The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 24 March 2021, 11:05 PM   #61
fullofboats
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by edhahn44 View Post
Well, and this even excludes 25% buyer's premium if I'm not mistaken.
Seems also like the secondary market is completely dried out or asking crazy prices for Datos, Chronos and hot Lange 1s (a 101.001 is offered for € 80k for example).

Still not sure if all those pieces landed at serious collectors or if it's just a game of the larger greys to pumping up prices....
The $47.5k includes the hammer premium. High bid was $38k
A 101.049 sold for $40k last week with Sotheby's. A 101.025 sold in Feb. for $22k. A Darth, no papers/box sold for only $20k last summer. Lange 1s are going through the roof at auction and at greys, but still below retail price.
Watchfinder has a LE Lange 1 asking for ~$60k. EWC has a 101.025 and MOP Lange 1 both asking for $40k
fullofboats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 March 2021, 11:27 PM   #62
Russell996
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullofboats View Post
The $47.5k includes the hammer premium. High bid was $38k
A 101.049 sold for $40k last week with Sotheby's. A 101.025 sold in Feb. for $22k. A Darth, no papers/box sold for only $20k last summer. Lange 1s are going through the roof at auction and at greys, but still below retail price.
Watchfinder has a LE Lange 1 asking for ~$60k. EWC has a 101.025 and MOP Lange 1 both asking for $40k
Just to correct, the current prices are higher than the original retail was on the pieces in question. I assume you are comparing to the new latest models with different movements etc?
Russell996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 March 2021, 11:32 PM   #63
fullofboats
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell996 View Post
Just to correct, these prices are much higher than the original retail was on the pieces in question. I assume you are comparing to the new latest models with different movements etc?
Yeah, I was comparing the auction prices to current retail. I know it's gen 1. vs gen 2 but I imagine people are justifying the auction price they're paying because it's still cheaper than going to a boutique.

I can imagine paying USD$47.5k for a discontinued Darth to be palatable compared to the 191.025 retail of EUR46k. Still, +100% price increase in 9 months is...
Old 24 April 2021, 12:34 PM   #64
Toffeeman
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP 5164A
Anyone has done a bundle for 1815 Chrono and SS Odysseus?
Toffeeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 2021, 05:04 AM   #65
anselm
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toffeeman View Post
Anyone has done a bundle for 1815 Chrono and SS Odysseus?
Not sure in your country, but the 1815 chrono is backordered in most places and so is the Odysseus so not sure any boutique or AD will be able to do that...
anselm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2021, 05:47 PM   #66
Cyberceo
"TRF" Member

The 1815 chrono is available in the dubai mall boutique. They did say that one could place the name in for a Odysseus along with the purchase of the 1815 chrono. The Odysseus may take upto 2 years to be delivered.

However as a side note, the in store treatment in the ALS boutique in Dubai Mall is second to none and makes such a big impact.
Cyberceo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2021, 02:37 AM   #67
uniqueMR
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: P A T E K
Good info. Thanks.
Need to add ALS to the collection..
Old 13 May 2021, 09:15 PM   #68
Toffeeman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberceo View Post
The 1815 chrono is available in the dubai mall boutique. They did say that one could place the name in for a Odysseus along with the purchase of the 1815 chrono. The Odysseus may take upto 2 years to be delivered.

However as a side note, the in store treatment in the ALS boutique in Dubai Mall is second to none and makes such a big impact.

Thanx. I got my 1815 chrono and they will apply for the Odysseus but no guarantee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 14 May 2021, 12:21 AM   #69
chiscott_29
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex, ALS, Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toffeeman View Post
Thanx. I got my 1815 chrono and they will apply for the Odysseus but no guarantee.

I was told SS Odysseus allocations are running 18 to 24+ months out, but that your AD should know immediately if ALS has "approved" the allocation and thus be able to give you a relatively firm commitment on possible allocation/delivery.

Again, I'm just sharing what I heard from a trusted source...With everything in the watch world YMMV.

It will be interesting to see if there is an addition to the Odysseus line-up this year...I've heard people speculate there may be a Chrono on the way. And if ALS wants to keep up, they better have the green dial Odysseus ready
Old 14 May 2021, 12:42 AM   #70
uniqueMR
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiscott_29 View Post
I was told SS Odysseus allocations are running 18 to 24+ months out, but that your AD should know immediately if ALS has "approved" the allocation and thus be able to give you a relatively firm commitment on possible allocation/delivery.

Again, I'm just sharing what I heard from a trusted source...With everything in the watch world YMMV.

It will be interesting to see if there is an addition to the Odysseus line-up this year...I've heard people speculate there may be a Chrono on the way. And if ALS wants to keep up, they better have the green dial Odysseus ready
We need green dial Odysseus. I see GREEN
And I strongly believe Lange should increase their offerings under Odysseus.
Old 14 May 2021, 01:21 AM   #71
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
Quote:
Originally Posted by uniqueMR View Post
We need green dial Odysseus. I see GREEN
And I strongly believe Lange should increase their offerings under Odysseus.
I thought that was the initial plan. Introduce the SS day-date first and then eventually introduce more complicated pieces. I think they should introduce some type of GMT/travel time function in SS.
texasmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2021, 11:44 PM   #72
sgwatchguy
"TRF" Member

Watch: R/AP/FPJ/Hermčs/et
So I got told that I would not be put on the list for an Odysseus if I purchased the 414.026 (1815 chrono boutique edition). But I would be waitlisted for if I got any of the other regular chronos.

Anyone else know if this is policy? I'm dealing with the boutique btw. Not feeling too happy considering I pay the same but get treated differently for buying what is a boutique only model.

Last edited by sgwatchguy; 28 May 2021 at 11:50 PM.. Reason: typo
sgwatchguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2021, 01:20 AM   #73
vinniebabarooch
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgwatchguy View Post
So I got told that I would not be put on the list for an Odysseus if I purchased the 414.026 (1815 chrono boutique edition). But I would be waitlisted for if I got any of the other regular chronos.

Anyone else know if this is policy? I'm dealing with the boutique btw. Not feeling too happy considering I pay the same but get treated differently for buying what is a boutique only model.
Yes, my understanding is that limited and boutique editions do not count towards spending history towards the Odysseus. Just regular edition watches that you buy.
vinniebabarooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2021, 01:38 AM   #74
moting
"TRF" Member

Watch: addict
Quote:

Thanks for sharing the info and I assume no discount possible at the boutique?
moting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2021, 01:46 AM   #75
fullofboats
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moting View Post
Thanks for sharing the info and I assume no discount possible at the boutique?
Correct. Zero discount at boutiques. Boutique edition 1815 chrono does not count towards steel Odysseus. Wait time is +2 years now
Old 29 May 2021, 01:55 AM   #76
Russell996
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

Doesn’t sound correct to me, my experience has been any piece counts towards the Odysseus, even pieces purchased from an AD. However demand has grown exponentially since I got mine so perhaps policy has changed. Over demand and limited supply always mean a compromise.
Old 29 May 2021, 01:58 AM   #77
WatchEater666
"TRF" Member

I was told I probably won’t get mine until 2022 sometime. Originally was supposed to be this year.
WatchEater666 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2021, 02:16 AM   #78
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchEater666 View Post
I was told I probably won’t get mine until 2022 sometime. Originally was supposed to be this year.
+1
ap1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2021, 01:05 PM   #79
sgwatchguy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinniebabarooch View Post
Yes, my understanding is that limited and boutique editions do not count towards spending history towards the Odysseus. Just regular edition watches that you buy.

Thanks man.

Stinks. I love the watch but this is bs.
Old 29 May 2021, 01:07 PM   #80
sgwatchguy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Doesn’t sound correct to me, my experience has been any piece counts towards the Odysseus, even pieces purchased from an AD. However demand has grown exponentially since I got mine so perhaps policy has changed. Over demand and limited supply always mean a compromise.

Thanks Russell. Yes appears the policy has changed for the worse.
Old 29 May 2021, 01:08 PM   #81
sgwatchguy
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I was told wait time “minimum” is 2 years. So could be longer.
Old 29 May 2021, 05:13 PM   #82
Russell996
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Quote:
I was told wait time “minimum” is 2 years. So could be longer.
Fingers crossed guys for a faster delivery, I see Lange has also now made the bracelet not removable. I love the bracelet but have also enjoyed swopping out for a custom rubber strap.
Old 29 May 2021, 06:06 PM   #83
WatchEater666
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Fingers crossed guys for a faster delivery, I see Lange has also now made the bracelet not removable. I love the bracelet but have also enjoyed swopping out for a custom rubber strap.
Wait what
WatchEater666 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2021, 07:17 PM   #84
Russell996
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Wait what

Photo from Lange web site.

Photo of current bracelet fitment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 29 May 2021, 07:48 PM   #85
mongrelnomoad
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Nope. Even at launch this wasn’t the case.
mongrelnomoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2021, 10:27 PM   #86
Russell996
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongrelnomoad View Post
Nope. Even at launch this wasn’t the case.
Not sure why you say that, numerous posters here and on WatchProsite have commented to similar effect and I have personal experience. Now I know demand has increased exponentially since I ordered mine on launch day in October 2019 and production hasn’t increased so something has to give - this inevitably leads to upset customers as I know you know only too well. There is no magic bullet to solve the current insane watch market other than to share the love to some of the equally worthy small producers as you have done - but they also quickly get swamped.
Old 30 May 2021, 02:17 AM   #87
mongrelnomoad
2024 Pledge Member

Russell, I should have edited better. I was specifically referring to the first part of your post - “Doesn’t sound correct to me, my experience has been any piece counts towards the Odysseus, even pieces purchased from an AD.” Even at the start, these did not count - or did, but only not in a clear, transparent and straightforward way. As I've said before, a Lange 1 Moonphase in platinum bought from an AD before the announcement of the Odysseus, did not count at launch.
mongrelnomoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2021, 07:52 AM   #88
uniqueMR
2024 Pledge Member

Update: Lange has removed prices from their web site.
Interesting :)
Old 30 May 2021, 08:15 AM   #89
Russell996
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongrelnomoad View Post
Russell, I should have edited better. I was specifically referring to the first part of your post - “Doesn’t sound correct to me, my experience has been any piece counts towards the Odysseus, even pieces purchased from an AD.” Even at the start, these did not count - or did, but only not in a clear, transparent and straightforward way. As I've said before, a Lange 1 Moonphase in platinum bought from an AD before the announcement of the Odysseus, did not count at launch.
I understand. It is an impossible position and you were let down.
Old 30 May 2021, 09:15 AM   #90
Toffeeman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uniqueMR View Post
Update: Lange has removed prices from their web site.
Interesting :)

Wonder why? Or they are just updating something.