The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 15 May 2021, 01:31 AM   #31
paulwli
"TRF" Member

I also like the bracelet from the 50th anniversary apollo 11. Does anyone know how much it costs? Thanks.
paulwli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2021, 02:07 AM   #32
hedet
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb_sub View Post
Anyone try any of the newer Uncle Seiko bracelets for the SMP300? Sorry, can’t post a link yet...

This is the Mexican holzer bracelet. Also have a 1171 but use that for my speedy so I have bent the end links to fit the 300m.
hedet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2021, 02:59 AM   #33
502 to Right
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb_sub View Post
Anyone try any of the newer Uncle Seiko bracelets for the SMP300? Sorry, can’t post a link yet...
I have the 1171 bracelet from Uncle Seiko. The fit and look is very good. The bracelet end links were designed for the Speedy but it will fit a 20mm lug width Seamaster 300m. There are tutorials online showing how to modify the end links with a needle nose pliers but I was able to press mine into place (with some force from my fingers) without using a tool.

My only complaint is that it's a vintage style bracelet with the downsides that come with that. Hollow end links, light and jangly bracelet, and friction fit stamped clasp with no safety release.

As I bought the 1171 for use on my 2012-2017 era 300m the vintage feel is not ideal. And that's not to say I hate vintage style bracelets. I just prefer them on a watch that harkens back to something from the 1950's-1970's like my Silver Watch Co. Milsub homage.
502 to Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2021, 11:39 AM   #34
502 to Right
"TRF" Member

I'm currently wearing my 300m on a Strapcode Jubilee. The fit is perfect. Solid endlinks and it has a substantial, quality feel. Taper is 20/18 so better then the OEM Bond bracelet. I'd prefer 20/16 with a more discrete clasp though.
Old 15 May 2021, 10:15 PM   #35
Krash
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sub, DJ41, GMT
Why Taper Matters: Correcting The Omega Seamaster Bracelet

I don’t own the Seamaster 300 mp. So admittedly I’m not an expert. However, this watch is at the top of my wishlist.

I tried one on numerous times, and I definitely prefer the steel bracelet over the rubber strap.

So why is the lack of a taper such an issue?

When I read these posts, I wanted to see for it myself, but I just didn’t see an issue with it when I tried it on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Krash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2021, 10:35 PM   #36
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krash View Post
I don’t own the Seamaster 300 mp. So admittedly I’m not an expert. However, this watch is at the top of my wishlist.

I tried one on numerous times, and I definitely prefer the steel bracelet over the rubber strap.

When I read these posts, I wanted to see for it myself, but I just didn’t see an issue with it when I tried it on.

Just personal preference. Some people find the steel bracelet and it's lack of taper to look bulky. The style of the links is off-putting to some.

Others like it just fine as it is. Whatever floats your boat.

Sent from my Galaxy S20 using Tapatalk
samson66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2021, 10:39 PM   #37
GreatScott
"TRF" Member

I love the current bracelet, good balance with the head and super comfortable.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
GreatScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2021, 04:40 AM   #38
trippinjimmy
"TRF" Member

I quite enjoy the current bracelet too, but where it really shines is in the two tone variations. Just that subtle pop of color really takes it to a whole new level.

I think initially, it wore heavier than an oyster to me, and I found the oyster better. Now I’ve come to appreciate both and think the seamaster bracelet is more, umm, masculine if you will. Not that the oyster is feminine, but they both have their own highlights, to the point that I wouldn’t declare one better than the other.

Since threads need pics.

trippinjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2021, 06:02 AM   #39
Krash
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trippinjimmy View Post
I quite enjoy the current bracelet too, but where it really shines is in the two tone variations. Just that subtle pop of color really takes it to a whole new level.

I think initially, it wore heavier than an oyster to me, and I found the oyster better. Now I’ve come to appreciate both and think the seamaster bracelet is more, umm, masculine if you will. Not that the oyster is feminine, but they both have their own highlights, to the point that I wouldn’t declare one better than the other.

Since threads need pics.

That’s gorgeous. It would be sacrilege to swap your bracelet out for anything else.

Old 16 May 2021, 03:01 PM   #40
502 to Right
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I find no taper bracelets to look more crude and less refined. I also think I'm used to my Rolex's that typically have a 20/16 taper. It's what my eye is used and looks good to me.

There's nothing inherently wrong with a bracelet that doesn't taper. It's just personal preference.
Old 19 May 2021, 06:11 PM   #41
Qristian
"TRF" Member

In my Speedy Pro 1861 the bracelet (1958/957) tapers from 20mm to 18mm, though the clasp is 20 mm. That is enough taper to me.
Omega Speedmaster Pro 005
Qristian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2021, 01:23 PM   #42
Krash
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 502 to Right View Post
I find no taper bracelets to look more crude and less refined. I also think I'm used to my Rolex's that typically have a 20/16 taper. It's what my eye is used and looks good to me.

There's nothing inherently wrong with a bracelet that doesn't taper. It's just personal preference.

Truth is, I almost always prefer watches on a leather strap except when it comes to Rolex watches. Rolex bracelets are definitely better and more refined. I love the bracelet on my Submariner.

I bought a Speedmaster on a leather strap. The bracelet wasn’t even a consideration for me, but again, when it comes to the Seamaster, I really like the bracelet a lot. So it definitely comes down to personal preferences. Plus, it’s a diver. Makes no sense to have a diver with a leather strap on it.

Old 21 May 2021, 05:44 PM   #43
shalako
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I own the White dial Seamaster Diver 300m on bracelet and love it, the lack of taper on the bracelet is not an issue for me at all as it isn’t for many other owners of this watch. It clearly bothers some but as nice as these posted alternatives are for me they still don’t look as good as the original bracelet it comes with. Perhaps Omega will listen to this criticism in the same way Rolex did with the JC DSSD and to an updated version of this watch which addresses the bracelet taper issue that bothers some folk.
My biggest criticism of this watch which I rarely hear mentioned is the bezel design makes it hard to turn especially when compared to my Planet Ocean, otherwise it’s pretty much perfect.
shalako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2021, 09:40 PM   #44
Wrist Watcher
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Hulk 116610LV

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalako View Post
I own the White dial Seamaster Diver 300m on bracelet and love it, the lack of taper on the bracelet is not an issue for me at all as it isn’t for many other owners of this watch. It clearly bothers some but as nice as these posted alternatives are for me they still don’t look as good as the original bracelet it comes with. Perhaps Omega will listen to this criticism in the same way Rolex did with the JC DSSD and to an updated version of this watch which addresses the bracelet taper issue that bothers some folk.
My biggest criticism of this watch which I rarely hear mentioned is the bezel design makes it hard to turn especially when compared to my Planet Ocean, otherwise it’s pretty much perfect.

You make a good point about the bezel being difficult to turn. I don’t turn mine very often, so I usually forget about that but it’s probably my biggest critique of the 300m just behind the non-tapering bracelet which is purely a subjective thing.

As I’ve said before, I could do without the HE valve completely (or shrink it slightly) and I would be perfectly fine if they thinned the case out some or even went back to 41mm or down to 40mm, but those are not “issues” for me as I believe the watch wears and looks great in its current form.

The Rolex Submariner remains and will likely always be THE diver for me if I had to choose just one to have forever, but honestly I enjoy wearing the 300m more and on specs and looks alone it goes head-to-head with the Sub which costs twice as much at retail and three times as much on the grey market. The 300m is such an awesome watch at a great price.
Wrist Watcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2021, 11:13 PM   #45
trippinjimmy
"TRF" Member

That’s my biggest complaint as well, not a deal breaker, but the dodecahedronal shape is slippery/difficult to grip.

The hev, to me anyway, only shows up in photos. I don’t notice it on the wrist.

trippinjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2021, 11:36 PM   #46
DJ2020
"TRF" Member

Watch: 226570
I actually prefer a non taper or a slight taper on a Bracelet. Especially on a dive watch. I'm sure I will get roasted for this, But I really don't like the tapper on the new Submariner. I think it's to much. Especially in some photos I have seen when the watch is off the wrist. Disproportioned in reference to the watch head down to the taper . And I think the NEW Seamaster bracelet is leaps and bounds more comfortable and versatile than the Oyster. (ducking... rocks being thrown) Having owned both.

But I have to say the most comfortable bracelet I have ever worn is the Satin brushed finished S3 on the new Breitling 42 SO. That bracelet is incredibly smooth and extremely comfortable. Yes I know, stamp steel clasp and all. But it works and works well.

But in the end, we are all different in wrist shape, the way we interpret appearance and function of a watch or band. A lot of issues come to bare just from the way each of us wear a watch or the activity we are involved in. It does make a difference .
Rolex 226570, Explorer II Club
DJ2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2021, 08:48 PM   #47
cuibono
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS SkyD
I've had my seamaster for about 13 years, I don't mind the non taper and I'm actually not sure how they could taper it tbh given its construction. I agree with the criticism regarding the difficulty to turn the bezel. Grip isn't great.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
cuibono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2022, 03:45 AM   #48
spacemanvt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikedlee View Post
It's available on Amazon here in the states. I think also a website called Strapcode should have it.
is this the correct one?
https://www.amazon.com/Release-Milan...ef_=ast_sto_dp

this one is a bit cheaper but i believe it doesnt taper
https://www.amazon.com/Release-Super...ef_=ast_sto_dp
spacemanvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2022, 07:21 PM   #49
Krash
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

I’m reading this post I submitted back in last April. I ended up buying one after all and I still like the bracelet a lot. It’s nice having different types of bracelets on different watches.

Old 4 January 2022, 09:44 PM   #50
Kram In Oz
"TRF" Member

Watch: dj 1603 blue
Another retro variation on milanese is 'Shark Mesh'. Omega even has an OME:

*Dang. 2 posts short to post a pic link, you'll have to google it, sorry... *

Part Numbers:
20mm: 020ST1380237
22mm: 020ST1247237
24mm: 020ST1266237
Kram In Oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2022, 05:13 AM   #51
drjrhc
"TRF" Member

Watch: Calibre 11 Monaco
Quote:
This is OEM...

Care to share the part number for the bracelet, and cost?

Any issues fitting it to your Seamaster?

Thanks!
drjrhc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2022, 09:31 AM   #52
spacemanvt
"TRF" Member

looks very similar to the Uncle Seiko or Forstner Flat link? Am I right?
spacemanvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 February 2022, 09:20 AM   #53
44x16
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT/74speedy
That two tone looks dam good
44x16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2022, 06:06 AM   #54
7enderbender
"TRF" Member

Quote:
]

Definitely curious about the shorter NTTD bracelet. For now mine sits on the NATO.
In any case, that looks like a very well made shirt.
7enderbender is offline   Reply With Quote