The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 21 March 2019, 08:36 AM   #1
ALF61
"TRF" Member

Price Of 116710 BLNR Through the Roof !!!

Looking at Chrono 24 the low end for an unworn is firmly over $14,000 and the high end well over $17,000 and DavidSW has pulled his offerings or sold them all. this reference is a gonner sky high. Bye bye.
ALF61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2019, 08:43 AM   #2
2001jesper
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116234
Its a market that is not rational. Price increases for the old version is imo not warranted due to the continuation of the watch and mass production in the past 5 years. What a joke and hopefully no-one buys at those price levels
2001jesper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2019, 08:46 AM   #3
VastHorizon
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Full blown insanity.
Funny how the market is easily manipulated.

Pull current ads making people believe they’ve sold.
Slowly release product at a much higher price point thinking everyone is paying that much.
Fuel FOMO.
Profit.
VastHorizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2019, 08:53 AM   #4
007timer
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR
The prices are insanely high. I was hoping to get answers from BaselWorld about the shortage of Professional lineup. Specifically the Submariners. That has not happened and the mystery remains.

The pricing of the GMT will continue to rise as long as there are people willing to pay. The number of people willing to pay 22K are gone. Now we see those who are willing to pay 20k, then 17k, .... you get the picture until it stabilized (stabilization could mean they will go over MSRP)

I wonder if the black bezel GMT Master II that no one wanted will bring more money now that it’s no longer offered from Rolex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
007timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2019, 08:54 AM   #5
Madman37
"TRF" Member

I want the BLNR but those prices are a joke. They can keep their watches at those prices.
Madman37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2019, 08:55 AM   #6
TVal07
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116600 (SD4K)
Irrational, insane, and borderline distasteful.

We’re way past typical supply and demand economics here. FOMO in all its glory justified by YOLO.

You know what they say about a fool and his money.
TVal07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2019, 08:56 AM   #7
bonovox
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: your time
It'll be interesting to see where it goes. My AD today told me last year at this time, their phone was blowing up all day. Today, crickets. As of 2PM, 3 requests for the updated BLNR.
bonovox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2019, 09:09 AM   #8
ewdi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonovox View Post
It'll be interesting to see where it goes. My AD today told me last year at this time, their phone was blowing up all day. Today, crickets. As of 2PM, 3 requests for the updated BLNR.
Yeah Pepsi launch was insane, spoke to a dealer this morning in Japan, I was the first one to ping him, last year Pepsi gets 19 orders by the time he woke up - that is just crazy
Old 21 March 2019, 09:11 AM   #9
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
It's always morning in watchland these days.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2019, 09:15 AM   #10
TimeToWatch
Banned

Watch: Rolex & AP
Please bear in mind that these are just asking prices and not necessarily what they'll ultimately sell for. On the low end, I can find preowned BLNRs for 12k ask, which is around where they were pre-release. With that said, I've seen many today argue that 116710BLNR prices will fall. I can't see this scenario panning out.

It seems at least at this point, a majority still prefers the BLNR on Oyster to Jubilee. With the Oyster supply now dried up and demand remaining steady (if not higher) for that specific look, I'd expect pricing on par with the BLRO in short time.

In many polls I've seen, a majority even prefer the BLNR's aesthetics to the BLRO. For that reason, I wouldn't be shocked if prices eventually exceed those of the BLRO.
TimeToWatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2019, 09:26 AM   #11
InitialAndPitch
Banned

Watch: GMT-II BLRO PEPSI
There seems to be plenty of attempts to ‘test the water’ so to speak. Asking prices thousands over other sellers to see if somebody is mad enough to go there. I paid a Pepsi premium - but one that I could live with. The cycle will start again post Basel and may only be interrupted by a significant economic event.
InitialAndPitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2019, 09:36 AM   #12
purestrike
"TRF" Member

Watch: VC 82172/000G-9383
Quote:
Originally Posted by InitialAndPitch View Post
There seems to be plenty of attempts to ‘test the water’ so to speak. Asking prices thousands over other sellers to see if somebody is mad enough to go there. I paid a Pepsi premium - but one that I could live with. The cycle will start again post Basel and may only be interrupted by a significant economic event.
Totally testing the waters, spot on, like illiquid bonds...
purestrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2019, 09:37 AM   #13
ALF61
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Pull current ads making people believe they’ve sold.
It is a wide market reaction not just DavidSW. I am guessing he sees too much variation in higher prices that he wants to wait before he offers. Market is much bigger.

Quote:
I wonder if the black bezel GMT Master II that no one wanted will bring more money now that it’s no longer offered from Rolex.
News is out and I don´t see any variation in price. I think it has to be a high demand hot watch before it is gone to fetch higher premiums.

Quote:
As of 2PM, 3 requests for the updated BLNR.
Can´t really compare the two. Everyone already has a BLNR, the BLRO was a novelty.

Quote:
Please bear in mind that these are just asking prices and not necessarily what they'll ultimately sell for. On the low end, I can find preowned BLNRs for 12k ask, which is around where they were pre-release. With that said, I've seen many today argue that 116710BLNR prices will fall. I can't see this scenario panning out.
Please search chrono24 for the new BLNRs. You will find prices well above 12K$ on the low end.
ALF61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2019, 10:34 AM   #14
Maverick_1908
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR
Dang. I got a call this afternoon from my AD. They got the BLNR I was waiting for. After today's news I will be holding on to it!!! I'm not into the jubilee bracelet.
Maverick_1908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2019, 10:35 AM   #15
dkg1616
"TRF" Member

Everything will calm down with SS GMTs in the next year or so... not worth it; even to get on a waiting list imo.

I let me AD know that the Daytona and SkyD are still number one and to sell the BLNR / Pepsi to those who actually want them (but secretly keep pushing them back on the other lists)
dkg1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2019, 10:46 AM   #16
Goin2drt
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVal07 View Post
Irrational, insane, and borderline distasteful.

We’re way past typical supply and demand economics here. FOMO in all its glory justified by YOLO.

You know what they say about a fool and his money.
Yep yet everyone continue to be a fool and part with their money so the joke and madness continues. As soon as DSW reposts those same watches, they will be gone/sold.
Goin2drt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2019, 10:48 AM   #17
samcarlos
"TRF" Member

I am one that is a fan of the jubilee. One quick text to my AD and I’m the first on the waiting list as per my AD. I’ll have it by the end of June. should be a great rotation watch in combination with the Hulk. I feel that the sub trumps the old GMT oyster bracelet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg FA2BA1B0-02D6-4736-98AE-3401E3D3F82B.jpeg (115.0 KB, 3346 views)
samcarlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2019, 10:48 AM   #18
Vaxe
"TRF" Member

The new one has an updated case, dial, and movement. It can also go on the oyster bracelet. Superior in every way, not sure why anyone would pay more of a premium for the older version.
Speaking from a guy who has one.
Vaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2019, 11:04 AM   #19
GSBC
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaxe View Post
The new one has an updated case, dial, and movement. It can also go on the oyster bracelet. Superior in every way, not sure why anyone would pay more of a premium for the older version.
Agree. People are free to ask whatever they want. Something tells me they’re not actually selling for that.
GSBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2019, 11:06 AM   #20
rushca01
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT BLRO
Quote:
Originally Posted by samcarlos View Post
I am one that is a fan of the jubilee. One quick text to my AD and I’m the first on the waiting list as per my AD. I’ll have it by the end of June. should be a great rotation watch in combination with the Hulk. I feel that the sub trumps the old GMT oyster bracelet.
That’s awesome, good for you my friend! I wish I could do that..there are two watches I would order and I’d be done!
rushca01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2019, 11:35 AM   #21
fania123
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Wonder how many others were roped into paying in full for a watch to be “top” on the list. So glad my only preference is that of 4 to 5 digit rolexes.
fania123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2019, 11:37 AM   #22
lawrence1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaxe View Post
It does not have an updated case.
lawrence1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2019, 11:40 AM   #23
BobDyl
"TRF" Member

Hilarious. Mass "luxury" market daily wearers entering Patek Calatrava pricing. Love my LN practically to death but these watches are *possibly* worth retail, if that. Anyone paying more, believing they're getting some rare chunk of unobtanium that will forever appreciate, is paying for marketing and market hype. After the coming recession hits, Chrono24 is going to be flooded with these.
BobDyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2019, 11:58 AM   #24
Bebot
"TRF" Member

Watch: U macallit
Nope not me. Not going to get caught on this hype.

--- __0 __0 __0
----_-\<,_ -\<,
_(_)(_)/_(_)/ (_)
Bebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2019, 12:00 PM   #25
gccmd
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobDyl View Post
Hilarious. Mass "luxury" market daily wearers entering Patek Calatrava pricing. Love my LN practically to death but these watches are *possibly* worth retail, if that. Anyone paying more, believing they're getting some rare chunk of unobtanium that will forever appreciate, is paying for marketing and market hype. After the coming recession hits, Chrono24 is going to be flooded with these.
My sentiments exactly.
gccmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2019, 12:02 PM   #26
gccmd
"TRF" Member

Quote:
You might be first on the list after all the VIP’s and big spenders that want one get theirs. The good news is that the demand is probably not going to reach the same level as it did for the BLRO.
gccmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2019, 12:09 PM   #27
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

FOMO trumps all logic
Fleetlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2019, 12:12 PM   #28
Locust
"TRF" Member

Watch: All
Both are great. Wish Rolex would just offer a choice like the good old days. Doesn’t matter jubilee or oyster, both excellent excellent watches.
Locust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2019, 12:21 PM   #29
peterpl
Banned

$17k for the old BLNR - HAHAHHAHAHA

Please thats just laughable.
peterpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2019, 12:22 PM   #30
Frank McKay
"TRF" Member

Someone in this thread mentioned that the new BLNR Jubilee has a different dial than the old version. What’s the difference?
Frank McKay is offline   Reply With Quote