The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 5 October 2022, 08:09 PM   #1
mountainjogger
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: M99230B-0008
Musk offers to complete Twitter purchase

On the eve of trial.

https://apnews.com/article/elon-musk...e5be7a1388e0fd
Old 5 October 2022, 08:18 PM   #2
mountainjogger
2024 Pledge Member

And his deposition was set to begin tomorrow.
Old 5 October 2022, 11:37 PM   #3
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

USA's DC office squatters are going to be upset, there goes their propaganda platform.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 October 2022, 11:51 PM   #4
Star Ferry
Banned

What were the odds that the DE court enforced the specific performance clause? Apparently high, since he’s doing this?
Star Ferry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 October 2022, 11:54 PM   #5
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Read it on twitter
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2022, 12:04 AM   #6
dddrees
"TRF" Member

Watch: This N That
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Ferry View Post
What were the odds that the DE court enforced the specific performance clause? Apparently high, since he’s doing this?
Well, it was all his doing after all. His other option was to pay a billion dollars to back out of the deal.

Loyal Foot Soldier of The Nylon Nation.

Card Carrying Member of the Global Association of
Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
dddrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2022, 12:15 AM   #7
Star Ferry
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post
Well, it was all his doing after all. His other option was to pay a billion dollars to back out of the deal.
I think you’d be more likely to see a buyer getting specific performance. Just having the clause in a valid contract is not enough; this is equitable relief that requires showing irreparable harm, lack of other good remedies at law, etc. Since businesses are unique and dollars are fungible it’d be easier for a buyer to make that case. It’s not clear to me what happened here — e.g., whether Musk’s lawyers thought the court would force him to do the deal anyway, or whether his lawyers just thought he owed the break fee and the prospect of paying the break fee really pissed Musk off
Star Ferry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2022, 12:34 AM   #8
mountainjogger
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I think you’d be more likely to see a buyer getting specific performance. Just having the clause in a valid contract is not enough; this is equitable relief that requires showing irreparable harm, lack of other good remedies at law, etc. Since businesses are unique and dollars are fungible it’d be easier for a buyer to make that case. It’s not clear to me what happened here — e.g., whether Musk’s lawyers thought the court would force him to do the deal anyway, or whether his lawyers just thought he owed the break fee and the prospect of paying the break fee really pissed Musk off
Paying elevated interest rates has also been mentioned. Don't know if that is contractual, statutory, or based on increased market rates.

Being subject to deposition tomorrow may have been another consideraton.
Old 6 October 2022, 12:42 AM   #9
330ci
"TRF" Member

Quote:
After reading his proposed plan to monetize Twitter and cut down on costs, I think he realizes its a diamond in the rough. His proposed use of blockchain is going to be incredible if implemented properly. I don't plan on using it, but definitely interested to see how the platform progresses.
330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2022, 05:36 AM   #10
dddrees
"TRF" Member

Watch: This N That
Quote:
Based on what I heard he had a good idea what he was getting into. If he didn’t maybe he should have spent more time making sure he knew what he was getting into before making an offer and less time talking. He may very well be good at something’s, but this one sounds more of his doing than anyone else’s fault.

Loyal Foot Soldier of The Nylon Nation.

Card Carrying Member of the Global Association of
Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
dddrees is offline   Reply With Quote