The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 29 December 2014, 08:03 AM   #1
satya
"TRF" Member

Icon20 Finding Patek models from 1982 (the year I was born)

Hi all-

I'm looking for a Patek from 1982 (most likely a Calatrava). Does anyone know of a database where I can see what the different models that were made this year look like?

I don't know if it has to do with the Quartz Crisis but so far I've only found a few watches for sale from 1982 (all on Chrono24).

Thanks,
Satya
satya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2014, 11:52 AM   #2
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by satya View Post
Hi all-

I'm looking for a Patek from 1982 (most likely a Calatrava). Does anyone know of a database where I can see what the different models that were made this year look like?

I don't know if it has to do with the Quartz Crisis but so far I've only found a few watches for sale from 1982 (all on Chrono24).

Thanks,

Satya

Hmm long shot but maybe patek themselves would be willing to provide you with such info? Would be really cool if they would seeing as they clearly have what you need. Good luck

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 29 December 2014, 12:42 PM   #3
goog53
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex-Patek-AP
With Rolex back in the day the serial numbers could date when the watch was produced so finding a "birth year piece" is fairly easy. Patek has extracts that you can receive from the archives but I do not know if they state when that piece was made or if it is simply what year it was purchased. Some of the pieces may have sat in ADs cases for years so the purchase date obviously wouldn't coincide with the year it was made. Also a 1982 Calatrava would be very tiny by today's standards so take that into consideration as well. Best of Luck!
goog53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2014, 07:11 PM   #4
Passionata
"TRF" Member

Watch: the girls
Patek used to produced much less timepieces as today and it s fairly hard to identify the production date based on serial number as others said - Rolex helps not only with the unofficial internet charts but with the caseback stamped production year&Q.they utilized until the recent past-so you have two choices as I see , either find a piece with stamped Certificate of Origin-which tells the time of sale not the time of production- or get the Archive papers ,for the later you need the serial number and I think 100-200francs which might be not the most cost effective way to justify your acqusition,specialy if you have to use this protocol with multiply timepieces to find the certain year you are looking for.

Regarding the size , I myself just love small mens watches , had some used to be in a size of 33-34mm which was a standard mens watch size in the past and never felt myself girly , just an example my grandfathers 34mm Eterna MilSpec chrono from 1942

Wishing you a good hunt !

"Also remember that feet don't get fat and a watch will always speak volumes." Robert Johnston
---------------------
*new*https://youtu.be/EljAF-uddhE *new *

http://youtu.be/ZmpLoO1Q8eQ
IG @passionata1
Passionata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 December 2014, 02:40 AM   #5
FlatlineEF9
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, PP
Good luck with your search. Im also a fan of smaller sizes. 34-40mm is perfect.
Old 30 December 2014, 03:44 AM   #6
Fiery
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub-C 116610LN
You will have a hard time finding a 1982 made Patek for sale. And, as others mentioned, it will most likely be something like a Calatrava 3998 with a 34mm case. I would give it up and go for a 1982 Rolex or 1982 Omega Speedmaster "Moon Watch" instead. Just my $0.02.