The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watch Reviews (Non-Rolex)

Old 9 March 2021, 12:18 AM   #1
thesingularity7
"TRF" Member

Wicked Watch Co. Pearl Diver - Excellent Lume & Good Prices

Video review - https://youtu.be/la7SVw1hzlM

Written review - https://www.beansandbezels.com/revie...d-pearl-diver/

Wicked Watch Co. is a new micro-brand based out of Switzerland, and I believe this is their second attempt at releasing an affordable dive watch. Their first, under the ‘W Timepieces‘ name, wasn’t able to reach it’s funding goal, and was eventually unsuccessful on Kickstarter. But after some careful rebranding and redesigning, the Wicked Watch Co. Pearl Diver will go back to Kickstarter in a few weeks, and with their updated and upgraded watches, I suspect that they’re going to do quite well.

The highlights for me, are the excellent early bird price, the good build quality, but most importantly the incredible LumiCast lume on the dial, as well as very deeply filled lumed bezel elements. I don’t usually throw lume shots into my introductions, but this one deserves it!

The brand’s owner has been very transparent regarding the manufacturing origins of each component, and has indicated that the case, crystal, straps and accessories are made in China, while the dial and hands are made in Switzerland. You then have an option of a Swiss made STP1-11 movement, or the more affordable Seiko NH35.

You can argue that the micro-brand watch community doesn’t really need another dive watch, but I think if we’re going to keep getting more of them anyway, it doesn’t hurt that this one is pretty good looking, with solid hardware and insane lume to back it up. I wasn’t paid to write this review, but I will be receiving one of these watches once they begin to ship.

This watch is scheduled to go live on Kickstarter in a few weeks, and will have an early bird price of around $220, and will then see multiple $50 increments. The final retail price after the campaign is set to be $450.

thesingularity7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2021, 12:56 AM   #2
m j b
"TRF" Member

Watch: ♕& Ω
Thanks Shreyas. Nice review, great photography.

I just looked, and the kickstarter campaign is fully funded (150%-ish) and spots are still available.

Yes, the diver market may be full, and there are lots of microbrands, but a lot of them are cheaply made in China, and this seems to be a nice exception to that.

I don't need another watch and I'm not really swayed by the bronze or the rounded bezel, but yet I'm tempted just because it is so unique and appears nicely made. And at $425 for the Swiss movement, that's certainly a bargain compared to say Rolex or Omega... and heck, still half the price or even less for some notable micros.

Disclaimer: Please note that the avatar is not an accurate representation of how I look. The camera adds 10 pounds...
m j b is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diver , kickstarter , pearl , watch , wicked