The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Panerai Discussion Forum

Old 20 September 2012, 03:15 AM   #1
DINGER
"TRF" Member

Help with new PAM

Good evening/morning everyone depending on your location!

Ever since I bought my PAM312 I've lusted after another. My 312 gets more wrist time than my GMTIIc and Daytona combined.

Top of my list is the PAM335 but I beleive this retails for about £12,000 in the UK which is way out of my budget unless I trade in one of my other watches which I'm reluctant to do as they all have sentimental value (30th birthday and wedding being amongst them).

I've just seen the PAM441 Ceramica which looks fantastic, has this been released yet in UK? I can't find any info online about release date or price. I need to take a trip into London to visit some dealers but won't have time for a month or so. Can anyone give me some detail?

I also really like the simplicity of the 422 and 423, I think I have the wrist size to pull off a 47mm watch but again can't find much info. Are these available in the UK yet and any idea on price?

On another note, a friend of mine was talking to me about the PAM392 which appears to be identical to my 312 other than it's a 42mm and not a 44mm, are there any other differences?

Apologies for all the questions, I know I should go speak to some dealers but I don't want to go in blind, like to find out some info first.

Thanks

Chris
DINGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 September 2012, 11:28 AM   #2
Psmith
"TRF" Member

Watch: spring-driven
Quote:
Originally Posted by DINGER View Post
Good evening/morning everyone depending on your location!

Ever since I bought my PAM312 I've lusted after another. My 312 gets more wrist time than my GMTIIc and Daytona combined.

Top of my list is the PAM335 but I beleive this retails for about £12,000 in the UK which is way out of my budget unless I trade in one of my other watches which I'm reluctant to do as they all have sentimental value (30th birthday and wedding being amongst them).

I've just seen the PAM441 Ceramica which looks fantastic, has this been released yet in UK? I can't find any info online about release date or price. I need to take a trip into London to visit some dealers but won't have time for a month or so. Can anyone give me some detail?

I also really like the simplicity of the 422 and 423, I think I have the wrist size to pull off a 47mm watch but again can't find much info. Are these available in the UK yet and any idea on price?

On another note, a friend of mine was talking to me about the PAM392 which appears to be identical to my 312 other than it's a 42mm and not a 44mm, are there any other differences?

Apologies for all the questions, I know I should go speak to some dealers but I don't want to go in blind, like to find out some info first.

Thanks

Chris

The 392 has no '9' on the dial, and the seconds subdial is a bit larger. I actually prefer the 392's dial as imho it is more balanced
Old 27 September 2012, 07:21 PM   #3
Glenn422
"TRF" Member

I own the PAM 422 which was bought just last week for a bit over 10 and a half grand. I have regular wrists (7.2") but I heard some stories of small wristed people able to pull off the 372 which have the exactly same case. Here's a picture on my wrist:

And with my 335 :D

Glenn422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2012, 07:44 PM   #4
Watchcraze007
Banned

Watch: All of'em!
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenn.onggara View Post
I own the PAM 422 which was bought just last week for a bit over 10 and a half grand. I have regular wrists (7.2") but I heard some stories of small wristed people able to pull off the 372 which have the exactly same case. Here's a picture on my wrist:

Here's one :)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (230.2 KB, 244 views)
Watchcraze007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2012, 07:47 PM   #5
Watchcraze007
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenn.onggara View Post

same one ;)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (235.1 KB, 243 views)
Old 27 September 2012, 08:23 PM   #6
Glenn422
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchcraze007 View Post
same one ;)
Didn't quite catch it..what's same?

Edit: Nevermind, got it :) Just realized it was different pics of the same watch
Glenn422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2012, 09:12 PM   #7
Watchcraze007
Banned

"Here's one" guy (me) who pulled off a 372 on a small wrist... AND another pic from that "same one" guy ;))
Old 28 September 2012, 06:31 AM   #8
DINGER
"TRF" Member

Great pics

So many wonderful variants it's really hard to decide. I still have my heart set on a 441 as it's a bit different to my other watches. Any ideas on price and UK availability? Has it even been released yet?
Old 28 September 2012, 07:21 PM   #9
gigantor

Watch: 116520,Pam233
Quote:
Originally Posted by DINGER View Post
Great pics

So many wonderful variants it's really hard to decide. I still have my heart set on a 441 as it's a bit different to my other watches. Any ideas on price and UK availability? Has it even been released yet?
If you like the Ceramic, you probably will only have choices of 441,335,438,317 or 396 only unless you also like the rad. 441 is already available in the market. Already saw some selling by private dealer in Singapore. Still hard to get because it is sold almost immediately. Personally I m not into 441. I rather choose the 335 because of the 8 days movement. Of course price wise is a couple of thousand different. The number on the dial on 441 with the ceramic drive me crazy...

317 is my ultimate favorite. If you are getting this, try to get hold on the K series which is the Black movement...

gigantor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 September 2012, 05:48 AM   #10
Travelller
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my sig. ;)
Hi Chris,

you say you like the simplicity of the 422 but at the same time you like the 441 which could be said to be quite the opposite, particularly as the 441 has 11/12 numbers (the "vintage" PAM having the famous 3-6-9-12 configuration). You also said the 441 is different from your other watches... how so? Besides the 312, what other watches do you have (& use)?

The 312 & 441 are autos... what's your opinion on hand-wound? Winding (either type) every three days... or how about, every 8 days...

Finally, what's your cap (how much quid mate, are you willing to pitch into this project ;)

In any event, we're all happy to help you out

Traveller - Genève / Melbourne / Miami / Wien
Wearing: 233(N) Wanting: 217, 275, 345, 368, 422 Wishing: 127, 203, 267, 276, 396
Travelller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2012, 03:21 AM   #11
DINGER
"TRF" Member

Sorry for the delay in responding.

I currently own PAM312, White Face Daytona and a GMIIc.

The real difference with the 441 is the black casing which I really like (already have 3 SS watches), I don't mind the numbers on the dial even thought it's not the traditional layout but I already have the 312.

I'd love a ceramic with 8 day movement but won't be able to stretch to that without selling one of my other watches which I'm not keen on.

I think the 441 is the most affordable Ceramic although I'm still not certain on price in UK, around £7,000.00 ?