The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 16 January 2021, 07:21 AM   #1
Stewart_88
"TRF" Member

Rolex and Mauritius

Hi all, I've just booked a trip to Mauritius for 2022 for our 10 year wedding anniversary. Just noticed they have a few AD's there looking on there website.

What you reckon stock levels would be like there, would be nice to get lucky for my anniversary (BLRO/Bluesy etc.)

or
Old 16 January 2021, 07:22 AM   #2
kieselguhr
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1601
I wish you the best of luck
kieselguhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2021, 07:42 AM   #3
cbalster
"TRF" Member

I think in 2022 all of the supply issues will be resolved and display cases will be fully stocked with all of the models. However, the moment you walk out the store the value of your watch will drop 20% in an instant. Which model are you keen on?
cbalster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2021, 07:45 AM   #4
TeddyBallGame
2024 Pledge Member

Rolex and Mauritius

Sorry, I just couldn’t resist :)
TeddyBallGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2021, 07:51 AM   #5
Stewart_88
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbalster View Post
I think in 2022 all of the supply issues will be resolved and display cases will be fully stocked with all of the models. However, the moment you walk out the store the value of your watch will drop 20% in an instant. Which model are you keen on?
Is this to do with tax?? How does it work with buying from overseas? Sorry if this sounds stupid

BLRO or TT blue sub..... Or maybe both eventually
Old 16 January 2021, 08:04 AM   #6
173rdabn
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 216570 Explorer II
Good luck with that.
173rdabn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2021, 08:14 AM   #7
Cassidy776
Banned

You're kidding, right??
Cassidy776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2021, 01:00 PM   #8
TswaneNguni
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytonas/Subs/GMTs
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidy776 View Post
you're kidding, right??
+1
TswaneNguni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2021, 01:42 PM   #9
arcampado
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbalster View Post
Ha
arcampado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2021, 05:40 PM   #10
RoRoRo
"TRF" Member

Watch: YM40
You’re better off going to your local ad explaining you’ve got an anniversary coming up next year and which piece you’d like. Chances are that you’ve a better chance at getting your Rolex this way, rather than speculating a year ahead whilst in the middle of a pandemic, a year away from a location you’ve never visited and an ad you’ve no history with.
You’re relying on pure luck if you’re thinking of getting your watch this way.
RoRoRo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2021, 05:46 PM   #11
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewart_88 View Post
Hi all, I've just booked a trip to Mauritius for 2022 for our 10 year wedding anniversary. Just noticed they have a few AD's there looking on there website.

What you reckon stock levels would be like there, would be nice to get lucky for my anniversary (BLRO/Bluesy etc.)

or
Forget the BLRO right now as that’s not happening. Bluesey maybe.....

Enjoy your wedding anniversary and see what’s there when you arrive
Nairn1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2021, 05:57 PM   #12
Hilly10
"TRF" Member

I don’t Rolex will ever up supply levels to satisfy demand, it’s no what they do. Before COVID Nov 2019 we were in the Bahamas not one AD had a abundance of Sports watches in fact they had hardly any. I have been to Mauritius a few times as my Mom comes from there the ADs in Port Louis were not overstocked with Rolex pieces then,I would not expect that to change. Good luck, great place for holidays. Enjoy
Hilly10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2021, 06:06 PM   #13
saxo3
"TRF" Member

Rolex and Mauritius

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidy776 View Post
you're kidding, right??
+1
OP, if you don't get them in Geneva, Rom, Madrid, Paris, London, Berlin, New York, San Francisco, Singapore, ..... you believe to get it on Mauritius?
Btw, Mauritius is very nice, also for diving, don't spoil your time there searching for watches but enjoy your wedding anniversary.
saxo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2021, 10:44 PM   #14
Stewart_88
"TRF" Member

I will get the watches I want from my AD, there just the two watches I've got my next bit of interest in.

I'm not going there just to shop for watches Was just wondering what kind of stock levels to expect there from people who have visited as while I'm there I will pop in.
Old 16 January 2021, 11:00 PM   #15
Danny83
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yellow Gold
You can probably get one quicker with the local AD
Danny83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2021, 11:21 PM   #16
Woody
"TRF" Member

Hopefully Mauritius will be open again by 2022.....but no guarantee so you might want to think of a plan B for your anniversary!! As far as Rolex is concerned then there is one AD here in Mauritius located in the capital Port Louis. They also have a couple of outlets located in several of the more prestigious hotels. Your chances of obtaining anything other than a bi-metal ladies Datejust are virtually nil. In fact obtaining any luxury Swiss watch is extremely difficult here. Stock is limited and what is available is generally reserved for selected customers. If you plan to travel here via Johannesburg or Dubai then you might have more chance of buying from one of their ADs......but I very much doubt it .
Woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2021, 11:45 PM   #17
Stewart_88
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody View Post
Hopefully Mauritius will be open again by 2022.....but no guarantee so you might want to think of a plan B for your anniversary!! As far as Rolex is concerned then there is one AD here in Mauritius located in the capital Port Louis. They also have a couple of outlets located in several of the more prestigious hotels. Your chances of obtaining anything other than a bi-metal ladies Datejust are virtually nil. In fact obtaining any luxury Swiss watch is extremely difficult here. Stock is limited and what is available is generally reserved for selected customers. If you plan to travel here via Johannesburg or Dubai then you might have more chance of buying from one of their ADs......but I very much doubt it .
Thanks for your response. Hopefully it will be open, I'm writing this year off but fingers crossed for 2022.... could do with a nice holiday with the wife.

We can pop in while there, I've put my order in for my wife's DJ36 for her present before we go..... Hopefully she doesn't get the rolex bug instantly and like another piece there

Thanks again
Old 17 January 2021, 04:18 AM   #18
Woody
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewart_88 View Post
Thanks for your response. Hopefully it will be open, I'm writing this year off but fingers crossed for 2022.... could do with a nice holiday with the wife.

We can pop in while there, I've put my order in for my wife's DJ36 for her present before we go..... Hopefully she doesn't get the rolex bug instantly and like another piece there

Thanks again

Hope it all works out well for you and you have a great holiday. A Datejust will be a great gift for your wife. All the best.
Woody is offline   Reply With Quote