The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Panerai Discussion Forum

Old 12 April 2021, 01:02 PM   #31
xwalker4
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 114060/116500LN/PA
Really gorgeous! Congrats!
xwalker4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2021, 05:53 PM   #32
louie
"TRF" Member

Watch: The Beast
Icon11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince KSA View Post
As promised, and a pre-warning that some people might be overwhelmed with photos, but for those true "Paneristis'" interested see below, as my good friend Simon picked the platinum Pam 01116 from the Panerai Boutique in Dubai today. Hopefully I'll have it in my possession before too long.

The Panerai Boutique, as they all are, are special places.

Attachment 1214525

Boxed with spare strap chosen by myself.

Attachment 1214527

Panerai do things properly, a lovely touch for a collector like me. Below is a signed letter from the Panerai CEO explaining the importance of this Luminor 70th Anniversary piece. Like I say, a lovely touch from Panerai.

Attachment 1214528

A nice platinum hue in this photo.

Attachment 1214532

The controversial rear with metalized emblem below the crystal.

Attachment 1214530

A free gift from Panerai - From my experiences, Panerai amazing customer service.

Attachment 1214531
Major congrats! I got mine like end last month without the spare strap and thank you letter. They will give them to me the next time when I'm back at their boutique, guess they have ulterior motives

I was invited to their private show next monday, was told they will let me try their prototypes and newest collection

You should get this transparent holder for your appreciation letter
Old 12 April 2021, 05:57 PM   #33
mailman
TRF Moderator & 2024 Patron

Watch: 126610LN
WOW! Bog congrats
Old 12 April 2021, 11:38 PM   #34
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Is the 70-year warranty transferrable to the next owner?
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 April 2021, 01:36 AM   #35
6XYBE63ST
Banned

love the number 13, very nice. searching for a pam of my own but having a tuff time finding a 1020.
6XYBE63ST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 April 2021, 02:29 AM   #36
Vince KSA
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona 116500LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie View Post
Major congrats! I got mine like end last month without the spare strap and thank you letter. They will give them to me the next time when I'm back at their boutique, guess they have ulterior motives

I was invited to their private show next monday, was told they will let me try their prototypes and newest collection

You should get this transparent holder for your appreciation letter
Thanks Louie, and huge congratulations to you too.

Indeed it is a very special watch that will undoubtedly mostly stay in the hands of true Paneristis and collectors. I'm just glad that I am not the only crazy person on TRF to spend such an amount on a Panerai.

As I was saying to a friend, with a limited run of just 70 watches they are going to be a very rare sight, even some boutiques may never see one. I agree the letter signed by the CEO of Panerai is a very special thing indeed to make the watch a "full-set".

I love the letter, to quote - "With this very special watch you are creating Panerai history", what a great line!
Patek Philippe 5168-G (Aquanaut Blue) - Rolex Daytona 116508 Green Dial - Rolex Submariner 116619LB ( Smurf) - Panerai 1116 (Platinum 1 of 70) - Panerai 932 Radiomir 47mm - Panerai 968 Submersible "Bronzo" - NOMOS Glashutte Club 453 Campus - SS Omega Seamaster Orange - Porsche Design GMT - G Shock Solar - Tag F1 Circa 1995 - J W Benson Circa 1950. ( F.PJ. Complication on order 👍🏼)
Vince KSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 April 2021, 04:03 AM   #37
Watch This
Banned

Watch: SS YMII
Beautiful watch. I cannot for the life of me figure out why on earth they would put a 70 year warranty disc of some sort on the inside of a clear case back. It clearly obscures the movement and is utterly unnecessary.

I am always open to other viewpoints and discussion but I see that as an eye sore and beyond dumb in terms of design. Indefensible really.
Watch This is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2021, 04:31 PM   #38
louie
"TRF" Member

Watch: The Beast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince KSA View Post
Thanks Louie, and huge congratulations to you too.

Indeed it is a very special watch that will undoubtedly mostly stay in the hands of true Paneristis and collectors. I'm just glad that I am not the only crazy person on TRF to spend such an amount on a Panerai.

As I was saying to a friend, with a limited run of just 70 watches they are going to be a very rare sight, even some boutiques may never see one. I agree the letter signed by the CEO of Panerai is a very special thing indeed to make the watch a "full-set".

I love the letter, to quote - "With this very special watch you are creating Panerai history", what a great line!
Glad you liked it We only have 2 in Singapore, and 1 of them was a special arrangement for me with a single digit...

The transparent holders kept the letters in perfect condition and nice presentation, really nice for them to come out with this for the customers
Old 15 April 2021, 09:57 AM   #39
mobster600
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes
I didn't know Panerai made Platinum models. The color and feel of platinum is unlike anything. That is a super cool watch. Great choice!
mobster600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 2021, 02:22 AM   #40
HansGruber
"TRF" Member

Congrats! Super unique color combo!
HansGruber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 2021, 02:58 AM   #41
mikkoi
"TRF" Member

Nice! Congratulations big time!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
mikkoi is offline   Reply With Quote