The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Panerai Discussion Forum

Old 9 January 2011, 01:04 PM   #1
wgs
"TRF" Member

Watch: Panerai 000
Pam 0050?

Tried on PAMs in person today for the first time and loved the 0050 (bracelet model). For those of you who wear Panerai and Rolex, do they "wear" comfortably like Rolex watches?

Thank you!
wgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 January 2011, 10:48 PM   #2
mike
"TRF" Member

Boy,..in some sence that's a tough question.

In my experience the fit and "comfort" with Panerai depends on the strap used or the adjustment on the bracelet. I think as well it depends on the shape of your wrist--not necessarily the size--if that makes any sense.

Rolex bracelets are, to me, supremely comfortable. With Panerai I have found that depending on the strap some can be a bit loose or a bit tight. Two that I've found that get about as perfect as can be for me are;

1. Factory MX straps.

I have four of them and find I get a great fit.

2. Ted Su's dive strap

With no holes and a friction type buckle one can set the strap to fit perfectly. Some feel the dive buckle a bit large, but I've not had a problem.

Pam bracelets are among the best finished I seen and are extremely well made. If there's a downside (this is just me) it's the use of a series of half-links as opposed to a fine adjustment clasp ala Rolex.

In my experience the shape of the case and it's design will influence the "fit" of the bracelet.

Using the same number of half-links the bracelet I sometimes use on my 24 and 88 will allow me to slide my little finger between the clap and my wrist.

The bracelet used on my 359 is a hair tighter. It has the 1950s case.

I think also it depends a lot on the use of the depoyant clasp or a traditional buckle.

Again IMO wrist shape is a factor.
mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 January 2011, 11:00 PM   #3
wgs
"TRF" Member

Watch: Panerai 000
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike View Post
Boy,..in some sence that's a tough question.

In my experience the fit and "comfort" with Panerai depends on the strap used or the adjustment on the bracelet. I think as well it depends on the shape of your wrist--not necessarily the size--if that makes any sense.

Rolex bracelets are, to me, supremely comfortable. With Panerai I have found that depending on the strap some can be a bit loose or a bit tight. Two that I've found that get about as perfect as can be for me are;

1. Factory MX straps.

I have four of them and find I get a great fit.

2. Ted Su's dive strap

With no holes and a friction type buckle one can set the strap to fit perfectly. Some feel the dive buckle a bit large, but I've not had a problem.

Pam bracelets are among the best finished I seen and are extremely well made. If there's a downside (this is just me) it's the use of a series of half-links as opposed to a fine adjustment clasp ala Rolex.

In my experience the shape of the case and it's design will influence the "fit" of the bracelet.

Using the same number of half-links the bracelet I sometimes use on my 24 and 88 will allow me to slide my little finger between the clap and my wrist.

The bracelet used on my 359 is a hair tighter. It has the 1950s case.

I think also it depends a lot on the use of the depoyant clasp or a traditional buckle.

Again IMO wrist shape is a factor.
Thank you
wgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 January 2011, 06:18 AM   #4
Wisconsin Proud

The 050 is 40mm just like my 048 on a strap. Its a great fit and find it just as easy to wear as my 40mm Sub.
Wisconsin Proud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2013, 12:50 PM   #5
Raybeck
"TRF" Member

Fit of Panerai Pam50 vs Submariner

For me, it isn't even close. The Sub wins for comfort absolutely. The Pam is heavy & big - yes, even at 40mm. Quality of the Sub is impeccable. There is a slight flaw on the side of the case in my Pam. Rolex would never allow this. Except for the beauty and exceptional style always showing, it's easy to forget you're wearing the Sub. I have many different watches, and the Sub rates at the very top of all of them.
Raybeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2013, 01:41 PM   #6
p_mcgee
"TRF" Member

Both my 40mm PAM 48 and my newer 44mm PAMs (177, 390, 233) on straps are way more comfortable than my Sub-C and especially more so than my GMT2c. Never tried a PAM on a bracelet, though.
p_mcgee is offline   Reply With Quote