The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 2 June 2012, 07:35 PM   #1
SW0000
"TRF" Member

Submariner Accuracy Problem

I recently purchased a Sub model 116610LN from my AD. After 48 hours the watch had lost 5 minutes. I returned the watch for a full credit assuming the watch was defective.
I have multiple other Rolex pieces and have never had a problem with accuracy.
Before I go back and purchase the same model again, I would like to hear if other members here have experienced or heard of accuracy problems with the this piece.
Thanks for your feedback.
SW0000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2012, 07:44 PM   #2
JGX
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW0000 View Post
I recently purchased a Sub model 116610LN from my AD. After 48 hours the watch had lost 5 minutes. I returned the watch for a full credit assuming the watch was defective.
I have multiple other Rolex pieces and have never had a problem with accuracy.
Before I go back and purchase the same model again, I would like to hear if other members here have experienced or heard of accuracy problems with the this piece.
Thanks for your feedback.
Not with a Sub - but I did have an accuracy issue with a GMT IIC - thread here: http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=227995

My replacement was fine so I suspect it was just one of those things.
JGX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2012, 09:19 PM   #3
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Never ever had any problem with any Rolex but myself would have done a test over a week or so after a full wind.But would have rang the AD to say there could be a problem with the watches accuracy.Now after the bare uncased movements are tested at the Swiss COSC then shipped back to Rolex.Then perhaps stored for weeks, months, or more before finally cased into a completed watch.Then finally shipped to the ADs world wide there are many things that could upset the regulation of the movement.But regulation in-fact is quite a simple task and takes around 30 minutes start to finish its accomplished by turning the Microstella adjustment screws and nuts.The two smaller Microstella screws make adjustments of one second for each turn, and the larger Microstella, two seconds for one turn, but rate adjustment on the balance wheel its around a max of 30-50 seconds either way.The cal 3135 since its introduction in 1988 till present time has powered millions upon millions of Rolex watches and myself cannot recollect many problem with Subs, YM, SD, DSSD or the DJ or any other that use the cal 3135 movement with accuracy.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2012, 09:31 PM   #4
dddrees
"TRF" Member

Watch: This N That
Sorry to hear you experienced an issue. Typically they do a real good job of selling watches which have no issues, however with all the watches they sell from time to time there are bound to be a problem or two. But if there were a problem it's surely something that could of been addressed and corrected. The movement being used in the Submariner is the exact same movement being used in a number of the other models Rolex produces. I have yet to experience anything like this with any of my Rolex watches.

Loyal Foot Soldier of The Nylon Nation.

Card Carrying Member of the Global Association of
Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
dddrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2012, 09:38 PM   #5
travisb
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes..
Never had a problem with any Rolex I've owned.

Very rare but it happens. I would have returned it as well but don't let it keep you from getting the SubC again.
travisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2012, 11:13 PM   #6
Megalobyte
"TRF" Member

Watch: ...me go broke
Agreed, my Sub C is the most accurate watch I've owned. Odds are lightning won't strike twice. :)
Megalobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2012, 12:01 AM   #7
kilyung
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sundial
Sadly you'll be paying more for the same watch when you go back.
kilyung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2012, 12:09 AM   #8
pp763

Watch: 116610LN
Mine is extremely accurate and I mean extremely. Probably the most accurate out of all the Rolexes I've owned
pp763 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2012, 12:17 AM   #9
dmb4lfe
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LV, 116613LB
Sounds like you just got a bad one. My wife has the same problem with smartphones. I haven't had any issues with either of my SubC's. I am positive lightening won't strike twice. Pick up another SubC, you won't regret it.
"Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions. Watch your actions; they become habits. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny." – Frank Outlaw
dmb4lfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2012, 12:47 AM   #10
gwalker
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD; 116610LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmb4lfe View Post
Sounds like you just got a bad one. My wife has the same problem with smartphones. I haven't had any issues with either of my SubC's. I am positive lightening won't strike twice. Pick up another SubC, you won't regret it.
I don't think "a bad one" is the right way to cats gorier a watch that runs fast or slow. I don't think it's a lemon like a bad car. Tons of things effect mechanical watches. Probably just needs a quick regulation and all will be good. it happens from time to time. Why did you return it? Why not just get it regulated?
gwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2012, 01:40 AM   #11
boost2perfection
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116520
Never had a problem with any of my Rolex, my Sub C is very accurate, just return it for another one :)
boost2perfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2012, 04:02 AM   #12
SW0000
"TRF" Member

Thanks for everyone's input.
I am picking one up today from my AD and I will have it checked on their regulator for accuracy before purchasing it.
SW0000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2012, 04:36 AM   #13
George Ab
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Them
Yes, for the 7% price increase ($560), I probably would of had their local watchmaker repair. Maybe the dealer will honor the old price.

George Ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2012, 06:36 AM   #14
rohardi
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN, 216570
Mine is EXCESSIVELY accurate. I wore it every day for a month strait recently and it lost 2 seconds over the whole month. I even felt compelled to create a thread expressing how impressed I was with my Sub C's accuracy!

http://rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=234793
rohardi is offline   Reply With Quote