The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 15 March 2018, 01:11 AM   #31
TimeRookie
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710BLNR
I was in RSC Toronto about a month ago to drop off a watch for service. I wasn't expecting the security to be as tight as it was either. I was dropping off my OP Date. One of the very nice ladies at the service desk asked where I got the watch. I said it was given to me in 1988 when I graduated from university and that it was at RSC Toronto for service 7 years ago. She looked up my name and thanked me and told me it was in great shape! I was surprised she asked where I got it though. I wonder if my watch will have its own plastic card after this?
Pelagos 42mm
Explorer II 226570
TimeRookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2018, 11:10 AM   #32
RolexNorth
Banned

Watch: YM2SS,SD43,HULK
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymcmichael View Post
thank you for in the info appreciiate it! I guess when you gone the grey market route u won't have a change lol.. Or if there is somebody else on ur card?
I actually posted my Rolex Canada experience on a Canadian watch forum and had a couple of posters respond telling me that Rolex Canada actually does register and re-register owners and new owners names into their database.

So, if you buy a Rolex second hand and do have the paperwork filled out to the original owner, when you go to Rolex Canada with it they will update their system with your information. The only thing is, they will charge you $175 for this. One poster actually mentioned that as a condition of Rolex Canada verifying authenticity of his watch, which he purchased second hand, it was compulsory to pay the $175 fee on top of the service cost as Rolex Canada needed to "verify and certify" that the watch was "good". He paid the money, waited a week and got the watch back verified as authentic and his information in the database as the new owner of this model. Not sure if he got a replacement card with it though. That's doubtful.
RolexNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2018, 11:30 AM   #33
Lime
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, JLC, etc
Saw this on CWC as well. Such a shame
Lime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2018, 12:12 PM   #34
BlackRose
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer 214270
So if I bought by watch second hand and the card has the original owners name on it, do I need to do anything like contact the manufacturer, etc? I assume warranty to be transferable regardless of name on card

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BlackRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2018, 12:33 PM   #35
RolexNorth
Banned

Watch: YM2SS,SD43,HULK
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRose View Post
So if I bought by watch second hand and the card has the original owners name on it, do I need to do anything like contact the manufacturer, etc? I assume warranty to be transferable regardless of name on card

As an addendum to my previous post, Rolex Canada told one guy that in order to transfer the warrantee over to the new owner, one would have to pay $200. In Rolex Canada's case, the warrantee does not follow the watch. It follows the owner.

I'm not sure what the deal would be if the watch was purchased second hand and was outside of the warrantee period.

Your best bet to clarify on this point is to pick up the phone and call Rolex Canada's service department and ask someone there. This is getting beyond what I know for fact and I don't want to mislead anyone else in this position.
RolexNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2018, 12:49 PM   #36
BlackRose
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer 214270
Quote:
Originally Posted by RolexNorth View Post
As an addendum to my previous post, Rolex Canada told one guy that in order to transfer the warrantee over to the new owner, one would have to pay $200. In Rolex Canada's case, the warrantee does not follow the watch. It follows the owner.

I'm not sure what the deal would be if the watch was purchased second hand and was outside of the warrantee period.

Your best bet to clarify on this point is to pick up the phone and call Rolex Canada's service department and ask someone there. This is getting beyond what I know for fact and I don't want to mislead anyone else in this position.

Fair enough, thanks for the info.

BlackRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2018, 12:51 PM   #37
madmax21
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT Master ll
who are we kidding

Quote:
Originally Posted by soran View Post
Are you talking about the lugs on the maxi case?
Guys who are we kidding I was at an authorized dealer today in the GTA greater Toronto area and it's pretty well full pop now for Not Just Sports models but pretty well all stainless steel models.

I'm glad the OP had a positive visit today I myself had a very negative visit my last time there when I was supposed to have the glass replaced on my GMT Master II because the magnifier was too small they made me wait 2 months although promised me the watch back within 2 weeks. When I perform them after 3 weeks it still wasn't ready so they said they would have it for me in 2 weeks three weeks later it still wasn't ready.

I found the service dare to be god-awful if not for sending a letter to Switzerland to the CEO there I probably still would be waiting for the watch I must admit the CEO at the time was it true gentleman he's retired since now Victor Royce was his name a real gentleman

My belief is that they're making more more money year after year hiding behind their charity status in Switzerland and instead of improving customer service they diminish it day by day the latest thing is the whole thing with the warranty card I'm sure an electronic card will be coming in the near future and I don't completely blame them but if it's one of their watches they should be servicing it complimentary based on the serial number alone for the warranty period.