Slculve
"TRF" Member

Agree. That was inspired!
Slculve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2014, 04:46 PM   #62
Rock
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Grail:Bluesy
OK then, while you're thinking, here's another one from the Bard.

From Julius Caesar
Marc Antony speaks:

Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your Explorers, your Submariners, in fact all your Rolex! I come to bury Caesar not to praise him.
The evil watches that men have live after them, the good ones are oft interred with their bones.
So let it be with Caesar. The noble Brutus hath told you Caesar was ambitious for many Rolex. If it were so, it was not a grievous fault, but grievously hath Caesar answer’d it.
Here, under leave of Brutus and the rest– For Brutus is an honourable man, so are they all, all honourable men– come I to speak in Caesar’s funeral. He was my friend, a WIS, faithful and just to me but Brutus says he was ambitious and Brutus is an honourable man. He hath brought many Rolex home to Rome whose sale on TRF did the general coffers fill:
Did this in Caesar seem ambitious? When that the poor have cried for lack of a Rolex, Caesar hath wept - ambition should be made of sterner stuff. Yet Brutus says he was ambitious and Brutus is an honourable man.
You all did see that on the Lupercal, I thrice presented him the kingly Rolex crown which he did thrice refuse - was this ambition? Yet Brutus says he was ambitious and, sure, he is an honourable man, though Brutus wears a Timex.
I speak not to disprove what Brutus spoke, but here I am to speak what I do know, and what I know is watches, and of those, the greatest is Rolex.
You all did love him once, not without cause – he wore a YG President. MY YG President!
What cause withholds you then, to mourn for him? O judgment! thou art fled to brutish beasts, and men have lost their reason.
Bear with me – my Rolex which I loaned, is in the coffin there with Caesar, and I must pause till it come back to me.

Foundation Member of 'Horologists Anonymous' "Hi, I'm Rocky, and I'm a Horologist..."
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2014, 07:01 PM   #63
Sarko
"TRF" Member

HEAT :)

Vincent Hanna: My life's a disaster zone. I got a Seamaster so f*%$#* up because I use to polish it myself. I got a Submariner, we're passing each other on the down-slope of a ownership - my third - because I keep flipping them all the time chasing Patek’s around the block. That's my life.

Neil McCauley: A guy told me one time, "Don't let yourself get attached to any Rolex you are not willing to flip in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat of Patek around the corner." Now, if you're on Patek quest and you gotta move when you find one, how do you expect to keep a... a Rolex?
Sarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2014, 08:43 PM   #64
soho
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Varies
The details of my life are quite inconsequential... very well, where do I begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving watch collector from Switzerland with a low grade obsession and a penchant for Rolex. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with a ladies TT DJ. My father would post on TRF, he would flip. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the term LNIB. Sometimes he would accuse rotors of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the WIS possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical. Summers changing watch bands, lug hole lessons. In the spring we'd go to Basel. When I wore a fashion watch I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with a NATO - pretty standard really.
soho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 July 2014, 12:57 PM   #65
Rock
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Grail:Bluesy
I seem to have got myself caught-up in Shakespearean references so here goes again:

From As You Like It:
Jacques speaks:
All the world’s a stage,
And all the men and women merely potential watch buyers. The many models have their exits and their entrances, and one man in his time buys many watches, his purchases being o’er seven ages.
At first the infant, mewling and puking on the nurse’s arms and on her Lady Date-Just.
And then the whining school-boy, with his Air King and shining morning face, creeping like snail unwillingly to school.
And then the lover with passionate TT Blue Submariner, sighing like furnace with a woeful ballad made to his mistress’ Lady Date-Just.
Then a soldier, bedecked with sturdy GMT, full of strange oaths, and bearded like the pard, Jealous in honour, sudden and quick in quarrel and seeking the ‘bubble-back’ reputation even in the cannon’s mouth.
And then the justice, in fair round belly with good capon lin’d, with eyes severe and beard of formal cut, platinum Daytona prominent on wrist. Full of wise saws and modern instances and so he plays his part.
The sixth age shifts into the lean and slipper’d pantaloon, with spectacles on nose and pouch on side; his youthful Explorer II well sav’d, it’s Oyster bracelet a world too wide for his shrunk shank; and his big manly voice, turning again toward childish treble, pipes and whistles in his sound. Last scene of all, that ends this strange eventful history, is second childishness and mere oblivion, sans teeth, sans eyes, sans taste, sans Rolex, sans everything.

Foundation Member of 'Horologists Anonymous' "Hi, I'm Rocky, and I'm a Horologist..."
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 July 2014, 02:06 PM   #66
pinkelle21
"TRF" Member

Watch: rolex 116300
Quote:
Originally Posted by soho View Post
The details of my life are quite inconsequential... very well, where do I begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving watch collector from Switzerland with a low grade obsession and a penchant for Rolex. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with a ladies TT DJ. My father would post on TRF, he would flip. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the term LNIB. Sometimes he would accuse rotors of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the WIS possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical. Summers changing watch bands, lug hole lessons. In the spring we'd go to Basel. When I wore a fashion watch I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with a NATO - pretty standard really.

This is so funny! Yeah baby!
pinkelle21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 July 2014, 10:42 PM   #67
TCB
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarko View Post
HEAT :)

Vincent Hanna: My life's a disaster zone. I got a Seamaster so f*%$#* up because I use to polish it myself. I got a Submariner, we're passing each other on the down-slope of a ownership - my third - because I keep flipping them all the time chasing Patek’s around the block. That's my life.

Neil McCauley: A guy told me one time, "Don't let yourself get attached to any Rolex you are not willing to flip in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat of Patek around the corner." Now, if you're on Patek quest and you gotta move when you find one, how do you expect to keep a... a Rolex?
Awesome movie!
TCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 August 2014, 05:02 PM   #68
stephentross
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sea Dweller 116600
Jack Rabbit Slims....(Watches)

JACKRABBIT WATCHES - NIGHT
In the past six years, Rolex Boutiques have sprung up all over L.A., giving other luxury brand watchmakers a run for their money. They're all basically the same decor out of "Luxury" magazines, Shiny diamonds dancing off of the well placed ceiling lights, White Gloves to showcase the time relics, Pricelists that only the finest will fork over, maybe even a little too much, But they are ROLEX watches, so some pay it.

But then you have the Rolex Forum Trusted sellers, the big mama of those in the know. Either the best or the worst, depending on your point of view.

Vincent's Malibu pulls up to the new brick and mortar Rolex Forum trusted seller’s store. A big sign with a
neon figure of a cartoon surly cool cat jackrabbit in a red
windbreaker towers over the establishment. Underneath the cartoon is the name: JACKRABBIT WATCHES.

Underneath that is the slogan: "Next best thing to a time machine."

VINCENT
What the heck is this place?
MIA
This is Jackrabbit watches. Any Rolex man should love it.
VINCENT
Come on, Mia, let's go get a Tudor.
MIA
You can get a Tudor here, daddy-o. Don't be a...
Mia draws a square with her hands. Dotted lines appear on the
screen, forming a square shaped watch of an unknown brand. The lines disperse.

VINCENT
After you, kitty-cat.

INT. JACKRABBIT WATCHES – NIGHT
Compared to the interior, the exterior was that of a quaint
English pub. Posters from 50's Rolex ads and the movies they appeared in all over the wall
("SUBMARINER," "DAYTONA," "DATE JUST," and "GMT").

The booths that the patrons sit in are made out of the large watch parts and watch cases. In the middle of the restaurant is a dance floor. A big sign on the wall states, "No shoes allowed." So wannabe beboppers (actually
Bell&Ross-types) do the twist in their socks or bare feet.

The SALES MEN and SALES LADIES are made up as impersonators of 50's icons that wore Rolex Watches in their starring movie Roll:

PAUL NEWMAN, SEAN CONNERY, SEAN PENN, ROBERT REDFORD, DENIRO, wait on tables wearing appropriate costumes. Vincent and Mia study the Items for sale in a booth made out of a huge red/black GMT.

ROGER MOORE (their Sales Associate), comes over, sporting a big button on his chest that says: "Hi I'm ROGER, Do you have the time.
ROGER
Bond, James Bond, what can I get you?
VINCENT
I'll have the Tudor Heritage Chrono
ROGER
How will you pay, Cash or Credit. Bank Wire preferred.
VINCENT
Cash and bring me some coffee
ROGER
How 'bout you, Pussy Galore?
MIA
Submariner Model ref. 5508

ROGER
Box and Papers or just Slap it on and walk?
MIA
Slap it on and walk out. Leave the Box and papers for those reseller types.
VINCENT
Did you just order a ’59 5508?
MIA
Sure did.
VINCENT
A 5508? Watch and walk?
MIA
Uh-huh.
VINCENT
It costs $25,555 dollars?
ROGER
Yep.
VINCENT
You don't get a shot of ESPRESSO on the side or anything? Maybe a Bergeon to help out from time to time?
ROGER
Nope.
VINCENT
Just checking.

ROGER EXITS.
Vincent takes a look around the place. The YUPPIES are dancing, The Patrons are trying on Hublots, Tags, IWC Big pilots, and the icons are playing their parts. Steve McQueen acting out “The Hunter”, Eddie Murphy acting out “Distinguished Gentleman”, A Nick Nolte type quoting a scene from “The Deep”. There was even a Charlize Theron look alike with a DSSD asking all the folks if everything was to their satisfaction.

MIA
Whaddya think?

VINCENT
It's like a wax museum with a pulse rate.
Vincent takes out his pouch of tobacco and begins rolling himself a smoke. After a second of watching him –
MIA
What are you doing?
VINCENT
Rollin' a smoke.
MIA
Here Inside this BRAND new store?
VINCENT
It's just tobacco.
MIA
Oh. Well in that case, will you roll me one, cowboy?
As he finishes licking it –
VINCENT
You can have his one, cowgirl.
He hands her the rolled smoke. She takes it, putting it to her
lips. Out of nowhere appears a Rolex engraved Zippo lighter in Vincent's hand. He lights it.
MIA
Thanks.
VINCENT
Think nothing of it. - He begins rolling one for himself.

As this time, the SOUND of a subway car fills the Trusted Sellers Store, making everything SHAKE and RATTLE. Marilyn Monroe runs to a square vent in the floor. Sporting a Gold President, An imaginary subway train BLOWS the skirt of her
white dress around her ears as she lets out a squeal. The entire collection of patrons applaud.

Back to Mia and Vincent.
MIA
Marsellus said you just got back from Switzerland.
VINCENT
Sure did. I heard you did a pilot.
MIA
That was my fifteen minutes.
VINCENT
What was it?
MIA
It was show about a team of female secret agents called "Fox Force Five."
VINCENT
What?
MIA
"Fox Force Five."Fox, as in we're a bunch of foxy chicks. Force, as in we're a force to be reckoned with. Five, as in there's one... two ... three... four... five of us.

There was a blonde one, Sommerset O'Neal from that show "Baton Rouge," she was the leader.
A Japanese one, a black one, a French one and a brunette one, me. We all had special skills. Sommerset had a photographic memory, the Japanese fox was a kung fu master, the black girl was a demolition expert, the French fox'
specialty was fun...
VINCENT
What was your specialty?
MIA
Watches. The character I played, Raven McQueen, her background was she was raised by watchmakers. So she grew up doing a watch act. According to the show, she was the deadliest woman in the world with a watch. But because she grew up in a little apt that looked like a laboratory, she was also something of an acrobat. She could do illusions, she was a trapeze artist – when you're keeping the world safe from evil, you never know when
being a trapeze artist's gonna come in handy. And she knew a zillion old jokes
her grandfather, A master on horology, taught her. If we would a got picked up, they would have worked in a gimmick where every episode I would told and old joke.
VINCENT
Do you remember any of the jokes?
MIA
Well I only got the chance to say one, 'cause we only did one show.
VINCENT
Tell me.
MIA
No. It's really corny.
VINCENT
C'mon, don't be that way.
MIA
No. You won't like it and I'll be
Embarrassed.
VINCENT
You told it in front of fifty million people and you can't tell it to me? I promise I won't laugh.
MIA
(laughing)
That's what I'm afraid of.
VINCENT
That's not what I meant and you know it.
MIA
You're quite the silver tongue devil, aren't you?
VINCENT
I meant I wouldn't laugh at you.
MIA
That's not what you said Vince. Well now I'm definitely not gonna tell ya, 'cause it's been built up too much.
VINCENT
What a gyp.
Roger comes back with the time pieces. Mia straps it to her sleek wrist instantly
MIA
Yummy!
VINCENT
Can I see? I'd like to know what a 25,555 dollar watch looks like while it is telling me the time.
MIA
Be my guest. She slides her wrist over to him.
MIA
Would you like me to take it off? Or leave it on? I don’t have kooties.

Vincent smiles.
VINCENT
Yeah, but maybe I do.
MIA
Kooties I can handle. He takes a look.
VINCENT
Hotdamn! That's a pretty darn' good looking watch.
MIA
Told ya.
VINCENT
I don't know if it's worth 25G’s but it's pretty darn' good looking. He slides her wrist back to her shoulder. Then the first of an uncomfortable silence happens.
MIA
Don't you hate that?
VINCENT
What?
MIA
Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullstuff in order to be comfortable?
VINCENT
I don't know.
MIA
That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just be quiet for a minute, and comfortably share silence.
VINCENT
I don't think we're there yet. But don't feel bad, we just met each other.
MIA
Well I'll tell you what, I'll go to the Bathroom and powder my nose, while you sit here and think of something to say.
VINCENT
I'll do that.

INT. JACKRABBIT SLIM'S (LADIES ROOM) – NIGHT
Mia powders her nose by taking 20 shameless selfies for rolexforum friends.
MIA
(imitating Steppenwolf)
I said OH YES!

INT. JACKRABBIT SLIM'S (SHOPPING AREA) – NIGHT
Vincent sports his new Tudor with style. As he wears it, his eyes scan the Hellsapopinish store.

Mia comes back to the table.
MIA
Don't you love it when you go to the bathroom and you come back to find your receipt for your new grail sealed in an envelope for you to do what you please? I can mail to the north pole or maybe shred it to hide the cost from my spouse
VINCENT
We're lucky we got it any receipts at all. Roger Moore doesn't seem to be much of a sales person. We shoulda sat in Marilyn Monroe's section.
MIA
Which one, there's two Marilyn Monroes.
VINCENT
No there's not.
Pointing at Marilyn in the white dress still rockin that Gold President.
VINCENT
That's Marilyn Monroe...
Then, pointing at a BLONDE in a tight sweater and capri pants, taking an order from a bunch of FILM GEEKS –
VINCENT
... and that's Ellen DeGeneres. I don't see Jennifer Aniston, so it must be her
night off.
MIA
Pretty smart.
VINCENT
I have moments.
MIA
Did ya think of something to say?
VINCENT
Actually, there's something I've wanted to ask you about, but you seem like a nice person, and I didn't want to offend you.
MIA
Oooohhhh, this doesn't sound like mindless, boring, getting-to-know-you
chit-chat. This sounds like you actually have something to say.
VINCENT
Only if you promise not to get offended.
MIA
You can't promise something like that. I have no idea what you're gonna ask. You could ask me what you're gonna ask me, and my natural response could be to be offended. Then, through no fault of my own, I woulda broken my promise.
VINCENT
Then let's just forget it.
MIA
That is an impossibility. Trying to forget anything as intriguing as this would be an exercise in futility.
VINCENT
Is that a fact?
Mia nods her head: "Yes."
MIA
Besides, it's more exciting when you don't have permission.
VINCENT
Are you going to wear that new grail of yours in your swimming pool?
MIA
What?
VINCENT
A swimming pool, Hot tub, Shower? Are you going to get it wet?
MIA
Id rather toss this watch out of a window.
VINCENT
That's one way to say it. Another way is, Someone else threw it out of a window. Another was is, It was thrown out by Marsellus. And even another way is, It was thrown out of a window by Marsellus because you wore it in a chlorine treated Hot Tub.
MIA
hmmmmm
VINCENT
Yeah, You have to think these things all the way out. I was told you should rinse your watch off when coming out of sea, salt, or chlorine water
MIA
Who told you this?
VINCENT
They.
Mia and Vincent smile.
MIA
They talk a lot, don't they?
VINCENT
They certainly do.
MIA
Well don't by shy Vincent, what exactly did they say?
Vincent is slow to answer.
MIA
Let me help you Bashful, did it involve
Taking Pics of watches for TRF to gawk at
VINCENT
No. They just said be protective of the seals
MIA
And...?
VINCENT
No and, that's it.
MIA
You heard Marsellus would throw a $25,555 watch out of a window because I wore it in a Hot-Tub?
VINCENT
Yeah.
MIA
And you believed that?
VINCENT
At the time I was told, it seemed reasonable.
MIA
Marsellus throwing a 5508 out of a window because of a Hot Tub seemed reasonable?
VINCENT
No, it seemed excessive. But that doesn't mean it wouldnt happen. I heard Marsellus is very protective of vintage pieces
MIA
A husband being protective of his collection is
one thing. A husband throwing a part of that collection away for being touched by dirty water is something else.

VINCENT
But would it happen?
MIA

The truth is, nobody what Marsellus throw out of that
window except Marsellus. But when you scamps get together,
you're worse than a sewing circle.

CUT TO:
ED SULLIVAN AND MARILYN MONROE STAND ON STAGE
ED SULLIVAN (into microphone)
Ladies and gentlemen, now the moment
you've all been waiting for, the world-
famous TRF Giveaway, Sponsored by your TRF trusted sellers twist contest.

Patrons cheer.

Ed Sullivan is with Marilyn Monroe, who holds a Rolex Watch Box. Contents unknown

ED SULLIVAN
... One lucky couple will win this
handsome Rolex Watch Box that Marilyn here is holding.
Marilyn holds the beautiful newly designed Rolex Watch-box. The actual watch is still sealed in the clear factory plastic surrounded by Styrofoam in the back safe. The Box is merely for dramatic appearances.

ED SULLIVAN
... Now, who will be our first contestants? Mia holds her hand.
MIA
Right here.
Vincent reacts.
MIA
I wanna dance.
VINCENT
No, no, no no, no, no, no, no. I am not a pledge member yet

MIA
(overlapping)
No, no, no, no, no, no, no. I do believe Marsellus, my husband, your boss, told you to take me out and do whatever I wanted, Now, I want to dance. I want to win. I want that watch. Fork over your pledge and then enter this possible giveaway
VINCENT
(sighs)
All right.
MIA
So, pay up and dance good.
VINCENT
All right, you asked for it. Vincent and Mia walk onto the dance floor, toward Ed Sullivan.

ED SULLIVAN
(into microphone)
Let's hear it for our first contestants.
Patrons cheer.
Vincent and Mia walk up to the microphone.
ED SULLIVAN
Now let's meet our first contestants here this evening. Young lady, what is your name?
MIA
(into microphone)
Missus Mia Wallace.
ED SULLIVAN
(into microphone)
And, uh, how 'bout your fella here?
MIA
(Into microphone)
Vincent Vega.
ED SULLIVAN
(Into microphone)
All right, let's see what you can do. Take
It away!

Mia and Vincent dance to Chuck Berry's "YOU NEVER CAN TELL". They make hand movements as they dance
stephentross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 August 2014, 11:02 PM   #69
Slculve
"TRF" Member

Mib

You know what the difference is between you and me? I make this Rolex look good.
Old 17 August 2014, 01:53 AM   #70
Runnin' Rebel
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
I love the smell of veraet in the morning...

Kurtz: "The horror... the horror". No bezel Rolex lol

Apocalypse Now
Old 11 September 2014, 02:37 AM   #71
Slculve
"TRF" Member

Movie lines to add?

Does anyone have any to add?
Old 11 September 2014, 02:59 AM   #72
x zombie
"TRF" Member

Watch: your six!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runnin' Rebel View Post
Kurtz: "The horror... the horror". No bezel Rolex lol

Apocalypse Now
YachtMaster don't surf!
x zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2014, 03:06 AM   #73
G Carr
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT 16750
It has to be Live and Let Die for me.
It's about time Mr Bond returned to his proper watch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg images05F2EZVC.jpg (6.1 KB, 282 views)
G Carr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2014, 03:37 AM   #74
RolexPrince

Watch: GMT Master II
We'll always have Rolex.

- Casablanca
RolexPrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 November 2014, 03:58 AM   #75
Slculve
"TRF" Member

Lord of the Rolex

Balin: [after overhearing Bilbo tell Gandalf he will not join the Dwarves on their journey] It appears we have lost our new AD. Probably for the best. The odds were always against us. After all, what are we? executives, pilots, gamblers, dreamers. Hardly the stuff of legend.
Thorin Oakenshield: There are a few over achievers amongst us.
Balin: Old over achievers.
Thorin Oakenshield: I would take each and every one of these Rolex wearers over an army from the Tag Huer or Patek clan. For when I called upon them, they answered. Class. Honor.. A willing heart... I can ask no more than that.
Balin: You don't have to do this. You have a choice. You've done honorably by our people, the Rolex family. You have built a new life for us in the Swiss Higlands, a life of peace, and plenty. A life that is worth more than all the gold in a 1,000 Years worth of time piece production.
Thorin Oakenshield: [He holds up the 1942 Rolex Chronograph that has given him] From my grandfather to my father, this has come to me. They dreamt of the day when all Rolex wearers would reclaim their homeland. There is no choice Balin. Not for me.
Balin: Then we are with you, laddie. We will see it done.
Old 17 November 2014, 06:18 AM   #76
andrewd
"TRF" Member

I know what you're thinking!
Has he flipped 6 Rolex's or only 5? I kinda lost track myself in all this excitement!
But since this is the Platona 116506, the most powerful cosmograph in the world, that will blow your credit rating clean off, you got to ask yourself one question; do I feel lucky?
Well do ya punk?
andrewd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 November 2014, 06:19 AM   #77
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
This thread...

"The Rolexatron?"
"Is that back?"

Joey and Ross in Friends.
AK797 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17 November 2014, 06:26 AM   #78
Silvio Mosiello
"TRF" Member

Watch: the shoes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slculve View Post
Here's mine... Please add yours. Let's have some fun!

Judge: You don't have to answer that question!

Jessup: I'll answer the question. You want answers?

Kaffee: I think I'm entitled!

Jessup: You want answers?!

Kaffee: I want the truth!

Jessup: You can't handle the truth! Son, we live in a world that has Rolex's, and those Rolex's have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lieutenant Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for a new Platinum Daytona with the ice blue dial and chestnut bezel and you curse the AD's who sell them. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know, that an AD's markup, while tragic, probably saves Rolex's brand image. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves your Rolex's future value! You don't want the truth, because deep down in places you don't talk about at Rolex parties, you want me at that sales counter. You need me on that sales counter. We use words like "oyster", "cyclops", "950 platinum". We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very value that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it! I would rather you just said "thank you", and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a Datejust II w/ blue stick, and take a selfie. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to!

Kaffee: Did you order the ROLEX sold at MSRP?

Jessup: I did the job that—-

Kaffee: Did you order the Rolex not be discounted?!!

Jessup: YOU'RE G**D*** RIGHT I DID!!

your a fkn stud man! That was awesome!

Sent from my Motorola Razor
Silvio Mosiello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 November 2014, 06:43 AM   #79
locutus49
Banned

Watch: Platona
Al Pacino, Scarface, showing off his Daytona:

"Say hello to my leetle friend."
locutus49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 November 2014, 07:11 AM   #80
DJ TT 2002
2024 Pledge Member

Tom Levy to Cabbie: " C'mon then, just take my watch. My brother gave it to me......It's a Rolex!!!!"
Dustin Hoffman
Marathon Man. ( actual quote from the movie)
DJ TT 2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 November 2014, 07:23 AM   #81
locutus49
Banned

Watch: Platona
Great movie and GMT. The book was excellent, too, (by William Goldman) although I don't remember if Rolex was mentioned by name in the book. Maybe I'll order from Amazon and re-read it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ TT 2002 View Post
Tom Levy to Cabbie: " C'mon then, just take my watch. My brother gave it to me......It's a Rolex!!!!"
Dustin Hoffman
Marathon Man. ( actual quote from the movie)
locutus49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 November 2014, 07:46 AM   #82
DJ TT 2002
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus49 View Post
Great movie and GMT. The book was excellent, too, (by William Goldman) although I don't remember if Rolex was mentioned by name in the book. Maybe I'll order from Amazon and re-read it.
Agreed. Loved the book too. I'll bet that both will hold up equally well upon a revisit.
Old 17 November 2014, 11:09 AM   #83
maxbaris
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Explorer I
Tony Montana: In this country, you gotta make the money first. Then when you get the money, you get the power. Then when you get the power, then you get a Rolex.
maxbaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 November 2014, 11:35 AM   #84
DJ TT 2002
2024 Pledge Member

" Mikey, why don't you tell that nice girl you love Rolex? I love Rolex with alla my heart, if I don't see one again soon I'm a gonna die!!!!"
Peter Clemenza to Michael Corleone.
Old 17 November 2014, 11:44 AM   #85
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
So say good night to the Rolex! Come on. The last time you gonna see a Rolex like this again, let me tell you. Come on. Make way for the Rolex. There's a Rolex comin' through!
AK797 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17 November 2014, 12:11 PM   #86
Silvio Mosiello
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
So say good night to the Rolex! Come on. The last time you gonna see a Rolex like this again, let me tell you. Come on. Make way for the Rolex. There's a Rolex comin' through!

YES!!

Old 17 November 2014, 12:15 PM   #87
Silvio Mosiello
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephentross View Post
JACKRABBIT WATCHES - NIGHT

In the past six years, Rolex Boutiques have sprung up all over L.A., giving other luxury brand watchmakers a run for their money. They're all basically the same decor out of "Luxury" magazines, Shiny diamonds dancing off of the well placed ceiling lights, White Gloves to showcase the time relics, Pricelists that only the finest will fork over, maybe even a little too much, But they are ROLEX watches, so some pay it.

But then you have the Rolex Forum Trusted sellers, the big mama of those in the know. Either the best or the worst, depending on your point of view.

Vincent's Malibu pulls up to the new brick and mortar Rolex Forum trusted seller’s store. A big sign with a

neon figure of a cartoon surly cool cat jackrabbit in a red

windbreaker towers over the establishment. Underneath the cartoon is the name: JACKRABBIT WATCHES.

Underneath that is the slogan: "Next best thing to a time machine."

VINCENT

What the heck is this place?

MIA

This is Jackrabbit watches. Any Rolex man should love it.

VINCENT

Come on, Mia, let's go get a Tudor.

MIA

You can get a Tudor here, daddy-o. Don't be a...

Mia draws a square with her hands. Dotted lines appear on the

screen, forming a square shaped watch of an unknown brand. The lines disperse.

VINCENT

After you, kitty-cat.

INT. JACKRABBIT WATCHES – NIGHT

Compared to the interior, the exterior was that of a quaint

English pub. Posters from 50's Rolex ads and the movies they appeared in all over the wall

("SUBMARINER," "DAYTONA," "DATE JUST," and "GMT").

The booths that the patrons sit in are made out of the large watch parts and watch cases. In the middle of the restaurant is a dance floor. A big sign on the wall states, "No shoes allowed." So wannabe beboppers (actually

Bell&Ross-types) do the twist in their socks or bare feet.

The SALES MEN and SALES LADIES are made up as impersonators of 50's icons that wore Rolex Watches in their starring movie Roll:

PAUL NEWMAN, SEAN CONNERY, SEAN PENN, ROBERT REDFORD, DENIRO, wait on tables wearing appropriate costumes. Vincent and Mia study the Items for sale in a booth made out of a huge red/black GMT.

ROGER MOORE (their Sales Associate), comes over, sporting a big button on his chest that says: "Hi I'm ROGER, Do you have the time.

ROGER

Bond, James Bond, what can I get you?

VINCENT

I'll have the Tudor Heritage Chrono

ROGER

How will you pay, Cash or Credit. Bank Wire preferred.

VINCENT

Cash and bring me some coffee

ROGER

How 'bout you, Pussy Galore?

MIA

Submariner Model ref. 5508

ROGER

Box and Papers or just Slap it on and walk?

MIA

Slap it on and walk out. Leave the Box and papers for those reseller types.

VINCENT

Did you just order a ’59 5508?

MIA

Sure did.

VINCENT

A 5508? Watch and walk?

MIA

Uh-huh.

VINCENT

It costs $25,555 dollars?

ROGER

Yep.

VINCENT

You don't get a shot of ESPRESSO on the side or anything? Maybe a Bergeon to help out from time to time?

ROGER

Nope.

VINCENT

Just checking.

ROGER EXITS.

Vincent takes a look around the place. The YUPPIES are dancing, The Patrons are trying on Hublots, Tags, IWC Big pilots, and the icons are playing their parts. Steve McQueen acting out “The Hunter”, Eddie Murphy acting out “Distinguished Gentleman”, A Nick Nolte type quoting a scene from “The Deep”. There was even a Charlize Theron look alike with a DSSD asking all the folks if everything was to their satisfaction.

MIA

Whaddya think?

VINCENT

It's like a wax museum with a pulse rate.

Vincent takes out his pouch of tobacco and begins rolling himself a smoke. After a second of watching him –

MIA

What are you doing?

VINCENT

Rollin' a smoke.

MIA

Here Inside this BRAND new store?

VINCENT

It's just tobacco.

MIA

Oh. Well in that case, will you roll me one, cowboy?

As he finishes licking it –

VINCENT

You can have his one, cowgirl.

He hands her the rolled smoke. She takes it, putting it to her

lips. Out of nowhere appears a Rolex engraved Zippo lighter in Vincent's hand. He lights it.

MIA

Thanks.

VINCENT

Think nothing of it. - He begins rolling one for himself.

As this time, the SOUND of a subway car fills the Trusted Sellers Store, making everything SHAKE and RATTLE. Marilyn Monroe runs to a square vent in the floor. Sporting a Gold President, An imaginary subway train BLOWS the skirt of her

white dress around her ears as she lets out a squeal. The entire collection of patrons applaud.

Back to Mia and Vincent.

MIA

Marsellus said you just got back from Switzerland.

VINCENT

Sure did. I heard you did a pilot.

MIA

That was my fifteen minutes.

VINCENT

What was it?

MIA

It was show about a team of female secret agents called "Fox Force Five."

VINCENT

What?

MIA

"Fox Force Five."Fox, as in we're a bunch of foxy chicks. Force, as in we're a force to be reckoned with. Five, as in there's one... two ... three... four... five of us.

There was a blonde one, Sommerset O'Neal from that show "Baton Rouge," she was the leader.

A Japanese one, a black one, a French one and a brunette one, me. We all had special skills. Sommerset had a photographic memory, the Japanese fox was a kung fu master, the black girl was a demolition expert, the French fox'

specialty was fun...

VINCENT

What was your specialty?

MIA

Watches. The character I played, Raven McQueen, her background was she was raised by watchmakers. So she grew up doing a watch act. According to the show, she was the deadliest woman in the world with a watch. But because she grew up in a little apt that looked like a laboratory, she was also something of an acrobat. She could do illusions, she was a trapeze artist – when you're keeping the world safe from evil, you never know when

being a trapeze artist's gonna come in handy. And she knew a zillion old jokes

her grandfather, A master on horology, taught her. If we would a got picked up, they would have worked in a gimmick where every episode I would told and old joke.

VINCENT

Do you remember any of the jokes?

MIA

Well I only got the chance to say one, 'cause we only did one show.

VINCENT

Tell me.

MIA

No. It's really corny.

VINCENT

C'mon, don't be that way.

MIA

No. You won't like it and I'll be

Embarrassed.

VINCENT

You told it in front of fifty million people and you can't tell it to me? I promise I won't laugh.

MIA

(laughing)

That's what I'm afraid of.

VINCENT

That's not what I meant and you know it.

MIA

You're quite the silver tongue devil, aren't you?

VINCENT

I meant I wouldn't laugh at you.

MIA

That's not what you said Vince. Well now I'm definitely not gonna tell ya, 'cause it's been built up too much.

VINCENT

What a gyp.

Roger comes back with the time pieces. Mia straps it to her sleek wrist instantly

MIA

Yummy!

VINCENT

Can I see? I'd like to know what a 25,555 dollar watch looks like while it is telling me the time.

MIA

Be my guest. She slides her wrist over to him.

MIA

Would you like me to take it off? Or leave it on? I don’t have kooties.

Vincent smiles.

VINCENT

Yeah, but maybe I do.

MIA

Kooties I can handle. He takes a look.

VINCENT

Hotdamn! That's a pretty darn' good looking watch.

MIA

Told ya.

VINCENT

I don't know if it's worth 25G’s but it's pretty darn' good looking. He slides her wrist back to her shoulder. Then the first of an uncomfortable silence happens.

MIA

Don't you hate that?

VINCENT

What?

MIA

Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullstuff in order to be comfortable?

VINCENT

I don't know.

MIA

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just be quiet for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

VINCENT

I don't think we're there yet. But don't feel bad, we just met each other.

MIA

Well I'll tell you what, I'll go to the Bathroom and powder my nose, while you sit here and think of something to say.

VINCENT

I'll do that.

INT. JACKRABBIT SLIM'S (LADIES ROOM) – NIGHT

Mia powders her nose by taking 20 shameless selfies for rolexforum friends.

MIA

(imitating Steppenwolf)

I said OH YES!

INT. JACKRABBIT SLIM'S (SHOPPING AREA) – NIGHT

Vincent sports his new Tudor with style. As he wears it, his eyes scan the Hellsapopinish store.

Mia comes back to the table.

MIA

Don't you love it when you go to the bathroom and you come back to find your receipt for your new grail sealed in an envelope for you to do what you please? I can mail to the north pole or maybe shred it to hide the cost from my spouse

VINCENT

We're lucky we got it any receipts at all. Roger Moore doesn't seem to be much of a sales person. We shoulda sat in Marilyn Monroe's section.

MIA

Which one, there's two Marilyn Monroes.

VINCENT

No there's not.

Pointing at Marilyn in the white dress still rockin that Gold President.

VINCENT

That's Marilyn Monroe...

Then, pointing at a BLONDE in a tight sweater and capri pants, taking an order from a bunch of FILM GEEKS –

VINCENT

... and that's Ellen DeGeneres. I don't see Jennifer Aniston, so it must be her

night off.

MIA

Pretty smart.

VINCENT

I have moments.

MIA

Did ya think of something to say?

VINCENT

Actually, there's something I've wanted to ask you about, but you seem like a nice person, and I didn't want to offend you.

MIA

Oooohhhh, this doesn't sound like mindless, boring, getting-to-know-you

chit-chat. This sounds like you actually have something to say.

VINCENT

Only if you promise not to get offended.

MIA

You can't promise something like that. I have no idea what you're gonna ask. You could ask me what you're gonna ask me, and my natural response could be to be offended. Then, through no fault of my own, I woulda broken my promise.

VINCENT

Then let's just forget it.

MIA

That is an impossibility. Trying to forget anything as intriguing as this would be an exercise in futility.

VINCENT

Is that a fact?

Mia nods her head: "Yes."

MIA

Besides, it's more exciting when you don't have permission.

VINCENT

Are you going to wear that new grail of yours in your swimming pool?

MIA

What?

VINCENT

A swimming pool, Hot tub, Shower? Are you going to get it wet?

MIA

Id rather toss this watch out of a window.

VINCENT

That's one way to say it. Another way is, Someone else threw it out of a window. Another was is, It was thrown out by Marsellus. And even another way is, It was thrown out of a window by Marsellus because you wore it in a chlorine treated Hot Tub.

MIA

hmmmmm

VINCENT

Yeah, You have to think these things all the way out. I was told you should rinse your watch off when coming out of sea, salt, or chlorine water

MIA

Who told you this?

VINCENT

They.

Mia and Vincent smile.

MIA

They talk a lot, don't they?

VINCENT

They certainly do.

MIA

Well don't by shy Vincent, what exactly did they say?

Vincent is slow to answer.

MIA

Let me help you Bashful, did it involve

Taking Pics of watches for TRF to gawk at

VINCENT

No. They just said be protective of the seals

MIA

And...?

VINCENT

No and, that's it.

MIA

You heard Marsellus would throw a $25,555 watch out of a window because I wore it in a Hot-Tub?

VINCENT

Yeah.

MIA

And you believed that?

VINCENT

At the time I was told, it seemed reasonable.

MIA

Marsellus throwing a 5508 out of a window because of a Hot Tub seemed reasonable?

VINCENT

No, it seemed excessive. But that doesn't mean it wouldnt happen. I heard Marsellus is very protective of vintage pieces

MIA

A husband being protective of his collection is

one thing. A husband throwing a part of that collection away for being touched by dirty water is something else.

VINCENT

But would it happen?

MIA

The truth is, nobody what Marsellus throw out of that

window except Marsellus. But when you scamps get together,

you're worse than a sewing circle.

CUT TO:

ED SULLIVAN AND MARILYN MONROE STAND ON STAGE

ED SULLIVAN (into microphone)

Ladies and gentlemen, now the moment

you've all been waiting for, the world-

famous TRF Giveaway, Sponsored by your TRF trusted sellers twist contest.

Patrons cheer.

Ed Sullivan is with Marilyn Monroe, who holds a Rolex Watch Box. Contents unknown

ED SULLIVAN

... One lucky couple will win this

handsome Rolex Watch Box that Marilyn here is holding.

Marilyn holds the beautiful newly designed Rolex Watch-box. The actual watch is still sealed in the clear factory plastic surrounded by Styrofoam in the back safe. The Box is merely for dramatic appearances.

ED SULLIVAN

... Now, who will be our first contestants? Mia holds her hand.

MIA

Right here.

Vincent reacts.

MIA

I wanna dance.

VINCENT

No, no, no no, no, no, no, no. I am not a pledge member yet

MIA

(overlapping)

No, no, no, no, no, no, no. I do believe Marsellus, my husband, your boss, told you to take me out and do whatever I wanted, Now, I want to dance. I want to win. I want that watch. Fork over your pledge and then enter this possible giveaway

VINCENT

(sighs)

All right.

MIA

So, pay up and dance good.

VINCENT

All right, you asked for it. Vincent and Mia walk onto the dance floor, toward Ed Sullivan.

ED SULLIVAN

(into microphone)

Let's hear it for our first contestants.

Patrons cheer.

Vincent and Mia walk up to the microphone.

ED SULLIVAN

Now let's meet our first contestants here this evening. Young lady, what is your name?

MIA

(into microphone)

Missus Mia Wallace.

ED SULLIVAN

(into microphone)

And, uh, how 'bout your fella here?

MIA

(Into microphone)

Vincent Vega.

ED SULLIVAN

(Into microphone)

All right, let's see what you can do. Take

It away!

Mia and Vincent dance to Chuck Berry's "YOU NEVER CAN TELL". They make hand movements as they dance

I think this is the longest post ive ever read!

Old 17 November 2014, 12:24 PM   #88
Slculve
"TRF" Member

Star Wars : Service Center Strikes Back

Princess Leia Organa: AD Ben Kenobi. Years ago you sold my father a Rolex Daytona. Now he begs you to help him in his struggle to service it. I regret that I am unable to convey my father's request to you in person, but my trust in the Dallas Rolex service center has fallen in recent years, and I'm afraid my mission to have my fathers prized possession cleaned and repaired has failed. I have placed information vital to the revival of this classic time piece into the memory systems of this R2 unit. My father will know how to retrieve it. You must see this droid safely delivered to him in Basel. This is our most desperate hour. Help me, AD Ben Kenobi. You're my only hope.
[pause]
AD Ben Kenobi: [to Luke] You must learn the ways of Rolex service, if you're to come with me to Basel.
Luke Sky-Dweller: Basel? I'm not going to Switzerland, I've gotta get home, it's late, I'm in for it as it is!
AD Ben Kenobi: I need your help, Luke. She needs your help. I'm getting too old for this sort of thing.
Luke Sky-Dweller: Look, I can't get involved. I've got work to do. It's not that I like letting vintage Rolex's go un-serviced; I hate it, but there's nothing I can do about it right now... It's all such a long way from here.
Old 17 November 2014, 07:09 PM   #89
jhamiltonwa
"TRF" Member

Watch: '87 Air King Date
You wanna take my watch? Well you better take it good my friend because he who takes my Sub and leaves me alive; he knows nothing of Tuco ha ha ha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jhamiltonwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2014, 01:04 AM   #90
Slculve
"TRF" Member

Jerry McGuire

You had me at Rolex.