.
I agree completely. While it may not be super rare, the old oyster bracelet BLNR is a very special watch.
rolexero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2019, 02:19 PM   #50
Bobby100
Banned

Watch: Breitling Avenger
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolexero View Post
I agree completely. While it may not be super rare, the old oyster bracelet BLNR is a very special watch.
As special as any modern rolex steel watch that has been in production for years with hundreds of thousands scattered around the world.
Bobby100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2019, 02:23 PM   #51
importstunna
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Except the super jubilee folks are buying has a different endlnk vs the factory stock one that comes on new BLRO and BLNR, plus with the refreshed case (tapered lugs) and new dial - the old BLNR is never going to look like the new 2019 version.... for folks who care about details.

On the other hand, the new 2019 BLNR can wear an oyster bracelet like a champ, so you can rotate between the super jubilee and oyster seemlessly

1 - are the lugs really tapered when compared to the old BLNR? I can’t tell with the pictures.
2 - how do you know oyster bracelet will fit perfectly? Does it need different spring bars?

Thanks!!

importstunna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2019, 03:03 PM   #52
Vaxe
"TRF" Member

Hodinkee mentioned the new BLNR tapered lugs but I haven’t seen any side by side comparisons. The lugs on the BLRO are indeed more tapered, so we know they have 2 styles of steel cases for the 116710. This was done, according to Rolex, to accommodate the super jubilee.

Yes many folks here wear their BLRO on oyster. It’s a 100% match but requires a shorter springbar, same one as 116500 or 39mm OP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by importstunna View Post
1 - are the lugs really tapered when compared to the old BLNR? I can’t tell with the pictures.
2 - how do you know oyster bracelet will fit perfectly? Does it need different spring bars?

Thanks!!

Vaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2019, 05:39 PM   #53
clb521
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007timer View Post
The prices are insanely high. I was hoping to get answers from BaselWorld about the shortage of Professional lineup. Specifically the Submariners. That has not happened and the mystery remains.

The pricing of the GMT will continue to rise as long as there are people willing to pay. The number of people willing to pay 22K are gone. Now we see those who are willing to pay 20k, then 17k, .... you get the picture until it stabilized (stabilization could mean they will go over MSRP)

I wonder if the black bezel GMT Master II that no one wanted will bring more money now that it’s no longer offered from Rolex.

They have already gone up 1000-1500 in classifieds

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
clb521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2019, 08:50 PM   #54
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Hodinkee mentioned the new BLNR tapered lugs but I haven’t seen any side by side comparisons. The lugs on the BLRO are indeed more tapered, so we know they have 2 styles of steel cases for the 116710. This was done, according to Rolex, to accommodate the super jubilee.

Yes many folks here wear their BLRO on oyster. It’s a 100% match but requires a shorter springbar, same one as 116500 or 39mm OP.
Think we have to see a side by side to see if there is any real taper. The Journos were saying the case was different last year but that seems largely a myth or so minute as to make no difference.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2019, 09:04 PM   #55
Zakalwe
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
Think we have to see a side by side to see if there is any real taper. The Journos were saying the case was different last year but that seems largely a myth or so minute as to make no difference.
Agreed. The emperor has no clothes as far as the “redesigned case” (Rolex own marketing words) is concerned. I always assumed that phrase implied that they’d minutely repositioned the lug-holes.
Old 21 March 2019, 10:46 PM   #56
DoctorA
"TRF" Member

Anytime any Rolex is discontinued, prices go up! Look at the 16710 Pepsi and even look at the first version of the deep blue !
Old 21 March 2019, 10:58 PM   #57
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakalwe View Post
Agreed. The emperor has no clothes as far as the “redesigned case” (Rolex own marketing words) is concerned. I always assumed that phrase implied that they’d minutely repositioned the lug-holes.
Wei mentioned this last year but on his vid this year there is no mention of the case, just the mvmt and Jubilee and ofc lots on Philipp.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2019, 11:09 PM   #58
jsausley
"TRF" Member

Watch: 214270/116710BLNR
Honestly, it's best to think of the new 126710BLNR as a 126710BLRO with a black and blue bezel than a 116710BLNR with a new movement, new printed dial, newly redesigned case, etc.
Old 21 March 2019, 11:21 PM   #59
LndLord
"TRF" Member

its all in your head I promise you guys.
LndLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2019, 11:42 PM   #60
mistercoach32
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonovox View Post
Agree.
mistercoach32 is offline   Reply With Quote