The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 26 August 2019, 10:48 AM   #91
lawrence1
"TRF" Member

So did you spend less going this route vs buying a no stories kermit?
lawrence1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2019, 10:05 PM   #92
Explorer2polar
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR , Sub C, Exp
Excellent well done OP, I'm glad to see this through and you succeed.

Enjoy your watch and a great result.
Explorer2polar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 August 2019, 03:52 AM   #93
zuber
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrence1 View Post
So did you spend less going this route vs buying a no stories kermit?
Well, it is still less than £10k. So, not bad I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johny View Post
Well done OP. Are you posting some pics in the 16610lv owners thread?
I have just put two pictures there
zuber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 August 2019, 04:30 AM   #94
Mr.Rolex1
Banned

Watch: Submariner
Is that a factory bezel?
Mr.Rolex1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 August 2019, 07:13 AM   #95
ilyknarf
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner Date
I would have never converted it in the first place!
ilyknarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 August 2019, 07:38 PM   #96
zuber
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Rolex1 View Post
Is that a factory bezel?
The bezel has been used. I bought it from http://www.vintagerolexparts.co.uk/ on ebay (user p.a.c.s.). 100% genuine.
Old 4 September 2019, 01:28 PM   #97
onshow
"TRF" Member

As can be seen in the other thread you started Zuber, something very fishy is going on here and like others have also pointed out, your watch is not an original LV which can be seen by the punched numbers on the papers you are covering up and the different green hang tag numbers that can bee seen on page 1 of the following thread.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthre...=679306&page=3
onshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2019, 01:39 PM   #98
onshow
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onshow View Post
As can be seen in the other thread you started Zuber, something very fishy is going on here and like others have also pointed out, your watch is not an original LV which can be seen by the punched numbers on the papers you are covering up and the different green hang tag numbers that can bee seen on page 1 of the following thread.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthre...=679306&page=3

To make it easier I’ll put the photos in here that you put in the other thread. The 3rd number you are covering with your watch is a 6 as you can tell by the 4 dots going down and the last number is either a 7 or a 3 as they both have 2 dots at the top right corner.

You come on here with your sob story and try to lead people astray to most likely try and sell the watch to another watch novice.

Shame on you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 4 September 2019, 01:46 PM   #99
Chewbacca
Banned

Watch: Kessel Run Chrono
I'm so lost with this thread.

Someone call Inigo Montoya for a quick sum up.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2019, 01:58 PM   #100
onshow
"TRF" Member

Basically Zuber has tried leading everyone to beleive that he bought a 16610 that turned out to be a 16610lv from a well know second hand dealer that didnt pick up that it was a 16610LV! Pleaseeeee are you serious and then you shot yourself in the foot with the poor effort of covering up the 3rd and last punched number in the warranty papers that clearly doesnt match the green hang tag that you say is the proof of it being an LV.

Absolute amature and a disgrace to this community.
Old 4 September 2019, 02:32 PM   #101
luvsub
2024 Pledge Member

Wow, just wow. Now everything makes sense.

luvsub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2019, 02:51 PM   #102
007timer
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR
Quote:
To make it easier I’ll put the photos in here that you put in the other thread. The 3rd number you are covering with your watch is a 6 as you can tell by the 4 dots going down and the last number is either a 7 or a 3 as they both have 2 dots at the top right corner.

You come on here with your sob story and try to lead people astray to most likely try and sell the watch to another watch novice.

Shame on you.

I am just in shock. Shady ass people will go to great lengths to scam buyers out of their money.

I don’t see a rebuttal from the OP.

007timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2019, 03:03 PM   #103
rjstuf001
"TRF" Member

Watch: Made in Suisse
Quote:
Basically Zuber has tried leading everyone to beleive that he bought a 16610 that turned out to be a 16610lv from a well know second hand dealer that didnt pick up that it was a 16610LV! Pleaseeeee are you serious and then you shot yourself in the foot with the poor effort of covering up the 3rd and last punched number in the warranty papers that clearly doesnt match the green hang tag that you say is the proof of it being an LV.

The OP clearly stated that he altered the serial numbers on the picture for safety reasons. It's standard practice.
rjstuf001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2019, 03:11 PM   #104
onshow
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstuf001 View Post
The OP clearly stated that he altered the serial numbers on the picture for safety reasons. It's standard practice.
How can one verify the authenticty of the watch if you only reveal the first 2 numbers, the OP also failed to mention that in their first post.

Based on the facts at hand it all looks very fishy. Id be happy to be proven wrong if the OP wishes to reveal the first 4 numbers on the warranty papers, watch lugs and the green hang tag but even then if he has photoshopped them once who is not to say they will do it again to suit their agenda.

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck..............
Old 4 September 2019, 03:18 PM   #105
onshow
"TRF" Member

If your going to start photoshopping pictures instead of just covering them up its going to put a huge amount of doubt out there and whats not to say the LV hasn't been photoshoped in also then....?

Zuber appologies if i have this totaly wrong but all the information you have provided and the way you have provided all smells very, very fishy.
Old 4 September 2019, 03:21 PM   #106
edgware14
"TRF" Member

Watch: 18078
Quote:
How can one verify the authenticty of the watch if you only reveal the first 2 numbers, the OP also failed to mention that in their first post.

Based on the facts at hand it all looks very fishy. Id be happy to be proven wrong if the OP wishes to reveal the first 4 numbers on the warranty papers, watch lugs and the green hang tag but even then if he has photoshopped them once who is not to say they will do it again to suit their agenda.

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck..............
You have waaayyyy too much time on your hands.

Why would he do all this publicly if that was his end goal? Why wouldn't he just swap the LN parts for the LV parts and then sell it?
edgware14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2019, 03:27 PM   #107
edgware14
"TRF" Member

Watch: 18078
I have seen countless watches that have been badly damaged, whilst skiing, after a motorbike crash etc.

The result? A damaged bezel and crystal, sometimes the dial gets scratched, or perhaps moisture penetrates the watch and the hands are oxidised. The original owner perhaps couldn't afford the LV parts, so got the LN. Without sending it to Rolex to cross reference the serial, Watchfinder would have no way of telling between the two.

It really isn't that difficult to understand.
edgware14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2019, 03:43 PM   #108
afjag256
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgware14 View Post
I have seen countless watches that have been badly damaged, whilst skiing, after a motorbike crash etc.

The result? A damaged bezel and crystal, sometimes the dial gets scratched, or perhaps moisture penetrates the watch and the hands are oxidised. The original owner perhaps couldn't afford the LV parts, so got the LN. Without sending it to Rolex to cross reference the serial, Watchfinder would have no way of telling between the two.

This makes no sense.
afjag256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2019, 03:45 PM   #109
onshow
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Very plausable and once again appologies once again to Zuber if this is the case but just the way Zuber went about providing the information and photoshoping numbers instead of covering them up makes me wonder if the LV was photoshopped also.

There has been to much happen to really know the truth now. I guess only a video (that can not be photoshoped easily) showing matching numbers on the greeen hang tag, punched warranty papers and serial between the lugs can prove its a real LV.

I hope it is for Zuber sake as they got a steal if it all checks out but untill then where the truth lies nobody knows. I have just seen to many scammers and i was just looking out for others but i am happy to appologies and say that i was wrong if in fact i am and proof can be obtained if Zuber wishes to provide it.
Old 4 September 2019, 03:53 PM   #110
SearChart
TechXpert

Interesting...
SearChart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2019, 10:17 PM   #111
zuber
"TRF" Member

Quote:
If your going to start photoshopping pictures instead of just covering them up its going to put a huge amount of doubt out there and whats not to say the LV hasn't been photoshoped in also then....?

Zuber appologies if i have this totaly wrong but all the information you have provided and the way you have provided all smells very, very fishy.
Hi onshow, I understand your concerns. Yes, I photoshoped the serial number on the first photo to cover real serial number.

I tried to edit my first post, to make that clear but I am not able to do that or I don't know how to do it.
Here is my post saying that: https://www.rolexforums.com/showpost...6&postcount=11

I believe you have seen the photos of the Rolex papers and emails from RSC in London. It has been confirmed that the watch has been modified from 16610LV to 16610.

Quote:
You are not right here. For the benefit of all, the third number is not 6, it is 0. I will not provide the last one.

It may be confusing, I know, but hopefully it is much clearer now.
Old 4 September 2019, 11:52 PM   #112
Devildog
"TRF" Member

Watch: ^^^ for now
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007timer View Post
I am just in shock. Shady ass people will go to great lengths to scam buyers out of their money.

I don’t see a rebuttal from the OP.
I am in shock that no one mentioned the fact that a Rolex with a triple 8 - triple 8 serial number would most likely be massively more valuable in certain markets than an LV would be on its own.

People should be less quick to judge

Present: 16600, 116509, Cartier Santos Green.
Devildog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 September 2019, 12:27 AM   #113
Atone
"TRF" Member

Watch: TinTin!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zuber View Post
Hmm, this in interesting since my last email conversation with RSC is:

My question: "if I get the original parts and have it replaced by an independent watchmaker, would you serivce the watch once it is back to the factory specification?"

and the answer was:

"Yes, we would certainly service the watch in the future if it were to be received again with the correct dial, insert and hands fitted."
Is it really worth it? To do all of this?
Atone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 September 2019, 12:40 AM   #114
Atone
"TRF" Member

Watch: TinTin!
Quote:

This forum is often front run by hot headed keyboard detectives with nothing else to do. Some of these conspiracy responses are funny!
Atone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 September 2019, 01:49 AM   #115
Explorer2polar
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR , Sub C, Exp
Classic Keyboard Clouseau's .............At Work !
Explorer2polar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 September 2019, 09:07 AM   #116
onshow
"TRF" Member

Restoring my anniversary Submariner

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuber View Post
Hi onshow, I understand your concerns. Yes, I photoshoped the serial number on the first photo to cover real serial number.

I tried to edit my first post, to make that clear but I am not able to do that or I don't know how to do it.

Here is my post saying that: https://www.rolexforums.com/showpost...6&postcount=11

I believe you have seen the photos of the Rolex papers and emails from RSC in London. It has been confirmed that the watch has been modified from 16610LV to 16610.

You are not right here. For the benefit of all, the third number is not 6, it is 0. I will not provide the last one.

It may be confusing, I know, but hopefully it is much clearer now.

Hi Zuber,

Yes I have seen the 2 letters from the RSC and neither of them state it’s an LV. I have also read the 2 emails of which one states it’s an LV but due to emails being easily changed and your photoshop skills I have my doubts. I am sure no one would buy such a watch based on that flaky proof.

I wish you all the best but there are far to many holes in this story that just don’t add up.

I don’t mean to offend and I have no problems saying I am wrong but there are far to many suspicious occurrences are at play here to really know the truth now.

Regardless of its authenticity, it’s some sort of Rolex so wear it and enjoy it.

Old 5 September 2019, 09:12 AM   #117
ndrs63
"TRF" Member

So ironic that there was a time when people preferred the regular Sub to the Kermit. Will such times ever come back?

ndrs63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 September 2019, 09:41 AM   #118
Casey VP-26
"TRF" Member

Ya know what, I'm still having a hard time with all of this.
Casey VP-26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 September 2019, 09:45 AM   #119
Tangier11
Banned

Watch: ROLEX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luap1976 View Post
Was probably done years ago well before the lv was super hot
That what I was thinking, someone simply did not like it so they changed it
Tangier11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 September 2019, 10:15 AM   #120
Robtayham
"TRF" Member

I think I read that the OP got the watch from the back of his Grandfathers safe. It turns out the Grandfather was afraid to wear it in a certain city, so he converted into a 16610 to disguise it.

It all makes sense now.
Robtayham is offline   Reply With Quote