The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 28 January 2024, 06:42 AM   #1
Steele
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of them
Icon4 Watch Charts New AP Report "DUMP"

Watch Charts new Market update and AP is taking a dump harder than most other brands for sure! even though looking through the other brand reports Pateks are taking a beating also! along with some of the Rolex Hype models like the Sprite

I love this personally as it means more cheap watches for me coming soon!

I posted a Market 2024 review and its looking good so far!
Attached Images
File Type: png AP dump.png (133.5 KB, 586 views)
File Type: png marketdump.png (126.0 KB, 591 views)
Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2024, 08:25 AM   #2
Steele
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of them
Im calling this the AP CEO Step down DUMP!

Jan 1st Ilaria Resta took the reigns of the company and I can only believe that the Dump is due to this shake up as We all know the Pipeline of Peices still coming out throughout 2024 and possibly 2025 will be the work of FHB.

We are all waiting to see the effects and changes the NEW CEO will make but for AP this will be a very interesting time!
Attached Images
File Type: png AP ceo leaving.png (101.8 KB, 533 views)
Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2024, 09:19 AM   #3
HMHM
"TRF" Member

I hope you meant that as a joke, but pinning the downward trend as the AP New CEO dump is unfair for Ilaria. Personally, I have more optimism for AP with her at the helm now than if FHB had continued in his role. Let’s face it - how many more limited editions are AP going to release if it was still FHB running the show? The new RO concept follows the Travis Scott x AP release in the span of 2 months. That’s after the Alyx LE. It’s just one LE after the other, which defeats the whole purpose of LE in the first place!

The old guard is gone and hopefully the new CEO has fresher ideas for the brand. Perhaps revitalising the line-up with watches that can be bought by actual people (still difficult but one does not need to be Orlando Bloom or Kevin Hart) and less LE unless it’s a really significant occasion. Bring back the RO Dual Time with a new dial format; slim down the CODE to 39mm and bring back the past legends like the 25657QP.
HMHM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2024, 10:31 AM   #4
agsstructures
2024 Pledge Member

Lower the better! Gives me a chance to get a jumbo at $45k vs $150k!!!
agsstructures is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2024, 02:34 PM   #5
sj24k
"TRF" Member

Just classic and expected market dynamics. AP secondary market was up big with the overall market rise, so zero surprise to see where it sits today.

It’s nice that many pieces are now more “approachable,” and I love a good buying opportunity as much as the next guy. But I also make it a rule never to root for a falling market.

Where it goes. No one knows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sj24k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2024, 08:28 PM   #6
hotchicken
"TRF" Member

People cheer that grey prices are falling, giving them a chance to buy at retail. The reality is , 5-6 years ago when all these were aviabale at retail (and with a discount) and below retail at grey, no one wanted them. it will be the same. part of the drive is buying something that is worth "above retail" or in the money as soon as you "walk out the store".
hotchicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2024, 06:46 AM   #7
WatchEater666
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotchicken View Post
People cheer that grey prices are falling, giving them a chance to buy at retail. The reality is , 5-6 years ago when all these were aviabale at retail (and with a discount) and below retail at grey, no one wanted them. it will be the same. part of the drive is buying something that is worth "above retail" or in the money as soon as you "walk out the store".
Yep. As soon as prices start falling below that threshold, they'll really tank.

Also, I'm not sure its tied to the CEO change at all. General market is down and the most hyped pieces are also the ones falling the most.
WatchEater666 is offline   Reply With Quote