The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Jokes & Cartoons

Old 22 September 2006, 06:57 AM   #31
dman
Lifetime TRF Patron

Watch: the road
TMI

I really hope that midget cop doesn't find me in Kokomo.
dman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2006, 05:07 PM   #32
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic View Post
JJ, rather than tell us the reason WHY you got up, it's easier to say you listened to your watch ticking when it was quiet in the house.

BTW, I still say you need a hearing aid.
I'm really sorry that many of you did not see the humour in this post. Using the word pee as opposed to some of the classic vocabulary that's being used on this forum is very mediocre by comparison.

So I got up for a pee. Big deal!! Why? 'Cause it came from the pen of JJ. And it was mentioned only in passing reference. The post was all about the ticking of the watch and NOT being able to hear it.

Anyway, I shall have to be more careful what I post from now on.

But do you guys know what the real sad thing is about all this? I feel I'm back once more in the other place!! The same thing is starting to happen here as it was there. But honestly now I don't give a rat's ass!!

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2006, 06:20 PM   #33
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodwatch View Post
And even that would put me into a coma

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2006, 06:25 PM   #34
Gedanken
"TRF" Member

Watch: F-series SD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Irani View Post
I'm really sorry that many of you did not see the humour in this post. Using the word pee as opposed to some of the classic vocabulary that's being used on this forum is very mediocre by comparison.

So I got up for a pee. Big deal!! Why? 'Cause it came from the pen of JJ. And it was mentioned only in passing reference. The post was all about the ticking of the watch and NOT being able to hear it.

But do you guys know what the real sad thing is about all this? I feel I'm back once more in the other place!! The same thing is starting to happen here as it was there. But honestly now I don't give a rat's ass!!
JJ, I'd suggest you take a deep breath and take a look at what's happening here.

That was John asking, and he's not a mod here, is he? If he's uncomfortable with what you've written, he's 100% entitled to voice his reservations as are any of the other members. The fact is that whether you like it or not, you're encroaching other people's personal space by going into too much detail for their comfort. John's been good enough to stand up and be straightforward with you, and I applaud him for that.

As mods, we have to maintain a balance between your right to free speech and everybody else's right to not being faced with the discomfort of reading posts that offend their sensibilities. The fact here, as testified to by John's post, is that your posts has rubbed people the wrong way. I'll point out the obvious here, JJ - we like you, but that does not give you licence to do as you please without regard for others' feelings.

I put it to you that you've now twice trampled on people here - first by the initial post (which is something that we can get over), but now even worse, by telling people that you don't give a rat's ass about offending them. Nobody's here to serve you, JJ - everybody counts and I will not stand for you telling them that they don't.

I'm sorry if you feel that you're being oppressed here, but you need to have a good think about the effect of your posts on other people.

We've spoken about these issues in private before, and personally I would have preferred to keep it that way. However, if you're going to come out in public and accuse the mods of being like those from "the other place", and on top of that throw the gauntlet down by announcing that you "don't give a rat's ass" when you are clearly in the wrong, do not, I repeat, NOT, expect to get away with it. I wouldn't let this slide with anyone else, and I cannot afford to be impartial here.
Old 22 September 2006, 06:26 PM   #35
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:

Now JJ please calm down I am 100% sure you will understand what can be said in some forums but not in others.And the jokes forum and all links clearly state if adult etc,and you Dont have to click link if you Dont want to,the choice is up to the individual.And all mods have to take any complaint no matter who its from.We are very fair to all members,and personally find your statement above very strange for yourself.I have known you for quite a long time and post above is certainly out of character,and perhaps a apology is needed.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2006, 08:20 PM   #36
Prince
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona/Sub/GMT/DJ
Quote:

Its OK, JJ. I believe that your post, as well as the responses, were all in good fun. We all love you (I know this will have dire consequences RE my Tosser standing), and you are correct - it is no big deal. Cheers, my friend.
Old 22 September 2006, 10:30 PM   #37
Atomic

To compare this place to that... JJ come on... seriously.

You are a key member here and we all like you (and like to rib you!). But there's that little self-edit mechanism in everyone's brain that stops us from typing something over the top, before the brain sends the signals to the fingers.

It's not that you used the word 'pee' in your post, it's the mental image you gave us that I mildly object to. Don't get your knickers in a knot... just take some advice from your FRIENDS and take a deep breath.

We all step on someone's toes now and again. Hell, I'm sure I've upset plenty of people in my time too (and even some people I care about. ) and I've apologized after I've seen I overstepped.

You're a good guy so don't let this little bump get you upset.
Old 22 September 2006, 10:45 PM   #38
Goodwatch
"TRF" Member

Watch: the sunrise...
Quote:
Hell, I'm sure I've upset plenty of people in my time too (and even some people I care about. )

You still do, beanstalk!
Old 22 September 2006, 10:53 PM   #39
Rockrolex
TRF Moderator & 2024 Patron

Watch: What do you think?
Quote:
You still do, beanstalk!
Do I hear a pot calling the kettle . . . .

Tosser Cabinet Member

Official Member: 'Perpetual 30' Vegas International GTG 2016
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2017
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2018
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2019
Rockrolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2006, 10:54 PM   #40
Atomic

Quote:
You still do, beanstalk!
Are you assuming again, Goldmember?
Old 23 September 2006, 12:24 AM   #41
----

Quote:
Al, this thread had absolutely nothing to do with my nocturnal habits....that was just a passing reference to rhyme with the rest of the thread title. It really was about the watch ticking which you guys with Superman hearing seem to be picking up.

I don't why I'm always bashed around when I put in such a thread; but, by the same token, none of my good posts are ever acknowledged by you.

JJ
Quote:

Wow! I think as others have stated you need to step back and look at the big picture. I don't see much in this thread that is anything other than the normal good natured ribbing that you enocourage with your tosser list.

As John noted to compare this with how the other place was is certainly out of line and in my view an insult to those that moderate TRF (and to it's members as well). I agree with James that an apology is in order for that comment specifically. I know that due to other events you are likely a bit sensitive now, and I am certainly willing to let this whole thing slide and get back to being the happy group we usually are.

Regarding your comment that I never acknowledge your good posts, I honestly don't know what you mean. As you can see from my post count I am not compelled to answer every post on TRF like someone I know is (won't mention any names but his initials are JJ Irani ). Besides, when you do finally make a good post I will acknowledge it....

Just kidding JJ....
Old 23 September 2006, 01:14 AM   #42
Launch Mini
"TRF" Member

Watch: can I?
Let's look at the positive things about JJ's morning Pee.
1- At least he got out of bed
2 - Was coherant enough to find his watch

Member # 293
Launch Mini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2006, 01:21 AM   #43
Atomic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Launch Mini View Post
Let's look at the positive things about JJ's morning Pee.
1- At least he got out of bed
2 - Was coherant enough to find his watch
and #3... no mention of sheep.
Old 23 September 2006, 01:36 AM   #44
Rockrolex

Quote:
and #3... no mention of sheep.
That tells me he was in a foggy stupor.

Tosser Cabinet Member

Old 23 September 2006, 04:59 AM   #45
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gedanken View Post
JJ, I'd suggest you take a deep breath and take a look at what's happening here.

That was John asking, and he's not a mod here, is he? If he's uncomfortable with what you've written, he's 100% entitled to voice his reservations as are any of the other members. The fact is that whether you like it or not, you're encroaching other people's personal space by going into too much detail for their comfort. John's been good enough to stand up and be straightforward with you, and I applaud him for that.

As mods, we have to maintain a balance between your right to free speech and everybody else's right to not being faced with the discomfort of reading posts that offend their sensibilities. The fact here, as testified to by John's post, is that your posts has rubbed people the wrong way. I'll point out the obvious here, JJ - we like you, but that does not give you licence to do as you please without regard for others' feelings.

I put it to you that you've now twice trampled on people here - first by the initial post (which is something that we can get over), but now even worse, by telling people that you don't give a rat's ass about offending them. Nobody's here to serve you, JJ - everybody counts and I will not stand for you telling them that they don't.

I'm sorry if you feel that you're being oppressed here, but you need to have a good think about the effect of your posts on other people.

We've spoken about these issues in private before, and personally I would have preferred to keep it that way. However, if you're going to come out in public and accuse the mods of being like those from "the other place", and on top of that throw the gauntlet down by announcing that you "don't give a rat's ass" when you are clearly in the wrong, do not, I repeat, NOT, expect to get away with it. I wouldn't let this slide with anyone else, and I cannot afford to be impartial here.
All this coming from you, James? Boy, that's really hurt...I am extremely saddened by your reaction and words, James.

The "rats ass" bit was NOT directed towards TRF. Perhaps that was my mistake in not being clear in my statement. It was directed towards guys who BACK STAB me.

This is the very SAME thing that happened elsewhere and I cannot for the life of me understand why if some member has a problem with my posts, then he cannot get DIRECTLY back to me. I DO NOT like people complaining behind my back to the mods....and this is exactly what used to happen there!!

You guys are all great chaps and the best friends a person could ask for. My other post on "nightwear" was in good jest and only because I look on you as wonderful friends. I don't see any harm in asking what you or anybody else wears at night...especially when we are so close and so friendly.

Anyway, I think we'll let this one slide. I do apologise if my words were misconstrued and sorry for this whole upheaval.

Cheers to all - JJ

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
Old 23 September 2006, 05:47 AM   #46
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon View Post
Wow! I think as others have stated you need to step back and look at the big picture. I don't see much in this thread that is anything other than the normal good natured ribbing that you enocourage with your tosser list.

As John noted to compare this with how the other place was is certainly out of line and in my view an insult to those that moderate TRF (and to it's members as well). I agree with James that an apology is in order for that comment specifically. I know that due to other events you are likely a bit sensitive now, and I am certainly willing to let this whole thing slide and get back to being the happy group we usually are.

Regarding your comment that I never acknowledge your good posts, I honestly don't know what you mean. As you can see from my post count I am not compelled to answer every post on TRF like someone I know is (won't mention any names but his initials are JJ Irani ). Besides, when you do finally make a good post I will acknowledge it....

Just kidding JJ....
Never mind, Al....let's forget this whole episode ever happened. I'm not even sure anymore about what I should post and what I shouldn't. Anyway, let this one just slide by.

JJ

Old 23 September 2006, 05:58 AM   #47
madformac
"TRF" Member

Just wanted to say, not sure what went on with this thread but I wasn't offended by JJ and took it in the spirit intended.. BUT

I've noticed at least 4 posts this week by members that have been lighthearted or humourous in intention and have been misinterpreted causing grief and tension.

Maybe we should start each humour intended post with as a header before our comments to make sure the intention is understood. As I posted the other day, you can't tell inflection and intent from words alone and so we occasionally are going to get instances of misunderstanding.

We are all adults and can give and take apologies and move on. There are so many forums where the members can't do that and result to not posting or flaming. I think its one of the strengths of this place that it doesn't happen. We all move on together.
madformac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2006, 06:00 AM   #48
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Originally Posted by madformac View Post
Just wanted to say, not sure what went on with this thread but I wasn't offended by JJ and took it in the spirit intended.. BUT

I've noticed at least 4 posts this week by members that have been lighthearted or humourous in intention and have been misinterpreted causing grief and tension.

Maybe we should start each humour intended post with as a header before our comments to make sure the intention is understood. As I posted the other day, you can't tell inflection and intent from words alone and so we occasionally are going to get instances of misunderstanding.

We are all adults and can give and take apologies and move on. There are so many forums where the members can't do that and result to not posting or flaming. I think its one of the strengths of this place that it doesn't happen. We all move on together.
Well said, Justin!! Let's just continue to enjoy ourselves without stepping on each other's toes and egos!!

Old 23 September 2006, 06:37 AM   #49
Rockrolex

Quote:
Well said, Justin!! Let's just continue to enjoy ourselves without stepping on each other's toes and egos!!
Amen, bro.

Tosser Cabinet Member

Old 23 September 2006, 06:42 AM   #50
Goodwatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockrolex View Post
Amen, bro.

Ouch, prepare for a loooooooooooong slide down the list That must hurt!
Old 23 September 2006, 06:43 AM   #51
Prince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Ouch, prepare for a loooooooooooong slide down the list That must hurt!
You've got no room to talk, looking UP at the rest of us like you are!
Old 23 September 2006, 06:57 AM   #52
Goodwatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince View Post
You've got no room to talk, looking UP at the rest of us like you are!

I've got nothing to lose, unlike some tossers on this forum!
Old 23 September 2006, 07:00 AM   #53
Prince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I've got nothing to lose, unlike some tossers on this forum!
LOL - We'll see, Fransie. We'll see...
Old 23 September 2006, 07:06 AM   #54
Goodwatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
LOL - We'll see, Fransie. We'll see...
Yes, we will see. I'll just watch you guys pass me by as you are falling down Don't ask for directions tossers and don't shout when you hit the bottom
Old 23 September 2006, 07:21 AM   #55
Prince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Yes, we will see. I'll just watch you guys pass me by as you are falling down Don't ask for directions tossers and don't shout when you hit the bottom
I'm sorry, Frans. What are you mumbling on about?
Old 23 September 2006, 07:25 AM   #56
Goodwatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I'm sorry, Frans. What are you mumbling on about?
We will see
Old 23 September 2006, 07:33 AM   #57
Prince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
We will see
Frans -->

Old 23 September 2006, 07:41 AM   #58
----

Quote:
Frans -->

Old 23 September 2006, 07:43 AM   #59
Goodwatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Frans -->

I'm sorry Allan but that isn't funny. I'll PM you about this.

Old 23 September 2006, 07:48 AM   #60
Prince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I'm sorry Allan but that isn't funny. I'll PM you about this.
It is pretty bad, isn't it?!? Oh well...just trying to provide a glimpse into an alternate universe possibility, Frans.