The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 16 December 2011, 12:20 AM   #121
cruvon
"TRF" Member

Thanks Tony, now we know where you get those beautiful watches from;), awesome site, thanks. Adding him to the list. Need another referral from someone who's bought a watch from him for a green star.

Quote:

Vintage purchase experience Feedback List

Footnote1: While there have been no complaints or doubts about the authenticity or quality of his watches by buyers who have bought watches from him and is known for being a red sub expert and for his popular red sub article many of us have used as a guide, some allegations have been levelled about some of his watch's paperwork(not by his buyers), specifically about guarantee papers on some watches. The allegations haven't been proven with concrete publicly available evidence but that's not to say the allegations can be discounted and is upto forumers here to make their own judgement based on the available evidence. In his favour, no buyers have complained about the authenticity of his paperwork on authentication and no evidence of anything amiss when the watches were taken to a RSC, other service centers, or for an expert appraisal. However in light of the allegations, do verify the paperwork when making a full set purchase, just to be sure so that all boxes tick. This note will remain in effect for a year and if nothing more negative comes up about watch papers or with new sales, will be deleted in the latest update of this list in a years time.

Footnote 2: Please note issues raised by drainaps,Kyle in the earlier sections http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=180461, asking the right questions from this dealer necessary to ascertain originality since this dealer might not have the specific expertise catering specifically to collectors as some of the sellers here, has a 7 days no questions asked return policy

A green (*) against a dealers name indicates that atleast 2 forumers have purchased vintage watches from a dealer here, have received them and are happy. So if atleast 2 of you have purchased a vintage watch from any of the dealers in the list, have received it and are happy with the purchase please say so here so can update the dealers name with a green (*).Also note that a single forumer purchasing 2 or more watches from a seller will be considered as one reference and not two.

**All special notes against a sellers name will remain for a year and be taken off if no further negative feedback is heard of in that period.

Purchase Reference list: Besides the green star rating, for added green star rating accuracy, refer to this "Purchase Reference list" to get a feel of the quality of watches forumers here have purchased from their respective sellers by looking up their historic threads for posted watch pictures and making inquiries on the forum.
Mark Lerman (ezinternet,cruvon,Chris B)
Jedly (Steelerfan65,bb3188)
Eric Ku (ddrees,steelerfan65,skyedog,Beaumont Miller II)
Ben (Jason71,yessir69,desfrie)
Jacek (ezinternet,Submarino,Mark020)
Andrew Shear (Steelerfan65,Tcaviglioli,Beaumont Miller II,bluemartinfan,Skyedog,Buffy)
Ralle (florianw,Burswood)
Steve Mulholland (Swearengen,davemcdus)
Ian Blowers (DiamondJack, chiubak,Monobike)

NB: While this list serves to collate all vintage watch dealers forumers have possibly dealt with (from fellow forumers comments above) in one place, it in no way is a measure of the quality/originality of the watches that are on sale with them. Please conduct your own due diligence before you make any purchases by asking questions on the forum, posting pictures, getting references, etc. Also please notify us of any concerns and if the forumers agree I can take them off this list.

VERY IMPORTANT: As always refer to the footnotes and do your due diligence when buying any vintage watch, even from sellers listed as having a green star, since past recommendations are not necessarily a ticket for positive experiences in the future, so ask questions and verify watches through the forum "before" you buy any vintage watch. This is a forumer purchase experience list aimed at helping newbies find a vintage from known sources and is not an official recommendation list or a substitute for doing proper research on watches and sellers before you buy.

Last thing I remember, I was Running outta sight
I had to find the passage back,To the place I was before.
’Relax,’ said this Rolex place,We are programmed to receive.
You can checkout any time you like, But you can never leave!
cruvon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2011, 09:17 AM   #122
alanski
"TRF" Member

a few guys i have known a while

mike wood the old watch shop ,
my old old friend jed from thetimetraveler.co

and jason from sweepinghand.co.uk is another old friend ive know for a good while

buying from any of these guys you will not be dissappointed if you are they will refund with no questions asked

Al
alanski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2011, 12:14 AM   #123
alanski
"TRF" Member

I have bought from all of the guys I've listed

Jed and mike wood need no introduction
Have had numerous pieces from Jed and a few from mike

And a couple of pieces from Jason at sweeping time
alanski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2011, 09:44 AM   #124
mrexplorer

Watch: 6239
does anyone know about Tom bolt from watch guru ? seen a few bits on his site.
Im looking for a 1982 explorer with papers for my son its his 30th this year.
Any leads?
cheers
mrexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2011, 01:38 PM   #125
cruvon
"TRF" Member

Thanks alanski, will add you for Jed and green star Jason. I need one more referral for a watch purchase for Mike Wood.

Old 9 January 2012, 02:24 AM   #126
breitlingherst
"TRF" Member

Watch: Richard Mille...
great resource...thank you!
breitlingherst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2012, 11:53 AM   #127
cruvon
"TRF" Member

Hi guys, updated. Thanks learningtofly and alanski, have added you both to the purchase reference list for Jason Graham and alanski for Jedly's purchase reference list. Also upped Jason Graham to green star status, welcome Jason!

Footnote1: While there have been no complaints or doubts about the authenticity or quality of his watches by buyers who have bought watches from him and is known for being a red sub expert and for his popular red sub article many of us have used as a guide, some allegations have been levelled about some of his watch's paperwork(not by his buyers), specifically about guarantee papers on some watches. The allegations haven't been proven with concrete publicly available evidence but that's not to say the allegations can be discounted and is upto forumers here to make their own judgement based on the available evidence. In his favour, no buyers have complained about the authenticity of his paperwork on authentication and no evidence of anything amiss when the watches were taken to a RSC, other service centers, or for an expert appraisal. However in light of the allegations, do verify the paperwork when making a full set purchase, just to be sure so that all boxes tick. This note will remain in effect for a year and if nothing more negative comes up about watch papers or with new sales, will be deleted in the latest update of this list in a years time.

Footnote 2: Please note issues raised by drainaps,Kyle in the earlier sections http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=180461, asking the right questions from this dealer necessary to ascertain originality since this dealer might not have the specific expertise catering specifically to collectors as some of the sellers here, has a 7 days no questions asked return policy

A green (*) against a dealers name indicates that atleast 2 forumers have purchased vintage watches from a dealer here, have received them and are happy. So if atleast 2 of you have purchased a vintage watch from any of the dealers in the list, have received it and are happy with the purchase please say so here so can update the dealers name with a green (*).Also note that a single forumer purchasing 2 or more watches from a seller will be considered as one reference and not two.

**All special notes against a sellers name will remain for a year and be taken off if no further negative feedback is heard of in that period.

Purchase Reference list: Besides the green star rating, for added green star rating accuracy, refer to this "Purchase Reference list" to get a feel of the quality of watches forumers here have purchased from their respective sellers. Forumers have kindly made recommendations here for sellers so that it helps newcomers here, thanks guys for that! Also this list can help confirm are genuine known forumers/buyers making buyer recommendations and you can do that by having a look at their historic posts here, feel free to use the search function to look up their historic threads for posted watch pictures. Though not 100%, the purpose of this purchase reference list is also to hopefully discourage proxy buyers who make fake recommendations on a dealers behalf so that they think twice before making a recommendation here since to prospective buyers, their thread history is only a simple thread search away. Finally, do make inquiries on the forum.
Mark Lerman (ezinternet,cruvon,Chris B)
Jedly (Steelerfan65,bb3188, alanski)
Jacek (ezinternet,Submarino,Mark020)
Andrew Shear (Steelerfan65,Tcaviglioli,Beaumont Miller II,bluemartinfan,Skyedog,Buffy)
Steve Mulholland (Swearengen,davemcdus)
Jason Graham (learningtofly,alanski)

NB: While this list serves to collate all vintage watch dealers forumers have possibly dealt with (from fellow forumers comments above) in one place, it in no way is a measure of the quality/originality of the watches that are on sale with them. Please conduct your own due diligence before you make any purchases by asking questions on the forum, posting pictures, getting references, etc. Also please notify us of any concerns and if the forumers agree I can take them off this list.

VERY IMPORTANT: As always refer to the footnotes and do your due diligence when buying any vintage watch, even from sellers listed as having a green star, since past recommendations are not necessarily a ticket for positive experiences in the future, so ask questions and verify watches through the forum "before" you buy any vintage watch. This is a forumer purchase experience list aimed at helping newbies find a vintage from known sources and is not an official recommendation list or a substitute for doing proper research on watches and sellers before you buy.

Old 11 January 2012, 01:28 PM   #128
cruvon
"TRF" Member

hi guys, just checking how many of the sellers on the list are active or exist on our forum here besides Jed (jedly1)? Need put their forum id in for easy contact. Also plan putting in a special mention of sellers who are actively contributing their knowledge to this forum( with >50 posts),

Thanks

Old 20 January 2012, 01:36 AM   #129
Dan2000
"TRF" Member

Anyone know vintage dealers in Canada?
Dan2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2012, 05:06 AM   #130
Tcaviglioli
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5512, 6263, 6265
Hi,

Just did a great transaction with Fourtane, very pleasant to deal with and great customer service, I do recommend them for great quality watches!

Cheers
Tcaviglioli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2012, 10:49 PM   #131
shairan
"TRF" Member

This list is really useful for people. Thank to you to Cruzon and others, as it was handy when I started looking and learning.

I just would like to make a small note on Jacek. I made a purchase from Jacek 3 weeks ago, and everything went smoothly, which should not be a surprise to forum members. It was my first vintage purchase, so I had tons of questions - all of which he patiently explained. Jacek also took time to give comments on something for which he has no benefit to gain. That says a lot about him. So I stand by his good name.
shairan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2012, 10:08 AM   #132
cruvon
"TRF" Member

Thanks breitlingherst,Tcaviglioli, shairan.
@Tcaviglioli: Need one more purchase reference for Fortunae for a green star.
@shairan: Will add you to the purchase reference list for Jacek in the next list update.
@Dan2000: Not sure, maybe post a new thread in this vintage section so that your query is more visible.

Old 30 January 2012, 08:08 AM   #133
badastronaut
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT Master II
Hi, bought a nice 1675 from Jason Graham - great deal, everything went well!

André
badastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2012, 09:32 AM   #134
cruvon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by badastronaut View Post
Hi, bought a nice 1675 from Jason Graham - great deal, everything went well!

André
Thanks for the update badastronaut, will add you to the purchase reference list for Jason Graham in the next list update!

Old 9 February 2012, 12:48 PM   #135
bJb

Does anyone know who might have the champagne dial for a Rolex Airking 5501?
bJb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 February 2012, 02:46 PM   #136
cruvon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bJb View Post
Does anyone know who might have the champagne dial for a Rolex Airking 5501?
Try if any repairers on this list have it after verifying their credentials.
http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=182662

You could also check with dealers above.

Old 11 February 2012, 10:30 AM   #137
dommasters
"TRF" Member

http://www.uhrenfreund.com - Bought a Tudor Chrono
http://www.thewatchcollectors.com - Bought a NOS 16520

I too have bought from blowers. Incidentally they are required by law to let you retrun a watch within 7 days if you bought it over the internet. Not sure if it is a UK law or a European one.

and finally, just so we can drool, tho' I have not bought from them:

http://www.thedreamcollection.com/ho...tches_for_sale
dommasters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2012, 08:51 PM   #138
FUMAO
"TRF" Member

Could someone recommend a place to buy Vintage watches in Hong Kong? I tried Berne Horology and found them rude and aggressive - help appreciated!
FUMAO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2012, 11:38 PM   #139
chiubak
"TRF" Member

Watch: explorer II 1655
my 5512 from Mark Lerman (mark@webstorm.com)

Here my 5512 from Mark Lerman (mark@webstorm.com) also known as comexfan. Great guy and a true gent
DSC02529.jpg
chiubak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2012, 04:15 PM   #140
cruvon
"TRF" Member

Thanks dommasters, chiubak, will add in your recommendations in the next list update!

Old 18 February 2012, 12:07 AM   #141
CTD123
"TRF" Member

Has anyone ever heard of or dealth with Demesey watches out of Dallas TX? Here is the link: http://www.demesy.com/Merchant2/merc...uct_Code=91444

I'm looking at a ladies datejust 2-tone w/oyster band, where Demesey has added diamons on bezel and the hour markers. They are asking 5750.

I am an inexperienced buyer, any suggestions on how to check for originality? They allow for a few days to return, so I would just pay round trip shipping if I am not satisfied.

Appreciate any help from those of you who have experience!
CTD123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 February 2012, 09:20 AM   #142
cruvon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD123 View Post
Has anyone ever heard of or dealth with Demesey watches out of Dallas TX? Here is the link: http://www.demesy.com/Merchant2/merc...uct_Code=91444

I'm looking at a ladies datejust 2-tone w/oyster band, where Demesey has added diamons on bezel and the hour markers. They are asking 5750.

I am an inexperienced buyer, any suggestions on how to check for originality? They allow for a few days to return, so I would just pay round trip shipping if I am not satisfied.

Appreciate any help from those of you who have experience!
Try checking by posting your query here. http://rolexforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28
As for cheking for originality, since you are new, post detailed pics (macro of the dial, between the lugs, movement if possible, bracelet etc.) here on the vintage forum asking for advice and the experts here will guide you.

Old 21 February 2012, 08:37 AM   #143
lsavoldi
"TRF" Member

Hello all,
Just purchased my fourth Rolex from Mark Lerrman. A fine gentleman, extremely attentive and very easy to deal with.
After the rumors regarding papers, I took the 1675 gilt I've just purchased to a 35 years experienced Rolex AD. Watch (obviously) and papers were certified.
He is a great guy and and i have heard nothing but good things about him.
I will purchase from him again for sure.
Just wanted to relate my personal experience with this seller.
lsavoldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2012, 05:59 PM   #144
cruvon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsavoldi View Post
Hello all,
Just purchased my fourth Rolex from Mark Lerrman. A fine gentleman, extremely attentive and very easy to deal with.
After the rumors regarding papers, I took the 1675 gilt I've just purchased to a 35 years experienced Rolex AD. Watch (obviously) and papers were certified.
He is a great guy and and i have heard nothing but good things about him.
I will purchase from him again for sure.
Just wanted to relate my personal experience with this seller.
Congrats on the watch, will add you in the "Purchase Reference list" in the next update of the list!

Old 28 February 2012, 11:24 AM   #145
SLS
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT's & Sub's
I have purchased several vintage items from Steve Mulholland including a Red Sub with no issues.
Scott

Member No. 922
SLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 February 2012, 01:17 PM   #146
cruvon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLS View Post
I have purchased several vintage items from Steve Mulholland including a Red Sub with no issues.
Scott
Thanks Scott, will add you in the "Purchase reference list" for Steve!

Old 9 March 2012, 12:42 PM   #147
RC2
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 1675
Greekbum = Great Seller

Bought a Rivet Bracelet from Nick last night. Great Seller. Very helpful and took the time to explain details about vintage watches to me. Would do business with him again in a heartbeat. Rich

Member of Nylon Nation
Red Sox Nation
Instagram watchguy97
RC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 March 2012, 01:13 PM   #148
cruvon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC2 View Post
Bought a Rivet Bracelet from Nick last night. Great Seller. Very helpful and took the time to explain details about vintage watches to me. Would do business with him again in a heartbeat. Rich
Great, enjoy the bracelet Rich!

Old 9 March 2012, 09:34 PM   #149
RC2
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 1675
Thanks. Will post a thread when I get it. Rich

Member of Nylon Nation
Red Sox Nation
Instagram watchguy97
RC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 March 2012, 11:08 PM   #150
cruvon
"TRF" Member

Hi guys, updates to the list here, thanks for your valuable input, the Seller list and Purchase reference list have been updated with your recommendations

Footnote1: While there have been no complaints or doubts about the authenticity or quality of his watches by buyers who have bought watches from him and is known for being a red sub expert and for his popular red sub article many of us have used as a guide, some serious allegations have been levelled about some of his watch's paperwork by those in the know, specifically about guarantee papers on some watches of his sold through Ebay. The allegations haven't been supported by concrete "publicly" available evidence by those making the allegations citing privacy reasons but that's not to say the allegations can be discounted and is upto forumers here to make their own judgement based on the facts available. In his favour, there has been no evidence of anything amiss when the watches themselves were taken to a RSC, other service centers, or for an expert appraisal. However in light of the serious allegations about the paperwork, for those purchasing full sets which obviously go at a huge premium compared to loose watches, do verify the paperwork when making a full set purchase, to be sure so that all boxes tick and so that you get your money's worth. Buyers/forumers, please feel free to provide public feedback with evidence if you find anything amiss with purchases.

Purchase Reference list: Besides the green star rating, for added green star rating accuracy, refer to this "Purchase Reference list" to get a feel of the quality of watches forumers here have purchased from their respective sellers. Forumers have kindly made recommendations here for sellers so that it helps newcomers here, thanks guys for that! Also this list can help confirm are genuine known forumers/buyers making buyer recommendations and you can do that by having a look at their historic posts here, feel free to use the search function to look up their historic threads for posted watch pictures. Though not 100%, the purpose of this purchase reference list is also to hopefully discourage proxy buyers who make fake recommendations on a dealers behalf so that they think twice before making a recommendation here since to prospective buyers, their thread history is only a simple thread search away. Finally, do make inquiries on the forum.

Mark Lerman (ezinternet,cruvon,Chris B,chiubak)
Jedly (Steelerfan65,bb3188, alanski)
Jacek (ezinternet,Submarino,Mark020,shairan)
Steve Mulholland (Swearengen,davemcdus,SLS)
Jason Graham (learningtofly,alanski,badastronaut)