The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 23 January 2022, 12:51 PM   #1
Edward Pellew
"TRF" Member

Oyster Perpetual 41 Question

I visited my local AD today to try on an Oyster Perpetual 41, but they only had a single Datejust 41 so I tried that on.

I’d like a Datejust but then, with the Jubilee bracelet and the white gold fluted bezel, it jumps in price to ten grand. For a few bucks more I could get in the queue for Batman.

My question is, if I bought from a boutique, could I order the Oyster Perpetual 41 with a Jubilee bracelet?

I assume the OP 41 and the Datejust utilize the same case, so fitting should not be a problem.

Thank you.

I wonder if Rolex want people to know you’re wearing their cheapest watch (about $6,700 out the door!) by not offering any options or up-grades.
Edward Pellew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2022, 01:46 PM   #2
3HandsNoDate
"TRF" Member

Watch: 124060
Anyone who knows Rolex knows an OP41 is no longer their cheapest watch. Maybe on paper, but not in reality. Turq dials going for Daytona prices.

Which goes to show you, anyone who cares about “what level Rolex” someone has is probably just an a**hole, anyway. Buy what you like.
3HandsNoDate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2022, 02:59 PM   #3
Zuger
"TRF" Member

Watch: me set the time
I recall someone here posting a picture of his OP41 on jubilee so it’s probably possible.
Zuger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2022, 03:53 PM   #4
Edward Pellew
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3HandsNoDate View Post
Anyone who knows Rolex knows an OP41 is no longer their cheapest watch. Maybe on paper, but not in reality. Turq dials going for Daytona prices.

Which goes to show you, anyone who cares about “what level Rolex” someone has is probably just an a**hole, anyway. Buy what you like.
I do not understand your attitude, and since I mentioned the AD, your concern for what turquoise dialed Oyster Perpetual 41 watches “are going for” is not germane. I do not now, nor have I ever wanted any watch badly enough to pay a 50% or 100% premium to get one.

You can rest assured, I will buy what I like . . .
Old 23 January 2022, 04:00 PM   #5
Edward Pellew
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuger View Post
I recall someone here posting a picture of his OP41 on jubilee so it’s probably possible.
I saw a thread where the poster had just bought a Batman GMT with an Oyster bracelet, and he wanted to supplement it with a Jubilee.

He said Rolex would only give him a Jubilee if he traded the Oyster and kick in $2,500 to boot!

If you recall where you saw that photo, I’d appreciate hearing about it.

Thank you.
Old 23 January 2022, 04:27 PM   #6
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Pellew View Post
I visited my local AD today to try on an Oyster Perpetual 41, but they only had a single Datejust 41 so I tried that on.

I’d like a Datejust but then, with the Jubilee bracelet and the white gold fluted bezel, it jumps in price to ten grand. For a few bucks more I could get in the queue for Batman.

My question is, if I bought from a boutique, could I order the Oyster Perpetual 41 with a Jubilee bracelet?

I assume the OP 41 and the Datejust utilize the same case, so fitting should not be a problem.

Thank you.
I wonder if Rolex want people to know you’re wearing their cheapest watch (about $6,700 out the door!) by not offering any options or up-grades.
In most cases now, it’s not as simple as “get in the queue for a Batman”
There will be hundreds wanting to “fight” over a handful of watches . The days of chronological lists are pretty much gone now
Nairn1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2022, 06:51 PM   #7
Edward Pellew
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairn1980 View Post
In most cases now, it’s not as simple as “get in the queue for a Batman”.

There will be hundreds wanting to “fight” over a handful of watches. The days of chronological lists are pretty much gone now.
I don’t have the inclination to fight for any watch, but I do understand it’s a good idea to schmooze the AD a little, to show your continuing interest.

I live in a medium-sized urban area, so getting the Oyster Perpetual 41 in blue, which makes more sense for me, shouldn’t be the challenge Batman would be in a larger or more cosmopolitan area.
Old 23 January 2022, 08:12 PM   #8
Andy355
"TRF" Member

No you can’t as the OP is only supplied on oyster. RSC won’t supply one either. I tried that as I like the look
Andy355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2022, 08:25 PM   #9
Number3
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060LB
The 62610 jubilee will fit but Rolex will not supply it to you. Have a look on Chrono24, there’s one for sale in the States now.
Number3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2022, 08:29 PM   #10
solesman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I saw a thread where the poster had just bought a Batman GMT with an Oyster bracelet, and he wanted to supplement it with a Jubilee.

He said Rolex would only give him a Jubilee if he traded the Oyster and kick in $2,500 to boot!

If you recall where you saw that photo, I’d appreciate hearing about it.

Thank you.

Mrwatch85 on Instagram. He only a Datejust 41 and swaps the jubilee out fairly often onto the OP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
solesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2022, 08:37 PM   #11
karleone
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Thank you.

No you can’t. The OP is only sold on oyster.
karleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2022, 08:45 AM   #12
JR16
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by karleone View Post
No you can’t. The OP is only sold on oyster.

This is the correct and only answer. If you want a jubilee bracelet you would need to source it on your own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
JR16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2022, 08:56 AM   #13
WatchesNBlondes
Banned

I think the Datejust looks best on Jubliee with Fluted and the OP41 looks best on Oyster with the smooth bezel.
WatchesNBlondes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2022, 09:05 AM   #14
nyyankees
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1216610
Quote:
Originally Posted by solesman View Post

Mrwatch85 on Instagram. He only a Datejust 41 and swaps the jubilee out fairly often onto the OP.

Generally not a fan of the OP at all but dang I really like that!

nyyankees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2022, 12:35 PM   #15
Edward Pellew
"TRF" Member

The funny thing is, I already have an OP36

I am going to actively pursue the OP41 in blue, and I can live with the Oyster bracelet, but I have had this OP36 for a number of years.

As with the current iteration, the dial and hands couldn’t be more simple, and it is interesting there are double batons at 3, 6 and 9, which might be an inspiration for the hour markers on the new OP41.

At 36mm, the 1018 is smaller than I like and the sapphire crystal on the modern watch lends itself better to regular or daily wear.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg DF25B886-748A-4185-99F3-B499F5DF97B3.jpeg (127.7 KB, 312 views)
Old 24 January 2022, 07:27 PM   #16
amphr1
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I do not understand your attitude, and since I mentioned the AD, your concern for what turquoise dialed Oyster Perpetual 41 watches “are going for” is not germane. I do not now, nor have I ever wanted any watch badly enough to pay a 50% or 100% premium to get one.

You can rest assured, I will buy what I like . . .
I think the question is whether an AD will sell it to you.
amphr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2022, 10:48 PM   #17
Edward Pellew
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amphora001 View Post
I think the question is whether an AD will sell it to you.
My comment to that person was more about the unnecessary, snarky attitude than about watch availability.

I understand there is a high demand for these watches, and I understand there is a select group of people who have more dollars than sense, who will pay 300%, or $400% or 500% over retail to get a watch. I am not in that select group.

I have been accumulating watches for about 30 years and I don’t need any more watches to make my life complete. While I would like the OP41, my life will not be altered if I have to wait for one, or if I don’t get one at all.
Old 25 January 2022, 12:48 AM   #18
carwashchris
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Vintage DD'S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuger View Post
Yes I remember that too Don't remember the thread, I found it interesting because I do have an OP41 and I also like the jubilee bracelet.
carwashchris is offline   Reply With Quote